Author Topic: Making A Server  (Read 5725 times)

Krewzer_

Re: Making A Server
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2007, 06:39:20 PM »
it's probably just something simple which is not being done quite right.

Make sure you've got your config saved in /pball/configs and that you're typing in the right name of it, or just keep it set to server.cfg

Edit: Look to see if any other settings are being changed, my guess would be no.

Red Blood98

• VM-68
« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2007, 07:02:20 PM »
it's probably just something simple which is not being done quite right.

Make sure you've got your config saved in /pball/configs and that you're typing in the right name of it, or just keep it set to server.cfg

Edit: Look to see if any other settings are being changed, my guess would be no.
I posted all my config...it has a password at the bottom but I'm not giving it out...other than that I dunno whats wrong.

Krewzer_

« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2007, 07:38:02 PM »
I don't think the problem is what's in your cfg. I think the problem is how you're trying to load it, I was trying to get you to reload it while the server was running, that's why I asked you to type: exec server.cfg in the console.  No one cares what your password is... it doesn't have to have a password to execute the config.

Red Blood98

• VM-68
« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2007, 10:34:47 AM »
I don't think the problem is what's in your cfg. I think the problem is how you're trying to load it, I was trying to get you to reload it while the server was running, that's why I asked you to type: exec server.cfg in the console.  No one cares what your password is... it doesn't have to have a password to execute the config.
I did try to reload it...it just said it was an unknown command.

Fullmetal_Steeb

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #24 on: July 19, 2007, 06:17:11 PM »
No I don't wait for a server expert to post there might be something I'm missing but unless you want to make it so people have to type connect <yuorip> you might want to make it so it shows on the list.

maybe you would be better able to help him if you used punctuation... you dont wait for a server expert to post? it only makes sense to me, bcuz my sister used to write like that...

Most likely, he (Redblood) can't get anyone to connect because he has a router. I tried to help, but he refuses, or isn't allowed to look to see if he has one... and he doesn't know how to do it over the computer. Good luck helping him, all.

Red Blood98

• VM-68
« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2007, 07:37:37 PM »
No I don't wait for a server expert to post there might be something I'm missing but unless you want to make it so people have to type connect <yuorip> you might want to make it so it shows on the list.

maybe you would be better able to help him if you used punctuation... you dont wait for a server expert to post? it only makes sense to me, bcuz my sister used to write like that...

Most likely, he (Redblood) can't get anyone to connect because he has a router. I tried to help, but he refuses, or isn't allowed to look to see if he has one... and he doesn't know how to do it over the computer. Good luck helping him, all.
You should know my family Steve(Fullmetal)...well at least my brother......my mom and brother flipped out on me when I looked at my dsl box becasue once the mouse was messing up and I unplugged it from the comp and put it back in...but i hit the cable that connected my dsl box and my computer and it knocked the box off and now the "pc" light won't light up.

Krewzer_

« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2007, 12:59:11 AM »
  if it says that it's an unknown command then you're typing the exec command in the wrong place.  Are you typing it in the "black box"?
  As far as your router goes... I thought this problem was about your servers name.

Apocalypse

• Autococker
« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2007, 10:09:39 AM »

Lol sorry I was tired......

Red Blood98

• VM-68
« Reply #28 on: July 20, 2007, 05:30:03 PM »
  if it says that it's an unknown command then you're typing the exec command in the wrong place.  Are you typing it in the "black box"?
  As far as your router goes... I thought this problem was about your servers name.
Well it is...but then when I did what you told me to my server went away.

Fullmetal_Steeb

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #29 on: July 20, 2007, 09:22:42 PM »

you just did it again... XD

Apocalypse

• Autococker
« Reply #30 on: July 21, 2007, 09:28:43 AM »
No, I didn't that was perfect grammar.

Fullmetal_Steeb

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #31 on: July 22, 2007, 02:04:58 PM »
...your kidding... right? XD

Also, you just did it AGAIN XD XD XD. You wrote two sentences and didn't put no marx between em. lol.

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #32 on: July 22, 2007, 02:14:19 PM »
There should have at least been a semicolon there.

Fullmetal_Steeb

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #33 on: July 22, 2007, 05:48:41 PM »
There should have at least been a semicolon there.
At least eiii knows english...

Apocalypse

• Autococker
« Reply #34 on: July 23, 2007, 09:13:50 AM »

Also, you just did it AGAIN XD XD XD. You wrote two sentences and didn't put no marx between em. lol.
It least I don't spell marks marx or them em.
Plus I almost forgot, I don't put capitals in the middle of a sentence.
And if you really want to be that specific XD is not a word and neither is lol.

Red Blood98

• VM-68
« Reply #35 on: July 23, 2007, 09:46:46 AM »

You can't end sentences with ...... either,
becuase when you do you might be making people think your going to type something else.

Apocalypse

• Autococker
« Reply #36 on: July 23, 2007, 10:05:38 AM »

You can't end sentences with ...... either,
becuase when you do you might be making people think your going to type something else.
I never did.

Red Blood98

• VM-68
« Reply #37 on: July 23, 2007, 10:11:23 AM »

right there.

Apocalypse

• Autococker
« Reply #38 on: July 23, 2007, 10:16:40 AM »
Oh woops I thought you were saying don't end with either lol and I guess you're kind of right there but I've seen them do that in books all the time.

Fullmetal_Steeb

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #39 on: July 23, 2007, 02:48:25 PM »

when i said "marx" and "em" it was kind of making fun of you, like I was speaking so you would understand it. The capitalization in the middle of the sentence was for emphasis on that word, and XD is an emoticon.