Author Topic: My friend's computer  (Read 1597 times)

eradicator

• Autococker
My friend's computer
« on: July 03, 2007, 07:22:25 PM »
OK, my friend has been coming to my house alot latley and he watches me play dp2. He claims that the game is amazing (that makes two of us) and he wants it on his computer. So the other day i went over to his house which i can go to anytime because he lives down the street and i installed the game (build 19), and i opened it and it stays grey, and a window comes up saying make sure you have an openGL capable videocard and the latlest drivers are installed. Is there any way i can get around this problem or fix it without having to spend anymoney or make addtions to his computer?, other than direct web downloads. If so, please make instructions simple and complex. I know a little about computers but not all that fancy pants geek lingo

KiLo

• Autococker
Re: My friend's computer
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2007, 09:17:41 PM »
Well he probably has an ATI video card so tell him to pull that excrement out and put an NVIDIA in.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2007, 09:28:32 PM »
You just need to download drivers for the video card.  Click on the "Docs/FAQ" link at the top of the page for more details.

eradicator

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2007, 09:54:00 PM »
can you post a link with what exactly what drivers i need, im pretty sure he doesnt have a special video card its just the default one that comes with the computer

KiLo

• Autococker
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2007, 09:59:26 PM »
Go to your friend's computer and hit the Windows key (between ctrl and alt) and r at the same time. Then type dxdiag and hit enter. Click on the display tab and then post what type of video card he has so we can help better.

P.S.: Thanks to y00tz for dxdiag :)

eradicator

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2007, 10:38:30 PM »
NVIDA GeForce2 MX/MX 400 (Microsoft

KiLo

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2007, 10:47:13 PM »
Strange I have that exact same video card in my desktop and it runs Paintball2 just fine.

Try this: Right click on my computer and click manage. Then on the left side click on device manager. Click the + next to display adapters then right click on the card under there and then click properties. Click on the driver tab. Try to update the driver from there and if that doesn't work then try rolling back the driver.

I know on my desktop I can't even install the newest driver or else it intercourses up my computer. Like if I install it from the Windows Update :o when I restart my computer will just keep restarting. And if I download the driver from the NVIDIA website and then install it the resolution will be ungodly big and you can't change it.

eradicator

• Autococker
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2007, 11:28:57 PM »
rolling back the driver?

eradicator

• Autococker
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2007, 11:54:13 PM »
ty ty ty it worked!!!!! kilo you are my hero. thank you once again.

KiLo

• Autococker
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2007, 03:19:38 AM »
No problem I am here to help.