Author Topic: Trainee Clans  (Read 4130 times)

y00tz

• Autococker
Trainee Clans
« on: July 20, 2007, 01:53:20 PM »
If this trainee clan thing pans out, we're going to have a load of [clan]'s and [clan-t]'s.

Would it be worthwhile to change the global login clan format, to include support for trainee clans?  i.e. allowing clans to register a clan tag, then their trainee/b team tag?

In the event that someone starts a clan called x, and another call x-treme, (x, and x-t tags respectively) what happens if x wants to start a trainee clan?  Out of luck?

Finally, who manages the trainee teams?  Is it a trainee leader why not keep the same leadership of the parent clan,  by simply adding a second team to their line up.

If it didn't make sense, maybe I can explain it better.

current format:
clan name:
lolrandomclan
clan tag:
lol
leaders:
adj
akjf
kjwef
members:
kjekwlejr

possible format?
clan name:
lolrandomclan
a team clan tag:
lol
leaders:
adj
akjf
kjwef
members:
kjekwlejr

b-team clan tag: lol-t
members:
kjer
kjwe

-y00tz

magalhaes

• Autococker
Re: Trainee Clans
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2007, 02:06:48 PM »
This is a bit off-topic but the B squads are being done wrong in my opinion.
It was supposed to bring more players to irc and teach them the basics of the matching scene, but instead all the clans are doing is recruit to their B squad guys that already are everyday in irc...lots of smaller but stable and with an irc presence clans are breaking up because the players are joining some bigger clans B squads.
I think it wasn't the purpose of this b squad thing.

on-topic, yeah jits should probably do that.

b00nlander

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2007, 03:04:21 PM »
This is a bit off-topic but the B squads are being done wrong in my opinion.
It was supposed to bring more players to irc and teach them the basics of the matching scene, but instead all the clans are doing is recruit to their B squad guys that already are everyday in irc...lots of smaller but stable and with an irc presence clans are breaking up because the players are joining some bigger clans B squads.
I think it wasn't the purpose of this b squad thing.

agreed. and that's what MeMi is currently trying to build.  will take a while, and some dedication of the members, but I hope it will eventually work out right.

On Topic:
as of now, I am leader of -)MeMi(- and -)MeJu(-, and I got that by a simple manipulation of the database by jitspoe.  to avoid the troubles you have mentioned, it's probably not bad to keep it this way.
we're currently still in the recruitment process and have not been able to see most of the players a lot, which results in no distinct leadership of the MeMi Juniors (MeJu), so I still have that position. It is planned that one (the one with best personal qualities) eventually takes leadership of MeJu. But as we will continue to work together closely, that won't be an important position (maybe the position from which you can go up to the main team the easiest :P).

Apocalypse

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2007, 10:15:20 AM »
I like the idea y00tz that would help the crowdedness also I'm going to make a vote for it on the 2007 feature vote.

Xena

• VM-68
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2007, 08:54:16 PM »
i'd say get rid of trainee clans and problem's solved... unless you have servers only for trainees to play... lol

i think the point of the trainee clans are pointless, if you're not good enough to join, you're not good enough to join.

unless there's a "minor league" paintball i dont know about...

FlaMe

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2007, 09:00:29 PM »
Nahh i like the trainee clan idea... while i feel some clans shouldn't be allowed to run them cough sin cough,

but I learned a lot of skill and stuff from aB-t and now I'm in aB.
Theyre a great idea to help the newer players get experience in the high-skill match scenes and IRC

magalhaes

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2007, 05:20:19 AM »
Trainee clans is an awesome idea...it's just being done wrong.

SmackWaters

• VM-68
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2007, 02:51:29 AM »
I like trainee clans, it might help newbies (like me) get into some of the better clans. Maybe only clans with over, say, 10 members could be allowed a trainee clan?

lekky

• Autococker
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2007, 05:23:36 AM »
Training clans should be done by Jitspoe I think. There are only a handful of clans who can handle a training clan so this way Jitspoe can handle it directly (even though it means more work for him, sorry)

magalhaes

• Autococker
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2007, 05:45:11 AM »
There are only a handful of clans who can handle a training clan
..And this clans are doing it wrong...

Apocalypse

• Autococker
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2007, 09:41:22 AM »
I like trainee clans, it might help newbies (like me) get into some of the better clans. Maybe only clans with over, say, 10 members could be allowed a trainee clan?
One thing about this ch1ll has 4 members registered but I think they could handle it still. Also does this mean that DB with 201 members can have a trainee I think lekky is right about this one.

DaRkNeSS

• Autococker
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2007, 11:23:24 AM »
Great idea y00tz.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2007, 11:25:42 PM »
magalhaes: You keep saying they're being done wrong.  What's the right way to do them?

magalhaes

• Autococker
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2007, 04:37:28 AM »
The b squad are supposed to bring more "newbie" players to irc and to the claning scene.
Instead of that, the b squads are recruiting players from smaller but already decent and with an IRC presence clans.
So we are going to have less clans and the same number of people on IRC.
This is not helping the game in any way.

EDIT: instead of reading this you could just read my first post...same thing :P

DaRkNeSS

• Autococker
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2007, 01:14:51 PM »
We are trying to get the newbier members in the clan community better, so that eventually we will have a more competitive clan scene.

Maybe you should join a training clan, then someday you might actually be a challenge magalhaes.

magalhaes

• Autococker
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2007, 02:19:25 PM »
hm seems i will have to post my point for the 3rd time cause darkness...you obviously didnt get it.

We are trying to get the newbier members in the clan community better, so that eventually we will have a more competitive clan scene.
I agree ok just read my post. I think this is what should be done...it is NOT being done though. again read my 2 posts.

Maybe you should join a training clan, then someday you might actually be a challenge magalhaes.
...not needed if, again, you had just read my 2 posts.

Actually, I'm not going to explain it again. Read my 2 posts.

p.s. Read my 2 posts.

One more thing...when did i ever play with you?
And i answer. Never. So what did you mean with that "your not a challenge"?

Oh almost forgot...read the posts and make sure you understand them before posting (specially if it is to post in an aggressive way).

lekky

• Autococker
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2007, 02:31:32 PM »
There are two methods. Take those already in irc, low skilled players(relatively) and help them improve. And two, take players from pub and show them the clan scene and teach them match play. We would love #2, and I think thats what we should be aiming for. #1 has proven effective I must point out.

magalhaes

• Autococker
« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2007, 02:44:54 PM »
I'm sorry but I dont agree with that first method.
We want clans from all levels of skill.
We want more players on IRC.
We don't want clans closing their doors and their players joining some b squad that end up being same as a squad.
That way we have less clans and same amount of people on IRC.
The clan members should go recruit in pubs and take the time to teach them from the basics.
Dont take the easier way: recruit already decent players so you dont have to do much, just tell them about some tactics and they are good to go.

lekky

• Autococker
« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2007, 03:51:53 PM »
Like I said, thats what we should be aiming for. But ask those players who have joined a b squad if it has helped them, the answer is usually a yes. The root of the problem is still getting people to irc.

magalhaes

• Autococker
« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2007, 04:31:33 PM »
But ask those players who have joined a b squad if it has helped them, the answer is usually a yes.
Not all though ;)
And has it helped the game? :)