Author Topic: y00tz's .plan (I kid :P)  (Read 11241 times)

KnacK

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
Re: y00tz's .plan (I kid :P)
« Reply #40 on: October 04, 2007, 04:43:25 AM »
they suck and your momma dresses you funny.

Oh, umm... make the green a little lighter.

;D

mewa

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #41 on: October 04, 2007, 06:27:01 AM »
I'm not sure if this is still on topic, but earlier in this post Jitspoe mentioned his audio capture technique. Without trying to be offensive, the audio in the game could use allot of work. I realize there are many more important things to worry about when looking how to improve the game, not to mention the audio has no effect on gameplay.

This sorta thing is right up my alley, and have been meaning to meantion it. Awhile back I tried to perform some reconstruction on a handful of the audio files, with shockingly small success. Unfortunately this means the only solution is to virtually start over, individually grabbing the audio clips from their sources.

I have put a enough thought into this to know that it is a project I am willing to undertake. Jitspoe, or whomever is the authority on these things, please email when you find a moment and I can answer any questions and we might discuss this further.

Thank You,
Mewa
mewa.rules@gmail.com

KnacK

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #42 on: October 04, 2007, 06:36:46 AM »
As far as the audio clips go, the majority of them need to re replaced ( homer, auhnuld, etc) to removed the copyright infrigement.

y00tz

• Autococker
« Reply #43 on: October 04, 2007, 02:38:04 PM »
Mewa, why don't you just start collecting sounds?  Start a new thread to publish them in.  There is a list somewhere, perhaps in this thread, or rather on the wiki I believe.  When you get some sounds done, post them, it would be much more effective since Jitspoe's time is split between full-time work, part-time paintball2 development, and moderating this forum, so it'd be best if you just got some samples out so we could provide constructive-criticism before it eats up Jitspoe's time.

-y00tz

Zorchenhimer

• Autococker
« Reply #44 on: October 04, 2007, 06:35:35 PM »
Mewa, why don't you just start collecting sounds?  Start a new thread to publish them in.  There is a list somewhere, perhaps in this thread, or rather on the wiki I believe.

Quote from: Wiki
Sounds Needed
- New Weapon Sounds (for whatever weapons we decide to do)
   - Angel, PGP2, ...?
- New death sounds (More serious sounds, and non-copyrighted)
- New flag grab/cap sounds (Again more serious, and non-copyrighted)
- Jet engine
- Footsteps in snow
- Flag waving sound
- Large waterfall sound
- Paintballs hitting various surfaces
   - metal, dirt, grass, concrete/rock/brick, wood

y00tz

• Autococker
« Reply #45 on: October 15, 2007, 03:09:13 PM »
Just finished working on: the Foliage Pack for the CTP
Working on now: y_soffice_b2
Up next: 'Sci-Fi or Futuristic' Pack for Dagless and Co.

mewa

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #46 on: October 19, 2007, 04:09:24 AM »
 Regarding the new sounds/audio;

First off, my apologies. I might have let my excitement for the project cloud my perception of available time. I still wish to do audio but I would like to state that I am a little overflowed with other projects and responsibilities right now. To me this just means that for now the DP audio will have to ride the backseat. I hope this doesn't conflict, but I have no idea as to the schedule of the upcoming release. Please let me know what expectations you all have as far as what needs to be done by when.

It is my understanding that you wish to eliminate all audio that is protected by copyright. If this is right, is this meant to be an instantaneous or graduated phasing out? Zorchenhimer made a post with a list of some sounds to record; is there a longer list somewhere?(little confused by the post); where would I make a thread/discussion to accumulate all the various valid ideas of which sounds need to be recorded?(I'm a complete nob to forums). Another question that popped into my head while looking at that list is regarding details of individual sounds, like flag waving; is this a stationary flag waving in the wind, or the sound of someone running with the flag. I'm not sure if i need to prepare a couple varieties of rates for certain sound types (like footsteps, walking, running, speedhacking!), or is this controlled within the software to modify the sounds to the current situation?

I figure if I can get a fairly comprehensive list of what sounds need to be done, I can just widdle away at them when the opportunity arises, then submit for evaluation.

Also, its been said to start a new section/post for this topic. As I said before, I am a little too new to forums, so if it isn't too much trouble could one of the persons in the know create the post/topic/wiki article (?) where ever appropriate and then just direct towards it. 

Much Appreciated
mewa

y00tz

• Autococker
« Reply #47 on: October 19, 2007, 10:50:38 AM »
I am a little overflowed with other projects and responsibilities right now.

Story of our lives.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #48 on: October 23, 2007, 05:08:40 PM »
It will be a gradual thing, most likely.  If you have a new sound or two that's better than one of the existing sounds, I can replace it in the next release.  Rinse and repeat indefinitely. :)  A lot of the things, like surface-dependant footstep sounds, won't be implemented for some time, so if you record any sounds for those, it may be a while before they're used.  I've actually recorded a bunch myself, but I'm waiting for that feature to get higher up on the priority list before I do any more work on it.

