Author Topic: Cheat by Disconnect  (Read 16338 times)

JiGSaW

• Autococker
Re: Cheat by Disconnect
« Reply #40 on: July 02, 2007, 03:32:02 PM »
Are you sad?  This excrement happens every day.  Just the fact that you put my name there doesn't mean anything, if I came here and named all the people who have d/c'd in matches we've played in, it'd be a good list.

Why don't any of you have anything to say back to this?  You're not gonna get me banned, you're not gonna get me mad, i'm not quitting dp.  Deal with it, stop your complaining, I can't wait for jitspoe to read this.

Red Blood -  I'm sorry I try my heart out in pubs, do you want to 1v1 me to see how I can 50-0 you?  We can set it up.  Come to globalgamers on mirc and come to #team_ij.

Eiii - Who the hell are you?  Seriously. 

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #41 on: July 02, 2007, 03:38:17 PM »
I'm a giant penis living in the hills of Upper Cambodia, but what's it to you?

In response to your post no one responded to, just because others do it doesn't make it right. </kindergarden> You were caught and reported, so you take the blame.

JiGSaW

• Autococker
« Reply #42 on: July 02, 2007, 03:43:23 PM »
Actually I think you should have <Kindergarden> brackets around the first statement you just said.  Do you sit at home on your computer all day too like half the people in this game?  Really seems like it by your 3k post count, what a great life, sitting on a digital paintball forum talking excrement to people who don't even care.

User banned for this post
« Last Edit: July 02, 2007, 03:51:40 PM by jitspoe »

DaRkNeSS

• Autococker
« Reply #43 on: July 02, 2007, 03:49:00 PM »
Perhaps you should stop with the personal attacks, and stay on topic.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #44 on: July 02, 2007, 03:49:27 PM »
What would fix the problem would be, make a server and get everyone in and then put a password on the server so no one knows what it is....Thats if you can put a password on after everyone has joined the game.Then if jigsaw or whome ever tries this wont be able to get back into the game, thus the other clan loses a player.
I like the idea of changing the password mid-match.  It would make for a nice "Joke's on you" scenario.  Realistically, though, I'm going to need to implement something in the game to prevent this behavior.  A couple ideas I have are to a) force respawn a teammate when the last remaining player disconnects or b) allow the round to continue for 1 minute if the last player disconnects while the other team has a flag.  You guys might want to head over to the 2007 feature vote thread and vote for this.  In the meantime, any clan that does this automatically forfeits the match.

Cobo

• Autococker
« Reply #45 on: July 02, 2007, 03:50:26 PM »
By </kindergarden> he means that the kindergarden stops there...

b00nlander

• Autococker
« Reply #46 on: July 02, 2007, 03:54:24 PM »
I like the idea of changing the password mid-match.  It would make for a nice "Joke's on you" scenario.
not a good option, as people (e.g. observers) could get kicked/lag out and need to reconnect etc.

A couple ideas I have are to a) force respawn a teammate when the last remaining player disconnects or b) allow the round to continue for 1 minute if the last player disconnects while the other team has a flag. 
b) sounds good to me

In the meantime, any clan that does this automatically forfeits the match.
HAHAHAHAHAHA.  Sorry, couldn't help myself. But seriously, it's not like that sentence will make any clan follow this unwritten rule now...

lekky

• Autococker
« Reply #47 on: July 02, 2007, 03:55:46 PM »
b) allow the round to continue for 1 minute if the last player disconnects while the other team has a flag.  You guys might want to head over to the 2007 feature vote thread and vote for this.

I really like this idea. Bear in mind some disconnects are genuine, this would be a nice solution.

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #48 on: July 02, 2007, 04:03:02 PM »
Even in the event of a genuine disconnect, the other team deserves to cap.

lekky

• Autococker
« Reply #49 on: July 02, 2007, 04:10:26 PM »
I know, thats why i said that was a good idea :/

Br55HiT

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #50 on: July 02, 2007, 04:16:14 PM »
Fine Smokey whatever you say. 

