Author Topic: Something really wierd is going on...  (Read 1207 times)

play3r1

• VM-68
Something really wierd is going on...
« on: July 07, 2007, 08:03:01 PM »
Ok, you probably know what a bot it, it's a computerized player with artificial intelligenve (or lack of), and it can never talk, under no circumstances. And, when you press down the button F1 or Tab, it displays every player on the server; including bots and observers.

This has happened to me MORE than once. I was playing and this guy was posting some chat messages, and he was nowhere on the map and he couldn't have been an observer because he was NOWHERE on the F1 or TAb menu. But he was talking and would respond with an appropriate message to your reply, not just some programmed in reply. It happened more than once and it was always the same guy. I think his name was something like console. Do you know that at the very left-most thing in a message, it show the team color in the shape of the dp emblem and white for observer, well this guy I failed to notice it. Is he some kind of hacker or something? Is this normal? Or is it just somethign that happends to ME and no1 else will believe.

KnacK

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
Re: Something really wierd is going on...
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2007, 08:09:29 PM »
It's from the console.  SOmeone ( the server admin ) was talking to you via the server and not from the DP client.

play3r1

• VM-68
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2007, 08:15:27 PM »
Ok, that makes sense, but HOW do you talk to someone through the console if your NOT the server admin?

Cobo

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2007, 08:16:50 PM »
And you call other people noobs.

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2007, 10:03:07 PM »
I agree with Cobo. You can only talk through the console if you have physical access to it or rcon access. The command is 'say <message>'.

magalhaes

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2007, 06:54:26 AM »
I think that when you are downloading the mapor something you can use the say command too. I'm not sure though.

bitmate

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2007, 07:00:58 AM »
I think that when you are downloading the mapor something you can use the say command too. I'm not sure though.
Yeah, you can send messages but you can't recieve any, though.
Vote for that on the Official Feature Request Vote. ;D

play3r1

• VM-68
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2007, 07:16:03 PM »
I agree with Cobo. You can only talk through the console if you have physical access to it or rcon access. The command is 'say <message>'.

Thanks