Author Topic: An unfair call?  (Read 3778 times)

play3r1

• VM-68
An unfair call?
« on: July 12, 2007, 05:47:31 PM »
Ok, I was playing in dopjump (you guys should all know what that place is). That map just started and I had to see if kills were on or off. I asked, and got no reply. No one was using gun shots, so I had no way of knowing whether they were on or off. I guess I just had to shoot someone and hope they would forgive me if I shot them at the wrong time.
       Finally, we were at level 3 (the one with the puddle of paint) and since someone was standing still, I shot him. Well, he didn't die, but flew into the puddle of paint. He wasn't too happy about it. I told him I was sorry and had to know whether or not kills were on. He totally disregarded my apologies (notice the s) and that I had told him I wouldn't happen again, he disredarded that too.  He was so mad, his ears certainly weren't open to any apologies that were offered, he immediatly complained to the server admin (who, unfortunately was present). And I said it wouldn't happen again, the guy that was shot said "don't trust him", and the server admin said "oh, it won't happen again" and banned me from that server, not with a temp ban, but a permanent ban.
     Come on, he's good enough that he can get through the first two levels no problem and on first try. The server admin could have warned me and I would definitly get the picture (even though I already did). That wasn't even that bad of an offense, at least I don't think. I think what he did was a MORE-than-harsh call to be banned for that (especially since I apologized and promised it wouldn't happen again). I don't quite think I deserved that ban, do you?

nightryder

• 68 Carbine
Re: An unfair call?
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2007, 05:50:35 PM »
yes

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2007, 05:57:53 PM »
Stay away from jump servers, perhaps? Though that's not the most fair thing ever, it's their server, they can do what they want on it. Including ban you.

And it's a jump server, so magalhaes is pretty much right.

Apocalypse

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2007, 06:00:12 PM »
What server DeW is the only pub I've ever seen on dopjump.
Really who cares go somewhere else.

Cobo

• Autococker
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2007, 06:22:35 PM »
There's only ne thing to do...
Start spreading the rumor that he plays on your computer with hacks while you mown the lawn.

KnacK

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2007, 07:01:32 PM »
There's only ne thing to do...
Start spreading the rumor that he plays on your computer with hacks while you mown the lawn.

rgr that

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2007, 08:15:52 PM »
These kinds of things wouldn't happen if people just played the jump mod instead of trying to turn paintball2 into one.

P!nk

• Autococker
_
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2007, 08:18:55 PM »
Post removed
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 02:13:22 AM by P!nk »

play3r1

• VM-68
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2007, 09:45:35 PM »
Have you tried contacting the admin? He/she might of just been in a bad mood at the time. And that same guy you shot into the paint could of been shot by others a lot before, which is why he wouldn't accept your apology.

Ok, I'm pretty sure both the guy that got shot and the admin are both pure evil. Why else whould they both demand I be kicked, even though I said it wouldn't happen again amd apologized? And, I'm sure he hadn't been shotten much, it was only like 2 minutes into the game, and all the noobs that shoot others to tick them off can never get past level one.

These kinds of things wouldn't happen if people just played the jump mod instead of trying to turn paintball2 into one.

Um, I think dp is great as a jump mod, and is (or so I heard in rumors) a much better jump mod than quake. And quake is a retail game costs money. And that demo you gave me the link to doesn't agree with my pc and won't work.

P!nk

• Autococker
_
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2007, 10:12:13 PM »
Post removed
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 02:13:16 AM by P!nk »

Cobo

• Autococker
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2007, 10:15:59 PM »
Um, I think dp is great as a jump mod
DP IS NOT A JUMP MOD!!!!

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2007, 11:05:57 PM »
DP IS NOT A JUMP MOD!!!!

Cobo

• Autococker
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2007, 11:37:57 PM »
DP IS NOT A JUMP MOD!!!!
DP IS NOT A JUMP MOD!!!!

Quoted to emphasize.

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2007, 12:22:15 AM »
DP IS NOT A JUMP MOD!!!!
DP IS NOT A JUMP MOD!!!!

Quoted to emphasize.

Do you realize that I just quadrupled the emphasis of our original statements? Those words could become so emphasized that no mortal could ignore them. Go!

Cobo

• Autococker
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2007, 08:46:47 AM »
DP IS NOT A JUMP MOD!!!!
DP IS NOT A JUMP MOD!!!!

Quoted to emphasize.

Do you realize that I just quadrupled the emphasis of our original statements? Those words could become so emphasized that no mortal could ignore them. Go!
I lost count of emphasis!!!

Gold_Leader

• VM-68
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2007, 08:03:50 PM »
You deserved to be banned.  If it's on a jump obviously from the name of the map you should shoot.  You should just jump.  Curiosity killed the cat.

Red Blood98

• VM-68
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2007, 08:59:30 PM »
You allowed to shoot in jump maps...if your not allowed they should take the guns out of them...so he doesn't deserve to be banned.

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2007, 09:03:48 PM »
You allowed to shoot in jump maps...if your not allowed they should take the guns out of them...so he doesn't deserve to be banned.
DP is not a jump mod. So no, 'they' wouldn't take the guns out.

Red Blood98

• VM-68
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2007, 09:32:02 PM »
DP is not a jump mod. So no, 'they' wouldn't take the guns out.
Then he shouldn't be banned for shooting...and the admin should say anytime somebody comes in "don't shoot anybody"

play3r1

• VM-68
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2007, 05:30:38 PM »
Servers can disable paintballs, so when some1 shoots, nothing comes out. But this (think of the worst name you can) didn't, and after excessibe apologizing, I wouldn't think I deserved it. and it only happened once