For some reason everyone has to take it upon themselves to bring down Ij.  Yes we have had people do stupid things.  But every clan out there has people do stupid things and no one picks them out.  I don't know if it's because we are all relatively new players and you are mad because we can beat you.  Or if you just don't like us for some reason that you don't care to explain.  There are a couple clans out there that have had multiple people cheat in them.  Why don't you people harass them too instead of just us.  This is a very bias community.  Once you find a clan you don't like, you take it upon yourselves to insult and put them down.  Even today with build 18 and 19 and the newest cheat detection software.  Most people still insist that we cheat.  It's impossible for us to modify the game in any way to gain an advantage. 

I love how this topic was started about a week or so after the match happend.  It was started maybe a day or two after we completely destroyed Starz in a different match.  So I personally think this was done just because they are mad that we beat them. 

51-9 on pp1  23-16 on pbcup   GG     

Also we don't completely understand why they care so much about it.  At least Jig doesn't.  We were up by at least 5 or more, and we were winning a majority of the rounds.  It didn't look good for starz.  Plus they don't add losses so it's not like we hurt their record.  I'm not saying what he did was right.  Just that he doesn't quite understand why you care so much.  If you guys are so good you should have made up the 3 points in no time.

I also don't understand why this community can't discuss stuff in an adult manner on the forums.  IRC and chat rooms are one thing.  But on the forums you should at least try to be a little more professional and decent.  We had about three or four posts in this topic that are like that.  Then the rest is all bassically "IJ SUCKS BAN THE NEWBS".  Which doesn't get anything done. 

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #51 on: July 02, 2007, 04:29:31 PM »
Looking at the last page or so, most of the responses are decent. There are a few that are flames like you said, but for the most part they're okay. The least professional or decent posts in this thread are by a fellow member of yours. Again, I think you should reconsider his membership.

KnacK

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #52 on: July 02, 2007, 04:36:38 PM »
If you notice Hitman, your *team mate* just got yet another ban from the forums for idiotic behavior.

You wonder why ij gets singled out? Take a look in the mirror.  Most clans, if they get caught doing something stupid, quit it and all is well.  You guys have quite the reputation if bringing it upon yourselves.

Personally, I can't think of another clan around right now that should be ignored more than yours, and I stand behind what I meant when I said that clans should just stop matching ij.  That would solve a lot of problems.

Now, bringing other issues with other clans in to thsi thread is off topic.  If you want to flame or complain about another clan, start a new thread.

This thread started with a pretty clean post by a member of the community who was bothered by the actions of  a member of your clan.  It was pretty civil and straight forward.  No bloat, no flaming.

Think about it....

Br55HiT

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #53 on: July 02, 2007, 04:57:03 PM »
Yes Jig does do a lot of stupid things.  But not matching the clan because of a person?  Considering the higher end clan scene is already pretty much dead.  Taking away one of the most active clans won't help it.   

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #54 on: July 02, 2007, 05:02:26 PM »
Yes Jig does do a lot of stupid things.  But not matching the clan because of a person?

AGAIN, clans are represented by who they choose to accept into their clan. You let someone in who causes trouble, then you're whole clan causes trouble. They are, after all, wearing your tag the whole time.

KnacK

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #55 on: July 02, 2007, 05:12:20 PM »
First, you guys about all got banned from ETG for being a$$e$, then you had several members caught hacking and you did nothing to clean up your reputation ( ie.. get rid of the hacking members)

So, not matching a clan is actualyl cleaning house from the inside out, and by not matching you, or your clan, the "most active clan", other clans will match each other.

DaRkNeSS

• Autococker
« Reply #56 on: July 02, 2007, 06:08:10 PM »
First of all, I don't think people were trying to "pick on" Ij.  Brewsky was just asking for something to be done to prevent people from doing this.

Plus they don't add losses so it's not like we hurt their record.

It's not that we were mad about losing, because we clearly didn't lose.  It's just the fact of how lame it is to play for 1.5 hours just to have someone ruin it on purpose.

DuDe

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #57 on: July 02, 2007, 08:17:25 PM »
Knack Not all got Banned just to let you know.

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #58 on: July 02, 2007, 08:26:16 PM »
AGAIN, clans are represented by who they choose to accept into their clan. You let someone in who causes trouble, then you're whole clan causes trouble. They are, after all, wearing your tag the whole time.

KnacK

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #59 on: July 02, 2007, 08:30:43 PM »
Knack Not all got Banned just to let you know.

I am aware of that