Author Topic: Lowering User Limit on Servers  (Read 15109 times)

Fullmetal_Steeb

• 68 Carbine
Re: Lowering User Limit on Servers
« Reply #40 on: June 19, 2007, 06:36:29 PM »
Yeah it should be self-correcting. I correct it for myself all the time.

b00nlander

• Autococker
« Reply #41 on: June 19, 2007, 11:18:12 PM »
Back on topic: Shouldn't this issue really be self-correcting?  I mean, if  the majority of people feel the way Y2J does, then when a server becomes too crowded, they will disconnect and find a less crowded server.

But it will not.  Newbies who have never experienced a better style of gaming, which would eventually lead them to the clanscene and whatnot, will always jump on crowded servers as they don't have to think before they play and they will be less responsible for points scored by opponents. In addition, newbies tend to like the constant respawn - and there are just not enough DM servers to compensate :)

magalhaes

• Autococker
« Reply #42 on: June 20, 2007, 02:51:22 AM »
Jitspoe, the other servers have 0 players. I prefer to play with 30 players or not to play better than jump alone trhough some map waiting for someone to join.

Fullmetal_Steeb

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #43 on: June 20, 2007, 04:14:00 PM »
I just like how everything seems to be chaotic and I like LOVE chaos. It's like a battlefield, as opposed to a tactical op with a few people on your team. XD No one ever has any idea what I'm talking about...

Basically, although I tend to never follow anything in real life, and I'm completely different than anyone else, I'd rather be a member of a large group of soldiers fighting a chaotic battle than like a Rainbow Six member where you have a few guys to kill, a few guys to cover, and an objective to complete. I don't like objectives, and they are basically lost to the Speed server as it's very hard to get to a flag without being shot in there anyway.

I'm not likening this game to any other game, just giving scenarios to compare to Speed/regular play.

lekky

• Autococker
« Reply #44 on: June 20, 2007, 04:20:53 PM »
so you like DM matches then, thats totally different to CTF.

Apocalypse

• Autococker
« Reply #45 on: June 20, 2007, 04:24:54 PM »
Speed just teaches newbies the wrong idea they need to learn to play without 30 people alive at one time and without 5 second respawn. It would also help OTB get some better people in there a lot more skilled players would want to go if there was only 16 players or less in it.

thats insane. saying that Speed is the wrong way to play is like saying that playing real paintball in anything other than woods is wrong. I think its good that theres more than one way to play the game (lots of people, low respawn vs. a few people and waiting your brains out if you die) and that the server player limits aren't controlled by the makers of the game, and that server admins CAN SET THEIR OWN LIMITS. You should all be glad that ALL servers aren't capped at 16 players, because what happens if you want to play Speed? Even if you don't like Speed, what if you decide to give it another try, only to discover that you got it taken away. And Even if Speed isn't taken away, it wouldn't be the same if you only had 8v8 and you could actually tell what you were doing :)
I don't mind Speed I was only saying that they should lower the limit some they don't have to lower it to 16 like I said maybe just to 20 or something less then 32. I liked it as a noob then slowly moved to lower respawn pubs with 15-30 and eventually 60 second respawn and the clan scene all I am saying is that it is getting a bit extreme and newbies keep going there and don't get involved in the bigger picture.

Fullmetal_Steeb

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #46 on: June 20, 2007, 04:28:44 PM »
Im involved in the bigger picture, and I still go there all the time.

Apocalypse

• Autococker
« Reply #47 on: June 20, 2007, 04:31:53 PM »
I know people like to go there still I would if I just wanted to have pretty much straight playing with no big pauses if there was a few less maps but I think they should add a couple more maps before I do maybe Carpathian or something.

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #48 on: June 21, 2007, 11:04:02 PM »
The problem is ........nothing is being done as it should be.

Use the force and make it so.

Otherwise be quiet and let majority decide what they like.

Either way....game on!

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #49 on: June 22, 2007, 12:13:17 AM »
The majority of the playerbase seems mentally disabled in some extreme manner. Those that show that they actually care about the game enough to join the forums should have control of the direction of the game more than the guys that just play the pubs.

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #50 on: June 22, 2007, 03:23:21 AM »
3 Things:

The majority of the playerbase seems mentally disabled in some extreme manner
Your majority fascist.

Those that show that they actually care about the game enough to join the forums should have control of the direction of the game
LOL.

Those that care about the game should only have control via the forum.
Hmmm OK please don't steal my sentiment OK...

*edit +3

Y2J

• VM-68
« Reply #51 on: June 22, 2007, 10:16:00 AM »
The problem is ........nothing is being done as it should be.

Use the force and make it so.

Otherwise be quiet and let majority decide what they like.

Either way....game on!

How is nothing being done as it should... This was a great spot to voice a concern I have for the pub scene of digital paint, and get others input to see if it was just me or not, and it seems as though everyone agrees with me. This problem isn't self correcting itself because at any given time the same map can be on the pubs. Who is going to go play shazam33 with no one in the server, when they can go play with 20.. (Who wants to go play that map at all....) but anyways, make 2 of the pubs classic, where there is a map rotation and 16 limit or something. I'm just throwing out some ideas to think about with the game evolving with build 18, that would make the game funner for all.

XtremeBain

• Developer
  • Autococker
« Reply #52 on: June 22, 2007, 04:47:56 PM »
I miss the old irrational Y2J :'(

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #53 on: June 22, 2007, 04:50:31 PM »
3 Things:

The majority of the playerbase seems mentally disabled in some extreme manner
Your majority fascist.

Those that show that they actually care about the game enough to join the forums should have control of the direction of the game
LOL.

Those that care about the game should only have control via the forum.
Hmmm OK please don't steal my sentiment OK...

*edit +3

LOL isn't really a valid response, or a very helpful one.
PS: Where'd the last quote come from?

Apocalypse

• Autococker
« Reply #54 on: June 23, 2007, 04:21:53 PM »
I searched the forums and it only showed on your quote so I don't know maybe he typed it wrong.

KiLo

• Autococker
« Reply #55 on: June 23, 2007, 04:33:10 PM »
I think the last quote is from Smokey's topic titled A Good Read.

Sharp

• VM-68
« Reply #56 on: June 24, 2007, 08:26:52 AM »
Wonderfull, when i made topic of otb servers having to many slots. Nobody could give their 2 cents, But yeah otb servers are laggy as hell.

Apocalypse

• Autococker
« Reply #57 on: June 24, 2007, 03:41:44 PM »
Wonderfull, when i made topic of otb servers having to many slots. Nobody could give their 2 cents, But yeah otb servers are laggy as hell.
Lol what about 1 cent :P
On Topic: Otb servers are really really laggy having so many people doesn't help either.

Fullmetal_Steeb

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #58 on: June 24, 2007, 07:33:44 PM »
i havent noticed any lag problem with otb's... the only servers that i REALLY truly lag on (like enough to affect the game really badly) are Sparks server and gotmtdew's server... which i was kicked from the other day. Anyone who was there at the time know the reason why? i told a guy "nice kill" and they kicked me...

magalhaes

• Autococker
« Reply #59 on: June 25, 2007, 05:54:10 AM »
i havent noticed any lag problem with otb's... the only servers that i REALLY truly lag on (like enough to affect the game really badly) are Sparks server and gotmtdew's server... which i was kicked from the other day. Anyone who was there at the time know the reason why? i told a guy "nice kill" and they kicked me...
Who cares about lag on some homerun server?And who cares that you´ve been kicked from those homerun servers also?