At this point in time, I'd start with the sounds that are already being used in the game but are low quality/potentially copyrighted.

y00tz

• Autococker
« Reply #49 on: November 02, 2007, 09:51:13 PM »
The sci-fi pack has been post-poned a bit because I'm working on an urban pack, yeah for the contest...

But I have done lots of concepts for the sci-fi packages, if anyone has pictures or screencaps of movies, etc. of textures/styles they'd like to see, feel free to contribute, especially within this thread.

@mewa: Have you had anytime to work on the sounds?  I tried to record some with the mic on my mp3 player and they sound terrible (background wind, etc.)  so I guess I'll give Jitspoe's "Laptop + $100 mic" as soon as I can find a $100 mic on sale... :P

@Jitspoe: Do you still have these sounds from this post http://dplogin.com/forums/index.php?topic=2413.msg28205#msg28205 ?

Oh before I forget, on behalf of the WorldCraft users, I've started working on making the current 0.8 CTP release compatible with WorldCraft.

For those who have asked, the CTP 1.0 (yes it's still in the works) will be the current CTP (0.8) release + new textures from Nitroboy, a few re-mastered textures, several office textures (think y_soffice) and of course the foliage, urban, and sci-fi packages.

Cryptic bonus.. Expect a neat little treat sometime tomorrow, if I get time to release it...

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #50 on: November 02, 2007, 10:19:02 PM »
Oh before I forget, on behalf of the WorldCraft users, I've started working on making the current 0.8 CTP release compatible with WorldCraft.

Why do you encourage this? :O

DrRickDaglessMD

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #51 on: November 03, 2007, 06:29:54 AM »
y00tz, I've got a concept map in the works which would benefit greatly from your sci-fi pack. Im not really ready to show it off publicly yet, but if you'd like to see it I'll pm you with a working copy and go through it with you on a private server sometime. I think it'd help you out loads with seeing what sort of textures are in demand!

- Dagless

y00tz

• Autococker
« Reply #52 on: December 20, 2007, 12:30:32 AM »
Jitspoe, you don't happen to have the source file (max/blend, heck even the smd) for weapon.skm by any chance?  If not, do you know of a skm decompiler?  I'm working on vweps with interesting results and would love to take a look at the bone for the carbine.

Thanks,
y00tz

Edit:  Here's what I'm working with right now, judging by my eye.  How would you like this to line up?  I'll let you pencil it in with paint or whatever, where you'd like them to line up...  In the 2nd screenshot is my idea of where they should line up, obviously impossible, I'd like some feedback.

Also, I pinged the master list (hit "join game" out of habit), anyway I backed out, and didn't join a server.

-y00tz

Edit 2: Lookin' better :D
« Last Edit: December 20, 2007, 01:24:06 AM by y00tz »

DaRkNeSS

• Autococker
« Reply #53 on: December 20, 2007, 01:37:06 AM »
It just makes me feel all cozy inside.

sk89q

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #54 on: December 20, 2007, 01:43:45 AM »
Looking good.

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #55 on: December 20, 2007, 01:44:46 AM »
We need gun-specific arm positioning though, for the PGP and such.

y00tz

• Autococker
« Reply #56 on: December 20, 2007, 01:59:07 AM »
We need gun-specific arm positioning though, for the PGP and such.

Yeah, and while I'm thinking of it, jitspoe/a modeler needs to make a v_pgp model and skin

Automag :D

Edit: A little bit more tweaking left, but here is the vm68

Edit 2:  Stringray :D
« Last Edit: December 20, 2007, 02:38:45 AM by y00tz »

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #57 on: December 20, 2007, 02:24:52 AM »
Those look really nice.
I'm excited!

y00tz

• Autococker
« Reply #58 on: December 20, 2007, 02:36:27 AM »

If only I had an easier way of lining them up,  as of now I render the .smd, convert to skm, copy files to ../players/male/ load up Paintball, load up arm.bsp, then check for tweaks, and judge by screenies and the Blender view, I make the changes.  :(

After 3 hours, that's a night :P Nah I only have 2 left anyway

Edit 3? 4? idk:  Trracer!  Just one more left (Spyder)

Yay all done (Spyder shot uploaded) 

I'm aware tweaks will need to be made - I'll work on that stuff later, preferably after some test code is in place to use the models
« Last Edit: December 20, 2007, 03:20:41 AM by y00tz »

XtremeBain

• Developer
  • Autococker
« Reply #59 on: December 20, 2007, 06:17:30 AM »
Please make a pistol whip melee attack next.

The y_vwep7-2.jpg screenshot is pretty funny because the perspective makes that 20oz tank look 3.5 feet tall.