Author Topic: server menu  (Read 1741 times)

Krewzer_

server menu
« on: July 20, 2007, 01:09:02 AM »
This must have been discussed before...

BAD: Serverlist size
I'd like to see the in-game serverlist wider. All the server info isn't shown, not even close. Possibly a resolution problem but still should show more. :)

Cobo

• Autococker
Re: server menu
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2007, 09:24:37 AM »
I think thats changeable trough the menu files.

Zorchenhimer

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2007, 04:48:29 PM »
Are you using my menus, or the default one? I can't remember exactly, but I think I widened it.

Krewzer_

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2007, 11:11:57 PM »
I'm talking about the one which comes with version 19 release.  Since you need to login from the menu (probably alternate ways I suppose) why not make the server menu readable? Ok, it's readable, just not informative enough, imo.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2007, 05:55:34 PM »
Vote for it. :)

I think what really needs to happen is have a new font system implemented with variable length letters and different font sizes, so more data can fit in the same space.  In the meantime, you can always use the standalone server browser.

Krewzer

• Stingray
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2007, 08:29:52 PM »
What standalone server browser?  I used AllSeeingEye for years, I know of gamespy, are you talking about one of these?  I started using the in-game server menu because I was using the global login. Why leave just to find a server?  I'm sure it's not hard to include a command to login to global login, but I don't choose to spend the time figuring it out at the moment. :)
As far as voting for it... I just wanted to point out that it lacks showing alot of available information. Player lists of who's on the servers would be cool too.

KiLo

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2007, 08:37:29 PM »
The standalone serverbrowser that is in your Paintball2 folder.

Krewzer

• Stingray
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2007, 08:43:05 PM »
Wow, ain't that just the trick! How long has that been included? :)
Thx Kilo

KiLo

• Autococker
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2007, 08:44:27 PM »
No problem. I think it has been in there since like build 16, maybe.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2007, 02:10:27 PM »
You can just check the remember password and autologin options to log in when you start the game (or connect to a server from an external browser).

As for voting, well, that's how we do things around here now.  I don't have time to fix/tweak/add everything people suggest, so I need to set priorities.  Priorities are a democratic process. :)