Author Topic: I see you!  (Read 2517 times)

WarWulf

• Autococker
I see you!
« on: July 08, 2007, 02:09:08 PM »
ok soo it was a lovly 4th of july and i was enjoying a game of digitalpaint.

the map was airtime3.

soo i was jumping down from the top of the base where the automag spawns and i went to grab the flag but something odd happend. i floated over it... and i was a bit cunfuzed about it, soo i started sniffing around and to my amazment i found a invisable person standing right next to the flag.

soo i check the scoreboard right away. and he is observing. and even though the screen shot shows the round was over. i can assure you that what i said above happend during the middle of the round!

Kaos

• VM-68
Re: I see you!
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2007, 10:42:15 PM »
ok soo it was a lovly 4th of july and i was enjoying a game of digitalpaint.

the map was airtime3.

soo i was jumping down from the top of the base where the automag spawns and i went to grab the flag but something odd happend. i floated over it... and i was a bit cunfuzed about it, soo i started sniffing around and to my amazment i found a invisable person standing right next to the flag.

soo i check the scoreboard right away. and he is observing. and even though the screen shot shows the round was over. i can assure you that what i said above happend during the middle of the round!

uni jus to let u kno ur cheating dont change ur sky =p 2nd of all this happens when some one is observering and can jump around the map and when their chase camming u

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2007, 10:47:43 PM »
No, the point is this doesn't (or isn't supposed to) happen when someone is observing. Observers are supposed to be invisible and intangible, which this one isn't.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2007, 11:02:14 PM »
This person didn't happen to be a bot, did it?  Sometimes the bots have solidity issues.  I've never seen it happen with another player, though.  If it happens again, be sure to get a demo.  A demo including when the person went into observer mode would be especially helpful.

SkateR

• Autococker
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2007, 11:05:47 PM »
It happens all the time when people spec you.

Spook

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2007, 11:06:17 PM »
It happens all the time on OTB, people spec you, and then you can't move because they are basically inside you. It doesn't happen all the time, but it's frustrating when it does.

WarWulf

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2007, 11:42:07 PM »
lol kaos maybe if jitspoe takes off the sky function . i didnt modify any content that's pbsky2 :)

jitspoe is their a command that i can type in to automaticly record demo's everytime i play, or does dp auto create a temp demo the moment i connect and soo is their a special record command like if i was half way into a map and i wanted to record everything from the begining?

spook this person wasnt specing me. i tried to grab the flag coming in from the high and i could actually walk on his head. made me miss the flag.

Kaos

• VM-68
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2007, 12:21:54 AM »
uni didnt say u modfied the content jus saying that changing ur sky on dark maps for exp airtime 3 is consider cheating due to the fact it gives u more light in darker area which make u see players better which is an unfair advantage but not hacking and by the way spook u should kno about ppl getting in ur way while their specing u becuz when ur got to a server with a jump map end s up 4 ppl stop playin go obs and spec u jump did it to pyshco the other day and he seen me hes like kaos get out of my way rofl anyway if ppl are obs and they arent no clip why should we be able to contact a player whos alive if anything when ur specing ppl u should go through them and ppl in game playing should be able to shoot u jus a suggestion maybe it can be added to next build some howuni i dont think theirs a command that does it automaticly but u could jus record when ever u want i sometimes record in pb and call it record pub1 then next time i would add 1 #

sk89q

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2007, 01:14:11 AM »
There's a server variable to prevent sky changing (as of build 18?), though I've never tested it.

Some servers auto-record demos (as of build 18) and you can look in pball/demos/* for them.

Not sure whether there's a variable to auto-record every match, and I presume it isn't possible to record from the beginning of a match by starting in the middle.

lekky

• Autococker
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2007, 07:25:11 AM »
and I presume it isn't possible to record from the beginning of a match by starting in the middle.

of course, why even mention this fact?!

Kaos, thats unreadable, you need some grammar in there dude.

and on-topic, i've never had this happen to me :/

sk89q

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2007, 08:39:33 AM »
and I presume it isn't possible to record from the beginning of a match by starting in the middle.

of course, why even mention this fact?!

Well he asked :|

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2007, 12:32:41 PM »
There's no client side auto-recording right now, but you could vote for it.  If somebody figures out the sequence of events to create a "solid" observer, PM me.

bitmate

• Autococker
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2007, 01:46:01 PM »
This comes into my mind when I read the topic name.

y00tz

• Autococker
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2007, 01:46:30 PM »
Here's a possible scenario in which this could be re-created, but we'd need some volunteers.

I notice that blue team has been eliminated...
Thus it's possible you made the jump  to cap AFTER or AS the round ended.

As many know, if you select change teams and don't die, as soon as the round ends you take on that jersey.

Is it likely, this guy switched to observer, the round ended by blue team being eliminated, since he was on red he switched to observer and then you made the jump, thus hitting the solid observer?

If anyone wants to test this with me, grab a server and pm/irc me, I think it'd result the same