Author Topic: In the eyes of many vets, please, take a step back on Saturday, July 21st, 2007.  (Read 14340 times)

Xile

• VM-68
As Do I :)
I dont expect people to spend their life in there dont worry :)

MuFFDiVeR

• PGP
Xile whats up old friend,
I support what u are doing and will back u up 100%,
My team and I (StaRz) are more then willing to help out with any sagestions or recommendations.
Happy to see someone put his foot down.
Looking forwards to bring the roots of DP back from the development days, when the community was extremely tight with eachother and didn't have to worrier about being be- little by  a team or player!
Hope fully in turn, this change in attitude will bring back some of the original names we don't see anymore from the community.

Peace bro
DP Love ;)

SuperMAn

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
Its nice to see people trying to do this, but I don't think you will get far.  The vets have to step up and set an example.  Honestly most of them are too stubborn to change.  Do you really think anyone in 20id will go for this?  They will probably just laugh at you and call you a stupid newbie. 

With all the new training teams coming out, maybe the people teaching should try teaching some class.

m7feettall

• Autococker
We had a not bad turnout this morning.. about 20 people were in there. Down to about 9 people now with alot of people joining then leaving.

Slowly but surely. The only people that have really showed is people who visit the forums. So well think of a few ways to expand to get more support I think.

Global announcements on IRC would help.

XtremeBain

• Developer
  • Autococker
Its nice to see people trying to do this, but I don't think you will get far.  The vets have to step up and set an example.  Honestly most of them are too stubborn to change.  Do you really think anyone in 20id will go for this?  They will probably just laugh at you and call you a stupid newbie.

You'd probably be suprised that many of our members are quite supportive of the ideas brought up in this discussion, and have been in favor of something like this for a number of years now.  Try not to let the attitudes of 1 or 2 of our members discount our entire team. :-\

m7feettall

• Autococker
I mentioned something similar in the irc channel, but here is a question for thought.

Is the main change hoped for going to stem from internal change among the individual members? I think this would be best if possible, but it also calls for a huge information campaign and some persuasion through reasoning and appealing to goodwill.

On the other hand, a combination of this and some minimal imposed rules would spread far faster and be noticeable immediately. It wouldn't wait for internal change on everyone's part as that is unlikely. In this scenario you would need to get the server admins on your side and have them inact some sensible rules on flames in the servers.

Upspoon

• PGP
Bless Jits <3
Bless X

Long Live True DP!

<3

Xile

• VM-68
There is a survey up now to all those who do not know.

For those for it AND against it.

http://www.freewebs.com/definedp/survey.htm

P!nk

• Autococker
_
« Reply #28 on: July 20, 2007, 04:50:09 PM »
Post removed
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 02:11:56 AM by P!nk »

Dirty_Taco

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
_
« Reply #29 on: July 20, 2007, 07:52:13 PM »
Post removed
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 12:11:09 AM by Dirty_Taco »

SuperMAn

• Committee Member
  • Autococker

You'd probably be suprised that many of our members are quite supportive of the ideas brought up in this discussion, and have been in favor of something like this for a number of years now.  Try not to let the attitudes of 1 or 2 of our members discount our entire team. :-\
[/quote]

1 or 2 of your members?  Bain you are the only active one in 20id that isn't completely full of himself / an excretory opening.

Edgecrusher

• Autococker
No need to turn this post into accusation who is more fair and willing to do something about it then the other. You should rather influence on your team members, talk to them, because the change can start from the clan itself and only then can spread further.

Xile

• VM-68
I suggest anyone who doesnt support it to do the survey also. Or your voice will not be heard.

skitzo

• Autococker
just got back from camp but added #definedp to my autojoin list be in there wenever im on

great idea xile

§KîTZØ

Corporal Perez

• Stingray
Did that survey!!!! Woot.

Apocalypse

• Autococker
I put this on that server but here it is again
Yes, our community does nothing for any new players and just refuse to help each other out anymore.
Even though I was only here for a few months (6) back 2.5 years ago it was different if I made a mistake in a game
 people would give me support when I didn't know how to change my name I got honest support now if newbies ask this
 question all they receive is a laugh and are told to type impulse 101. When I asked how to double jump they taught
 me someone even took mr for a little 1v1 lesson now if newbiies ask this this is the response they get.....
"lol NOOB!"
I personally think there was 4 eras of paintball that I have seen era1: The years of helpfulness: My favourite
 aswell as my first this era was full of what you mentioned in your post except a bit less everyone was helping
 each other and no insults were being throne. era2:The age of jumps: A vey short one that I think scarred the
 dp community all you could ever find were jump maps I bairly played in this era because it was so bad none even
 spoke to each other except to call eachother noobs. era3:the era of speed servers: another short one and yes I
 know there is still a speed server but in this era it was all that was ever played this was another short but deep
 scar in dp and its community.
era4:the current era the era of abuse and mass server poulation:This era is the worst yet the state of the dp
 community has been worsening.
All that you see in this era is abuse except for a few select places and people.
The public play is going down the drain and leaving the clan scene to a small dieing corner of the game.
Nothing in this era is how it used to be anymore all you ever see is abuse this era is definitely the worst yet
 and will leave a horrible scar.
Thanks for reading this,
Apocalypse
I've applied for it already and by the way you rule Xile and Jits!!!!!

Holo

• VM-68
Dont Whine!                 #define(dp)

W007.   Was bored.

SkateR

• Autococker
* You were kicked from #definedp by KnacK (KnacK)
-
* You were kicked from #definedp by KnacK (KnacK)
-
#definedp unable to join channel (address is banned)

For nothing. I was idling that channel for like 4 days straight with no problem, and then knack banned me. Looks like someone is a little upset.

Cobo

• Autococker
Well, here's the full thing.

(9:28:53 PM) <XtremeBain> !uset autojoin 1
(9:29:00 PM) * Parts: |DFDP|QueeNiE (lil_jc_kid@leet.biscuits)
(9:29:00 PM) * Joins: |DFDP|QueeNiE (lil_jc_kid@leet.biscuits)
(9:29:31 PM) <skater> bain showing his support
(9:29:33 PM) <skater> how cure
(9:30:35 PM) <skater> Cute.
(9:31:46 PM) * skater was kicked by KnacK (KnacK)
(9:31:46 PM) * Joins: skater (skater454@digital.paintball.pub.champion)
(9:31:48 PM) * KnacK sets mode: +b *!*skater454@*.paintball.pub.champion
(9:31:55 PM) * skater was kicked by KnacK (KnacK)

I dont see anything wrong either, though. :-\

Eiii

• Autococker
I'm pretty sure you've had it coming since this.