Author Topic: Online Server List Browser  (Read 2628 times)

sk89q

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
Online Server List Browser
« on: June 30, 2007, 01:15:35 PM »
I have made a online server list browser :D I have no clue what real use it could have though, other than for a passerby who had never heard of DP, and happened upon my site, and happened to have wanted to see how many players were on at a given time.

It can be accessed via the main site under tools.

Loads kind of slowly (unless you view a cached version).

Tested under IE 6, IE 7, Safari, Opera, and Firefox. Works well under Opera and Firefox. Rows do not fade when you refresh "Update" in Safari. IE 6 and IE 7 freeze slightly. IE 6 doesn't have the top black box hover over the page when you scroll.

Cobo

• Autococker
Re: Online Server List Browser
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2007, 01:22:16 PM »
Very nice, it is definitely helpfull to me, since the ingame and external server browsers dint work for me due to my ISP blocking ports or something.
But yours works, thx.

sk89q

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2007, 01:26:17 PM »
Excellent. Glad to find out it's useful to someone =]

ViciouZ

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2007, 01:38:23 PM »
Very useful to people behind proxies... there was one like this for a bit but it was hosted badly and took years to work. Thanks for all your support to the community, jitspoe should give you a developer tag.

KiLo

• Autococker
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2007, 03:15:41 PM »
Very nice. I especially like how it tells how many people are online at that time.

Matze

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2007, 05:08:42 PM »
Great thing ;)

Would it be possible to actually make it show how you ping to the servers that are on the list? Or would that be too much of additional coding?
« Last Edit: June 30, 2007, 06:19:10 PM by Matze »

Smokey

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2007, 06:15:13 PM »
Hmm, we only have like 50 of these. :)

BliZzaRd

• Stingray
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2007, 06:26:01 PM »
Doesnt serverbrowser do the same thing? its in your paintball2 file on your comp... but anyway good job... Its cool to see how many people get involved with this game

-<VQ>BliZz

y00tz

• Autococker
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2007, 10:58:29 PM »
Open-source?

Also:
This utility is provided by Digital Paint and provides no guarantees of accuracy or service. The server listing is provided for informational purposes and your uses of it is of your own responsibility.

Digital Paint is the producer of Paintball2, are you sure you meant to put that?

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2007, 11:55:46 AM »
Very nice, it is definitely helpfull to me, since the ingame and external server browsers dint work for me due to my ISP blocking ports or something.
But yours works, thx.
Is that still the case with the new builds?  Well, the external browser hasn't changed, but the internal one uses UDP now, so it should work in all cases.

DaRkNeSS

• Autococker
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2007, 11:59:53 AM »
Cobo, have you tried the All Seeing Eye?

Cobo

• Autococker
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2007, 12:22:37 PM »
ASE used to work until a few months ago.
I got all the servers, but when I tried connecting to one it just wouldnt connect.
I guess I havent tried connecting to a server with build 19, maybe even 18. But thats because I dont have an unmodified client. I'll try it when I get my computer back.

sk89q

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2007, 01:39:13 PM »
Great thing ;)

Would it be possible to actually make it show how you ping to the servers that are on the list? Or would that be too much of additional coding?

It may be possible with some sort of plugin (Java, etc.) but I'm not sure what use it would be. There is already the server browser that comes with the game.

Open-source?

Hmm?

This utility is provided by Digital Paint and provides no guarantees of accuracy or service. The server listing is provided for informational purposes and your uses of it is of your own responsibility.

Digital Paint is the producer of Paintball2, are you sure you meant to put that?

Oh whoops. I meant to put the name of my site.

Matze

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2007, 09:27:51 PM »
I was just saying that cause some people might be confused if they go on that list, see a low pinged server, then join it and  ping 200+.

I don't need it so don't do it if you don't want to ;)

sk89q

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2007, 10:44:46 PM »
I have put a note about that now. It shall guide those lost peoples.