Author Topic: Web-Based Colored Text Editor  (Read 2297 times)

sk89q

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
Web-Based Colored Text Editor
« on: June 26, 2007, 12:25:52 AM »
I have made a web-based colored text editor tool:

http://digitalpaint.therisenrealm.com/tools/styletextgenerator

No more playing with funname and config.cfg.

Tested in IE, Firefox, Seamonkey, Safari, and Opera. Doesn't work TOO great in IE.

Eiii

• Autococker
Re: Web-Based Colored Text Editor
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2007, 12:33:28 AM »
<3

y00tz

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2007, 06:55:33 AM »
Wow nice job :D :D

KiLo

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2007, 07:18:42 AM »
If only we had karma I would +50 you!!! :) ;D

lekky

• Autococker
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2007, 07:58:35 AM »
:o

Zorchenhimer

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2007, 11:12:29 AM »
Oooh. Nice.

DaRkNeSS

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2007, 12:12:20 PM »
Very nice work, the whole website is really impressive.  Maybe for the screen shots you should turn on the High-Res textures, as well as adding the HR4 pack to the Downloads section.

Speaking of screen shots, Jitspoe when are you going to update the Screens section?  The most recent screen shots are from Build 8.

sk89q

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2007, 02:59:28 PM »
Thanks everyone.

I didn't use high-resolution textures for the screenshots because I didn't find a texture pack I really liked (and I was too lazy to mix and match) and I was sort of split on whether I should use a modified version of the game for screenshots.

DaRkNeSS

• Autococker
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2007, 05:26:57 PM »
I think the original HR4 pack by FourthX is the best.

http://pbclanfr.free.fr/Fichiers/hr4.zip

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2007, 04:23:08 PM »
Is it supposed to be backwards?  Characters add to the left side for me (in Opera).

Oh, and you can scratch the "Official wiki" off your links: DokuWiki is too slow to be of any use.  Also, this isn't "Digital Paintball".  It probably would be by now if the Half-Life mod hadn't taken that name... oh well.  Good work on the editor, though.

sk89q

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2007, 04:30:58 PM »
Is it supposed to be backwards?  Characters add to the left side for me (in Opera).

It's a bug in the implementation for Opera, but if you click to the end of the textbox, it starts to work as expected. I had a world of trouble getting "insert text at caret" working somewhat correctly in all the browsers.

Oh, and you can scratch the "Official wiki" off your links: DokuWiki is too slow to be of any use.

Yeah okay. There doesn't seem to be much on that thing anyway.

Also, this isn't "Digital Paintball".  It probably would be by now if the Half-Life mod hadn't taken that name... oh well.  Good work on the editor, though.

I named the site Digital Paintball (while totally aware of the Half-Life mod). I refer to the actual game by Digital Paint and I sprinkle in Digital Paintball occasionally. I only chose to use these names for the purposes of search engine rank, though this is all worthless until I get some incoming links with some good keywords.

Thank you for the comments.

Cobo

• Autococker
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2007, 04:33:56 PM »
Maybe we should start to slowly name things as Digital Paintball, then more and more people that think that are going to the HL modification download this and the HL one dies :)

sk89q

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2007, 04:36:43 PM »
Maybe we should start to slowly name things as Digital Paintball, then more and more people that think that are going to the HL modification download this and the HL one dies :)

Actually, on one of my sites, I have a link-to-us page where the HTML code I give out has the right alt and title tags that contain the keywords I want. After a while, my site is first on Google for some of these keywords. If everyone starts linking to Digital Paint by Digital Paintball, either in the name of the link or in its title attribute, then slowly it may rise to the top =3