Author Topic: Custom Crosshairs  (Read 1377 times)

S8NSSON

• Autococker
Custom Crosshairs
« on: March 13, 2005, 09:50:49 PM »
I made a couple custom crosshairs trying to find one i'm comfortable with and decided to make a little tutorial.

http://68.114.43.207/crosstut.htm
It's off my machine so it's slow and has a 10 user limit.
If it's worth a darn someone Jit can just copy it and host it here or i'll send it to my work and host it up there.

Eiii

• Autococker
Re: Custom Crosshairs
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2005, 08:23:18 AM »
WIKI!

LAN@wasted

• PGP
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2005, 10:43:20 AM »
I personally think that this is a very well written Tutorial, and worth being published. Well structured, helpful pictures and good explanation. Good Job S8NSSON!
Actually, I'm probably gonna try that, too, sounds like a very good idea, and I've found better crosshairs in many of the Tactical Shooters that I have played before than in paintball.

Only negative thing to be mentioned about the tutorial:  it is limited to photoshop, tho converting it to other programs like paintshop pro or w/e might work, i think the tutorial could be held a little more general or contain another description for another program (like "in Paintshop Pro you would do it this and that way"). That might be a job for someone else, and the result might well be included in the Wiki!

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2005, 02:26:08 PM »
This is exactly the type of thing I'm setting the wiki up for. :)  Unfortunately there's no way to upload images just yet.  I need to figure out a good way to do that.

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2005, 06:27:27 PM »
very nice, how do i use it?

jitspoe that was my next question i noticed i can not toggle crosshairs :( via menu

please dont say its in the faq

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2005, 06:42:17 PM »
The menu option simply hasn't been done yet.

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2005, 07:34:35 PM »
alpha 14?

and where is my sad face that you have not done this :)

oh btw q2 menu 1 alpha 0

jk btw i ment to say this , the more i play alpha13 the more i like it or rather likce with it :) 

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2005, 09:54:15 PM »
Heh, todo, todo, todo, and so little time todo it in.

I'm glad you're liking the standalone version.  The ball visibility you complained about earlier will be worked on... eventually.  Maybe brighter with some motion blur or something...

Argh, this is frustrating.  Seems all I have time to do is work, reply to some messages, and go to bed.