Author Topic: New Map: No Name Yet :P  (Read 4489 times)

magalhaes

• Autococker
New Map: No Name Yet :P
« on: June 15, 2007, 10:10:28 AM »
First, this map wasnt made by me. All credit goes to VouvosApeida. This map is not even close to finished but i want to know what do you have to say about these screenshots. He didnt want me to post this cause hes afraid that you guys make fun of him so...shh.
I think this map is very very nice btw.

KiLo

• Autococker
Re: New Map: No Name Yet :P
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2007, 10:11:37 AM »
Map link or attachment?

magalhaes

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2007, 10:13:25 AM »
And some more

magalhaes

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2007, 10:16:58 AM »
wOW kiLo you are quick ^^
If you really want i will upload the map but i dont think i should cause it still needs lots of alignements, doesnt even have the spawns set correctly, no weapons...I am trying to get him to work on this things but he too lazy and he only want to work on constructing the map itself...i even had to make 2 or 3 spawns so we could actually play the map xD
Just try to give some opinions on the screenies :D

KiLo

• Autococker
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2007, 10:19:05 AM »
In screen4 I don't exactly get why there is water there. Could you please enlighten me.

magalhaes

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2007, 10:27:27 AM »
hm...dont know maybe just to make it pretty ;)

Zorchenhimer

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2007, 10:51:00 AM »
First and foremost, you need to light the map. It makes it look so much better. Also, get your hands on a High-Res texture pack.

Other than that it looks good. But in the second shot, you are gonna want to use a brick texture if you are going to have a broken up path like that.

bitmate

• Autococker
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2007, 12:04:55 PM »
In the 3rd screenshot (#1 post), there is a crack in the ceiling.
We might need a download link for any further bug fixing and better input ;D

Chef-Killer

• Autococker
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2007, 01:30:24 PM »
I am sure i know the map, is it realy new? Was there an old name or an old version?

If it is the map i think, there are lots of long ways where you can't get anywhere, just follow the ways or go back.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2007, 03:04:56 PM »
- You need to get some lighting in there before posting screenshots.  It looks really bad without lighting.
- In the 3rd shot, there's some brush misalignment on the ceiling.  Use the grid!
- Also on the 3rd shot, it looks like the lights have light textures on the side.  You should use a metal texture on all sides except the one you want emitting light.
- I think you're using the hay bale texture on the roof.  This will look really weird when high resolution textures are mode.
- As KiLo pointed out, the water on the roof is kind of weird.  It will also dramatically impact framerates.

bitmate

• Autococker
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2007, 05:03:23 PM »
In the 3rd screenshot (#1 post), there is a crack in the ceiling.
- In the 3rd shot, there's some brush misalignment on the ceiling.  Use the grid!

Am I the only one who thinks jitspoe doesn't read other posts??

Chef-Killer

• Autococker
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2007, 05:08:15 PM »
I think he posted it again, that there is a small overview with all the things, that need more work.

magalhaes

• Autococker
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2007, 03:02:05 PM »
Again guys this is VouvosApeida Work not mine...I really wish it was mine cause i really think the map is very good.
now..
I am sure i know the map, is it realy new? Was there an old name or an old version?
im sorry: Impossible.
He started it at my house so im sure he didnt take the idea or the map itself from aywhere.
- You need to get some lighting in there before posting screenshots.  It looks really bad without lighting.
- Also on the 3rd shot, it looks like the lights have light textures on the side.  You should use a metal texture on all sides except the one you want emitting light.
- I think you're using the hay bale texture on the roof.  This will look really weird when high resolution textures are mode.
- As KiLo pointed out, the water on the roof is kind of weird.  It will also dramatically impact framerates.
- He said it taked ages to do that qsbp.vis.rad.whateverthing I will tell him to do it dont worry.
- i dont have a lot of experience on bsp but im sure it is easily fixable!
- Ill gave him your suggestion.
- I actually think its pretty cool although i will tell him your suggestion....but he wont change it im sure...as for framerates...well your probabbly right ;D

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2007, 01:59:31 PM »
He needs to keep an eye on his r_speeds (type r_speeds 1 at the console).  Try to keep them under 1000 if possible.  I have the feeling this map in its current state will be unplayable for a lot of people.

Zorchenhimer

• Autococker
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2007, 02:17:38 PM »
Map link or attachment?

So magalhaes, or rather VouvosApeida, how 'bout it?

Francisco

• PGP
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2007, 04:22:42 PM »
  This is the story: i was at magalhães' house and he told me he downloaded bsp which was the program to create maps for this game so i sed lets give it a try. At that time i didnt know much bout map making, and i still dont, i am going for design university so i kinda easily handled the program. Its simple, i didnt take any tutorials, i didnt read anything about it, i didnt know how to work it, mag just told me the basics like the scales and the three prespectives and i quickly understood it.

That afternoom i made a big part of that map mag posted pics of, cuz bsp is really an addiction. Many times he sed to me ''post a beta version in the forums, i've seen being released final versions of maps that dont even worth a bit of yours'' but i always refused cuz i always wanted to release it when it is completely finished.. As i still wish to.

But i havent worked on it lately, and im on exams now so i kinda forgot the map. And to me its crappy anyway :\ but mag told me today about this post and i kinda got upset but its ok.. I KNOW IT HAS STILL LOTS OF BUGS AND GLITCHES but wasnt me who putted pics here  >:( !!

So basicly all this bible to tell this:  Im no good with codes or commands, i dont know how to work with bsp, i just choose textures, apply and make blocks and there you go, a map!! Its like knowin how to playin piano without knowing how to read notes! So i'll keep my work on it, fixing it, puttin it better and then, when i think its done ill somehow convert it into a post here ( ??? ) so u all can dl and say what u think of it.

Jitspoe, thanks for the tips, ill try to do that. Bout the water u'll understand later when its finished.

Chef-Killer i dont think u know the map, it was fruit of my imagination lol its not even paraleld, i made it all spontanious at mags house and then i kept the work at mines.. only me, magalhães and jonased know about it and have played on it.

Magalhães, im not afraid of ppl laughin at it, i just dont think its apropriated to released an unfinished job, its like sell a half baked cake ( ??? ) !!

Thanks and sorry the size of this ...

VouvosApeida

magalhaes

• Autococker
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2007, 04:54:17 PM »
My point was to get you to work on this. Because we need good lokking maps like this one and this is so much better then these maps i see like purple whatever, brownboards or labirynth and so much more ugly looking, ugly to play maps...
WORK ON IT! ;D
Or ill fix the bugs aligne textures get light and release a beta myself.:P
Man.This is the lazyest guy i have ever met.

Zorchenhimer

• Autococker
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2007, 05:07:39 PM »
Man.This is the lazyest guy i have ever met.

Then you haven't met me yet. :D

Either way, Francisco, I am very glad that you didn't say "OMG THIS IS TEH BEST MAPP EVER!!!!!11!!" and post a poorly worked on map. I like how you are acting more humble than other first-time mappers. That said, keep up the work! This map looks really good from the screenies, so far. I can't wait to see the first beta.

magalhaes

• Autococker
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2007, 05:11:00 PM »
Yeah thats the support he needs.
God i love you Zorch. Bring the karma back for just like 5 mins so i can + him ;D
Now Chico (its how hes called by friends) work-on-it!

lekky

• Autococker
« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2007, 07:45:23 AM »
good job VouvosApeida, the more you use it the more you'll understand it :)