Author Topic: Server Mods,Sounds,Banners,and Colors  (Read 3236 times)

abin229

• PGP
Server Mods,Sounds,Banners,and Colors
« on: July 09, 2007, 06:02:58 PM »
Okay i have a server on Build 19 called ~!SoG!~ Clan Server and i really want to give people the expierence of being on a great server So i have some questions.

So is there a way i can put a mod for like diff guns or textures and like the way people look? Because i really wish i could.

And like those sounds with homer simpson and all those others...would i be able to take them off and put on muisc that ive made myself ?

And also when im playing that little messege of the day is very quick by going by so could i put banners on the bottem of screen so when people are playing they can see what website to go to for our forum and like who we are?

And one more thing, Is there a way to change the color of the words on my server?

thank you for your time and please post back if you know how to do any of these things.

Thank you,
~!SoG!~Abin229

Kaos

• VM-68
Re: Server Mods,Sounds,Banners,and Colors
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2007, 06:17:09 PM »
well most of the these things are cilent side server mod ur could prolly but u need permission from jits as far as textures sounds diff guns i think as far f these editing them would be consider modified and get u banned and textures and sounds are mostly client side

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2007, 07:17:27 PM »
The experience of being on a great server is really determined by the quality of the server's connection (Do players have a good ping?  Is it laggy?) and the quality of the admin (Are good maps selected for rotation, are players being kicked for being offensive or disruptive and not because of personal issues with the admin, etc.)  Changing things like textures isn't possible from the server side, and even if it was, it wouldn't make the server "great", just "unique."

abin229

• PGP
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2007, 07:45:02 PM »
ohh okay but is there a way to take the weird sounds that are random because they annoy sum people...could i put music instead?

KiLo

• Autococker
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2007, 07:47:48 PM »
The muisc has to be .wav I believe.

I assume you are talking about Leeeeeeeeeeroy Jeeeeeeeenkins!!!

abin229

• PGP
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2007, 08:45:51 PM »
yea but i know its from world of warcraft but strill im tired of hearing theat random stuff and i dont like it its ANNOYING like the simpons stuff to i just want to take that stuff away and put in music that ive made myself at home (so it wont be copyright) so how i take away that stuff and add my music instead?

Kaos

• VM-68
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2007, 08:48:04 PM »
yea but i know its from world of warcraft but strill im tired of hearing theat random stuff and i dont like it its ANNOYING like the simpons stuff to i just want to take that stuff away and put in music that ive made myself at home (so it wont be copyright) so how i take away that stuff and add my music instead?
jus replace all the funny ANNOYING SOUNDS with ur music

abin229

• PGP
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2007, 02:14:04 PM »
HOW DO I REPLACE IT!?!?!?!?!!?!?

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2007, 04:49:50 PM »
They're just .wav files: paintball2\pball\sound

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2007, 04:51:00 PM »
You can only replace it on the client's side, it has nothing to do with the server. So don't expect to have people flock to your server because it 'doesn't have the sounds'.

abin229

• PGP
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2007, 10:36:51 AM »
yes im not expecting that lol i just wanted to know how. than kyou very much