Author Topic: Pickup Games Discussion  (Read 4168 times)

Apocalypse

• Autococker
Pickup Games Discussion
« on: July 09, 2007, 03:28:18 PM »
As it seems that my thread here has become more discussion then helping me with things I have decided to make this thread.
This thread is solely for thoughts, comments etc. if you can help by being in the staff or fufilling one of my other requests then post here at http://dplogin.com/forums/index.php?topic=7552.new#new .
The purpose of the Pickup Games is to help integrate newer players into the somewhat of a matching scene and IRC and just for fun.
They will be integrated into the matching community by meeting clans and maybe getting recruited into there "B" squads which many clans are doing now or into the actual clan as there may very well be some fairly skilled players out there in the pubs; also it will be similar to a match server with a few exceptions you will not be able to switch teams and this will hold onto the pickup end of the games.
It will help integrate them into IRC by if I can get a server specifically for this instead of just renting a match server it will advertise #paintball as well as some clan IRC channels it will show a site to download also it will be based on IRC as well as the forums although people who have neither of these will still be able to join as the whole point is to bring in those who do not. So now you know the main purpose of these pickups and yes I know there used to be other pickups but I believe these will turn out better and keep going if I can get the few essentials that I need. Now go ahead discuss your heads off.
Thanks,
 Apocalypse

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
Re: Pickup Games Discussion
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2007, 05:41:57 PM »
A website could be useful, but it would have to be a short and simple url that you could give to people in game, something like dppug.com.  Then the site could have all of the details on how to connect to IRC, what the basic purpose of a pickup game is, etc.

Apocalypse

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2007, 04:00:14 PM »
So basically a one page thing similar to what I just posted I could probably make a link to this site too if you'd like. Maybe a link to download mIRC. Maybe have a bunch of clan channels as well as other useful ones such as the one for mappers etc. Maybe also have downloads for demos of some of the games from the point of view of someone around the center of the list for kill:death that way it doesn't make it look like every one else there is way to good for most noobs or everyone else is horrible and doesn't make me look bad lol.
By the way do you know who made the site for ch1ll that one is done very nicely and I might have them make the site if I can contact them.

Matze

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2007, 04:21:40 PM »
That site is a modified php clan-script.What i could do is creating a pickup section on the site. That way you wouldn't  have to create a new one. example: http://www.ch1ll.de/index.php?pickup

I could create a subdomain to that site like pickup.ch1ll.de (xtremebain could do a ch1ll.com subdomain aswell), or could have any other url linking to that site.

Would be an easy and simple solution. It's up to you ;)

« Last Edit: July 10, 2007, 04:48:15 PM by Matze »

Apocalypse

• Autococker
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2007, 06:31:22 PM »
Oh I was thinking a nice easy url like the one jits suggested I like it since we have a pugbut I think dppug fits I guess that would help you guys look better too aiding a siteless Pickup Game organizer lol but really thanks. I will PM you what I would like for you to put in the page once completed (probably not till Saturday).
I've got it done just need to sort out a little bit with my fellow staff first.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2007, 03:10:11 PM by Apocalypse »

Apocalypse

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2007, 03:21:36 PM »
Sorry for the double post but here is the server config

magalhaes

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2007, 03:27:53 PM »
"The channel most used by DP players is on globalgamers at irc.gg-center.net from there you should connect to #paintball"
?
You should connect to GGC (not a channel but a server) and you should join (not connect) #paintball.
Also, put in there a link to the IRC guide.

Other than that seems fine.:)

EDIT: I know qehs website is good but still there's no need to put it in there twice :P

Apocalypse

• Autococker
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2007, 03:36:02 PM »
Oh woops I was getting confused because of the B squads when going through the entire global login page for IRC channels and sites and plus I was tired I'll fix it though thanks.

bitmate

• Autococker
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2007, 03:00:04 AM »
I would rearrange the clanpage/channel list a bit.
Best way to do this is in alphabetical order ;)

Apocalypse

• Autococker
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2007, 12:18:53 PM »
Redone again here it is any ways.

bitmate

• Autococker
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2007, 01:28:40 AM »
Will you set that up on a website soon?

Apocalypse

• Autococker
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2007, 09:48:47 AM »
Yup just going to add a bit more then I'm going to give it to matze.

Apocalypse

• Autococker
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2007, 11:52:26 AM »
Sorry for the double post but fist off matze could you make the domain name dpug.ch1ll.com and also here is the stuff to go on it.

ViciouZ

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2007, 12:23:44 PM »
He's on holiday, you'll have to wait for a bit.

bitmate

• Autococker
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2007, 12:28:52 PM »
Matze is on vacation for the next few days, so you might have to wait a bit.

wow Steve, you beat me! I should not write an answer and then leave for food without submitting...

Apocalypse

• Autococker
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2007, 09:23:16 AM »
Lol bit.
Anyways it doesn't really matter that much I guess Jits is still going through his list of PMs so it won't be starting for a while.