Author Topic: Web-based RCON client  (Read 7694 times)

sk89q

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
Web-based RCON client
« on: July 11, 2007, 02:45:47 PM »

I am very gradually working on this. It's web-based and so it requires a web server to run on, but it means that you can access it from anywhere. This is version two, since I've been using an older thing I made a while ago to manage my server (from the web).

The color coded log only appears if it's running on the same server and the log file can be accessed, though alternative ways ("drivers") can be made to get the log some other way. Passwords are censored (to the best ability of my script) as they show too.

If anyone has any ideas or comments, feel free to say anything. I'm also curious if anyone would find it even useful, since there's ASE's RCON client (and others) already.

Eiii

• Autococker
Re: Web-based RCON client
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2007, 02:49:06 PM »
This looks great. A web-based remote rcon client would be incredibly useful for server admins.

b00nlander

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2007, 02:56:54 PM »
ASE is not very handy, so yours seems to be nice.  I'm using "Rcon Unlimited" for 2 years now, and would only switch to yours if you could include stuff like timebased/event based execution of commands, but I bet for many server admins, your tool could come in handy. nice job there.

PiCaSSo

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2007, 03:12:51 PM »
ASE is not very handy, so yours seems to be nice.  I'm using "Rcon Unlimited" for 2 years now, and would only switch to yours if you could include stuff like timebased/event based execution of commands, but I bet for many server admins, your tool could come in handy. nice job there.

Same :)

sk89q

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2007, 05:25:06 PM »
Well, time-based/event/delayed command execution seems to be something more fit for an actual program, but in the mean time, what are some uses you have in mind for a time-based/event/delayed command execution function?

I might make an actual RCON program for Paintball actually, since a web-based client does have its limitations.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2007, 09:00:09 PM »
Looks cool.  If you decide to make a standalone program, you might consider building it into the standalone server browser.  A few people have requested that.  Though it may be simpler/cleaner to have a separate program that can be launched from the server browser, I don't know.  Source should be attached near the end of the thread: http://dplogin.com/forums/index.php?topic=1683.0

b00nlander

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2007, 11:44:22 PM »
time-based:  advertisement?
event-based:  for example, execute a config when the last person quits the server

sk89q

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2007, 08:51:44 PM »
It's been too long since I've worked with C++. If I had more time, maybe I'd work on it (I would prefer it written in C++ over .NET and, diety forbid, Java).

As for the time-based/event-based stuff, I recall myself trying that once, but I wrote it PHP since it was really quick to make. I probably couldn't find it anymore if I tried but I sure could redo it. Would you mind if it were in PHP?

And for the RCON client, the menus are semi-customizable and custom commands are implemented (!yourcommandhere). Just a little more work and it should be in releasable beta.

By the way, is it possible to do forcejoin (or whatever it's called) via RCON? I failed to get it to work, and with the sv prefix too. I was trying to make a "shuffle teams" feature.

And is cprint possible via RCON (I assume not, from what I remember looking at the game's source)?

b00nlander

• Autococker
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2007, 04:25:18 AM »
there's no cprint via RCON, dunno about the forcejoin part.  jitspoe is gone for another week or so.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2007, 12:48:30 PM »
I don't think either are available through rcon.

Fyre

• VM-68
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2007, 06:06:17 PM »
Looks very nice. Everyone has a web browser, whereas not every has ASE, so this could be used by all server admins. Good job.

QueeNiE

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2007, 09:37:34 AM »
That looks amazing.  I was wondering if you, or possibly anyone else here could direct me to a list of all the rcon commands?

sk89q

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2007, 03:55:41 PM »
Here's a copy of my program: PBServerConsole 1.0
http://digitalpaint.therisenrealm.com/downloads/pbsc/pbsc_1_0.zip

I've been busy lately and haven't had too much time on this, though the only thing left really is the documentation. Read README.txt for installation information.

For RCON commands, I don't think there's a list anywhere. A lot of regular commands work though, and some will work if you prefix it with sv. I have a reference of commands and variables here:
http://digitalpaint.therisenrealm.com/reference/commands

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2007, 01:59:52 PM »
rcon just stands for remote console, so any server console command will work.  The client/game commands, however won't (things like join, dropgun, etc., as well as some of the login admin commands).  Some of the commands work with the sv prefix, though, as sk89q said.

T3RR0R15T

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2007, 05:03:10 PM »
Code: [Select]
An error has occurred:
Specified profile does not exist.

I must change something with "global registers = off" ?

sk89q

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2007, 01:19:15 AM »
I've been away/unavailable, but anyway... time to resurrect a thread.

It should work whether register_globals is on or off. I just tested it on both configurations.

What did you put in your servers.php file, without the passwords and sensitive information of course?

T3RR0R15T

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2007, 08:40:50 AM »
I tested it with and without any password and with the examples. The message is always the same.

KnacK

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2007, 12:34:10 PM »
Looks like your zip file is now corrupt.

y00tz

• Autococker
« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2007, 03:42:04 PM »

KnacK

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2007, 06:30:35 PM »
hmmm
n/m it works now.