_
« on: July 11, 2007, 09:49:20 PM »
Post removed
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 02:13:25 AM by P!nk »

Spook

• Autococker
Re: Post your 1st post!
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2007, 09:59:52 PM »
I just want to know how to convert demos to my dp folder. I know it's kinda noobish, but i just want to see all these demoes people are talking about.

Thanks.

there were so many demos of people wallhacking, and i didn't know how to watch them :D

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2007, 10:12:36 PM »
Oh, god. Mine is probably one of the worst.
is there any way to fix the one where everyone holds the same gun? it's getting annoing  :P and the gun is way below everyones hands...it's still annoing. :P
ANNOING.

EDIT: Oh god, p!ink... you made me look through my old posts. Now I want to die.

y00tz

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2007, 10:39:00 PM »

Cobo

• Autococker
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2007, 11:13:13 PM »
Proudly:
i need to know how to upload a file (like a map) to the post?

SmackWaters

• VM-68
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2007, 01:56:03 AM »
ok, i can make basic maps and stuff, but i have no experience in terrain editing, i was wondering if there is any good way to make terrain, ive heard of rawscape, but have no clue how to use it.  :-\

Oh geez, a lot of my first ones were worse.

IronFist

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2007, 02:00:34 AM »
I thought about dp money... I was thinking a IRC DCC interface, but web would also be nice. Prob is I don't know anything to do that, except to program a mini-http server which I really don't feel like doing. and BTW my main comp just died (thank you femboot, but now I have lost the battle...I'll pay some dorks to diagnose it, I'm really depressed :/ ).

psst - xbain...leet php skillz and whatever ghey mirc scripting you know! ;)

Where's fembot ;_;

b00nlander

• Autococker
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2007, 02:40:00 AM »
alright, i've sent an email to Jitspoe, but have no response yet, so i thought I'd just share that problem with the community:

On some (but only some!) maps, my server will crash upon loading them.
Server crashed:
CMod_LoadBrushModel:
maps/ub_cliff.bsp has wrong version number (41 should be 38)

thats the error message, but i dont get it... wrong version number? it works fine on my own machine, but not on the server it wont !!?!!  any idea what that is and  what i could do?

blaa

• Autococker
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2007, 06:31:52 AM »
Wouldnt it be nice if when u click to Join Team, itll be used as automatical join.

So noobs will not join from 1 team to another so they wouldnt get killed.

In matches - there will always stay binds Wink

XtremeBain

• Developer
  • Autococker
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2007, 07:01:47 AM »
But the thing is, downloading a cheat is much more easier then hacking or getting around NoCheat, and that's the purpose. ANYONE can use a cheat, but only some can get around NoCheat. If we prevent a few players from cheating, it's a start.

<3 MFornal

lekky

• Autococker
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2007, 07:45:43 AM »

Zorchenhimer

• Autococker
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2007, 08:36:39 AM »
im also on a proxied univ. LAN connection and ive been thinking, pball sends a heartbeat to the master severlist at http://dpball.com/serverlist.php. i was wondering if i could change the destination to a network site, instead of pball.com. then have pball simply retrieve the list of active servers, using serverlist_source, and not go through pinging a few hundred IPs for two active servers. would that work?

That wasn't even that long ago...

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2007, 12:17:57 PM »
You don't have to do anything.  Quake2 just uses whatever textures you tell it to. :P

Not really my first post.  Fryth tried out the "delete posts older than 30 days" feature on the forums a while back, so that's the oldest one still around.

bitmate

• Autococker
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2007, 12:34:53 PM »
Quote from: bitmate
type  "menu setup_funname"  at the console
Quite a helpful one... lol.
I noticed I had a completly different IP way back then...

Unfortunately that topic got locked, so I can't give a date.  If anyone cares, it was on June 12 2005 at 15:13:55 ;)

SkateR

• Autococker
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2007, 01:10:46 PM »
Please post the screen shot I would appreciate it cause I do not remember calling you a nazi.

That was before my name was changed to SkateR instead of like SkAtEr

ViciouZ

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2007, 01:16:44 PM »
Well, ive been playing for afew months now, and at times i can come very high scoring, usually first. (_sometimes_). SO i thought, "i know, i'll join a clan" so i joined THF. that lived for 2 days then fell to rubble  :o . then i joined pmw, the follow up clan, and recently everyones left and no clan matches and it was all a pile of crap  ???  >:( . so i'm looking for a clan for MODERATELY skilled players that won't fall apart in under 2 weeks and is part of the next season of PBCUP. i live in the UK, and speak VERY poor german. contactable by email and msn on:

nalicowstuff@hotmail.com

or AIM at:

bighugellama

Thnx, ViCiOUS

Ouch.

Looking back on that topic, It's actually pretty funny. And IrOfNeSt, if the offer is still standing, I'd love to join clan _PROPER_.

y00tz

• Autococker
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2007, 01:19:52 PM »
Here's my real first post:  Unfortunately Jitspoe was having troubles with validating emails that week.

Umm. Q3, if done well would lower the framerate, besides Jitspoe has done something great here, this game has gfx equivalent to Q3...pk3's are overrated, bsp's for Q2 are about equal.  Q3 is loaded with hacks too.  Could you get Punkbuster compatible with DP? I think so, but it's still not great.

And umm...Q4 code is out? Haha, not unless you're a reverse engineer.

bitmate

• Autococker
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2007, 03:08:37 PM »
Looking back on that topic, It's actually pretty funny. And IrOfNeSt, if the offer is still standing, I'd love to join clan _PROPER_.
Is that the topic about _PROPER_ 's clan?

ViciouZ

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2007, 09:29:46 AM »
Sure is. Hehe, the joys of n00bdom.

Edgecrusher

• Autococker
« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2007, 03:37:09 PM »
Mine lol post:

˝So, I consider of joining a clan. I need a new challenge and I wanna know prons and cons of joining one. Thnx.˝

Later i locked it because it went off topic on how many members does DeW have...