Author Topic: Community Texture Pack Pre-Release (Ready for Download!)  (Read 19760 times)

y00tz

• Autococker
Re: CTP V1.0 Pre-release (Updated! See post)
« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2007, 12:35:19 AM »
Lookin' pretty smooth there :D I'll pull some out tomorrow, thanks.

UPDATE:  tomorrow, expect some grass/ground textures to be RE-SATURATED as well as a the renaming of metal_g_2 (should be metal_b_2) and metal_g_ 3 is an error because it was 2, but b got renamed, anyway that will be metal_g_2.
Also, I want to re-saturate concrete_b_1, to look like the same color as most blues in game already, and to match the flag and players, as well as concrete_r_1.  This shouldn't affect much, only help. I apologize for the inconveniences.

I didn't realize until today what a treat you guys are in for later, considering that these ones I released look to be the worst of the group. :D

Edit: Cobo, I've always had FPS stuck at 60 until I've used these commands;

cl_maxfps 0
gl_swapinterval 0

It usually shoots it up a good 900...

Cobo

• Autococker
« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2007, 12:46:39 AM »
hah, gl_swapintervals did the trick :D

It only goes up to 250 tho :(

Magical-Tree

• Stingray
« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2007, 08:01:22 AM »
This pack didn't include any .wal files, i thought it was going to?

~MT

y00tz

• Autococker
« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2007, 09:45:12 AM »
This pack didn't include any .wal files, i thought it was going to?

~MT

See the SDK file attached at the bottom of the first post?  That has the WAL files.

And Cobo, theres others too that would help, but with a 5500 I don't see it going much past 300 :-\

Spook

• Autococker
« Reply #24 on: July 19, 2007, 03:09:44 PM »
Thanks y00tz, i got my BSP palletes to look nice :D. I'm going to start the layout of my map with your textures, and hope that when the models are finished you can help me place those in there :P

y00tz

• Autococker
Re: Community Texture Pack Pre-Release (Ready for Download!)
« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2007, 09:38:43 AM »
Updates:

MT - I put .WALs after the SDK to help with future confusion, thanks :D

When Jitspoe comes back, I'll check with him to make sure these other grass textures are suitable for HR4 replacements.

-y00tz

JiGSaW

• Autococker
« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2007, 12:48:02 PM »
So, I just extract them all to textures?  They should have their own folder right, because now there are 3 different textures folders that I have.  hr4 ctp1 and pball.  And it doesn't seem that the hr4 textures are working, or the ctp1

Nitroboy

• VM-68
« Reply #27 on: July 22, 2007, 12:19:55 AM »
¡woot! ¡woot! I see two of my textures, lol. I cant wait until I get back home so I can download it.

Apocalypse

• Autococker
« Reply #28 on: July 22, 2007, 11:15:51 AM »
None of mine are out yet :( by the way I've got most of the layout for my ctp map done.

Kaos

• VM-68
« Reply #29 on: July 22, 2007, 07:02:41 PM »
None of mine are out yet :( by the way I've got most of the layout for my ctp map done.
remeber y00tz said these textures are the worst of the pack that jus mean ur is better then nitroboys textures =p

DaRkNeSS

• Autococker
« Reply #30 on: July 22, 2007, 10:54:39 PM »
y00tz check your messages for Pete's sake.

Apocalypse

• Autococker
« Reply #31 on: July 23, 2007, 09:06:05 AM »
Lol I sent him PM like three four days ago lol.
Thank you Kaos I feel fuzzy and warm inside now lmao.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #32 on: July 25, 2007, 09:26:58 PM »
A couple things I've noticed looking through the textures:

- The mirroring I see in several textures (several wood, in particular) looks bad.  Feels like I'm looking at a kaleidoscope.  Filter|Offset is your friend when it comes to tiling textures.
- Wood planks should line up perfectly with the edges of the texture.  That way grid aligned brushes will have aligned textures, too.  Also, if the planks are evenly spaced, they should be lined up as some multiple of 2, like every 8 units or something (that'd be a little under 1 foot)
- Dirt b1 and b2 are a bit too similar for my tastes.  You should focus on making a few unique, good looking texture rather than a bunch of textures that are almost the same.  You'll kick yourself later if you ever go back to touch up textures or make higher quality replacements.  I know this because I did it. :P

Haven't had time to look at all of them yet.

ashkenaz

• VM-68
« Reply #33 on: August 02, 2007, 09:58:42 AM »
i needed this thanks ihope it works..

DrRickDaglessMD

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #34 on: August 03, 2007, 11:44:33 AM »
ok,

Me and Reed have been working a nice new map using the CTP1 pack, which we hope will be ready to show you very soon. However, we are in disagreement about the ctp1_ naming convention you implore us to use. Reed says its pointless as the only people who will know what it means will already have the pack, and those who don't wont realise it means an hour of downloading textures if it comes up on rotation or vote, etc... He also says that if anything it will hurt the maps popularity as it will be more difficult to remember the map name. Personally, I think he has very valid points, however you are quite explicit in saying we have to use the prefix if we use the textures.

So, can anyone explain to us why its a good idea and why Reed is wrong?

- Dr Rick Dagless M.D

y00tz

• Autococker
« Reply #35 on: August 03, 2007, 11:50:18 AM »
Heh, I think I'll ditch the prefix in the next release, and hopefully soon we'll have faster downloading so people can get the necessary textures very quickly.

I think in the mean time people should include a subset (i.e. directory and used files) of the textures they have in their map, so that users cna download a zip of the map, and the few CTP textures they'll need.

I'd like to see some screenshots of your map, if it's alright with you, Doctor.

DrRickDaglessMD

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #36 on: August 03, 2007, 11:59:51 AM »
I can do you one better, all being well we should be able to post a beta of it in the mapping section later on today. Just working out the kinks and final details really at the moment.

- Rick

Edit: Sorry, it came a little later than I had expected, but you can have a gander at the map here.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2007, 11:21:04 AM by DrRickDaglessMD »

y00tz

• Autococker
« Reply #37 on: August 05, 2007, 03:24:12 PM »
Looks fantastic Dagless, thanks for the post.

coLa

• Autococker
« Reply #38 on: August 05, 2007, 07:56:25 PM »
ok maybe i didnt install it right but i dont see a difference. i already have fourthxs hr4 textures so what do i do? i installed to the directory you specified but no dice.

KiLo

• Autococker
« Reply #39 on: August 05, 2007, 08:00:12 PM »
ok maybe i didnt install it right but i dont see a difference. i already have fourthxs hr4 textures so what do i do? i installed to the directory you specified but no dice.

There really isn't a difference yet since maps using the ctp1 textures have not been made or released with the exception of the new map Kung Fu.