Author Topic: 3 team siege?  (Read 8201 times)

y00tz

• Autococker
Re: 3 team siege?
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2007, 01:22:43 PM »
He's still correct Red Blood98, people are used to what we have, despite two new game modes recently added (KotH, Pong), play is still almost always geared toward CTF

Red Blood98

• VM-68
« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2007, 01:23:56 PM »
I don't think you got my point.
Development time should be better spent in usefull stuff like faster in game downloads and not in something that only one map would use.
Maybe if people play it on one map and they like it...they would encourage the idea to make it an all map idea.

Cobo

• Autococker
« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2007, 01:25:26 PM »
How many 2 team traditional siege maps do you know?
I think that pretty much wraps it up.

It would be like adding 5 team ctf.

Red Blood98

• VM-68
« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2007, 01:27:34 PM »
How many 2 team traditional siege maps do you know?
I think that pretty much wraps it up.

It would be like adding 5 team ctf.
5 team ctf would be a challenge..just like 3-team seige...you must not be gettign the point of it..you would have 2 teams attack that were able to attack eachother...1 defending...so in the end it would end up being close to a normal siege map.

Cobo

• Autococker
« Reply #24 on: July 24, 2007, 01:29:37 PM »
XD I dont think you are getting it.

I understand the concept of the 3 team siege.

It's just NOT worth adding.

Red Blood98

• VM-68
« Reply #25 on: July 24, 2007, 01:31:17 PM »
XD I dont think you are getting it.

I understand the concept of the 3 team siege.

It's just NOT worth adding.
To you....it might be worth adding to more people....plus you've enver played something like that so you have no idea if its worth adding or not.

Cobo

• Autococker
« Reply #26 on: July 24, 2007, 01:32:59 PM »
My opinion is based on logic.
If there are barely any 2 team siege maps. Obviously there will be less 3 team siege maps.
Do you think thats worth making?

Red Blood98

• VM-68
« Reply #27 on: July 24, 2007, 01:34:11 PM »
My opinion is based on logic.
If there are barely any 2 team siege maps. Obviously there will be less 3 team siege maps.
Do you think thats worth making?

A lot of maps can play siege..most people like to play propaint...but anytime there is a siege theres around 15 people in it.

Fullmetal_Steeb

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #28 on: July 24, 2007, 02:24:05 PM »
no, not alot of maps can play siege. in fact, ive only seen two. (siegecastle, and the graveyard one), but if  the siege part of DP could get bigger, and you could ask some of the veteran map makers to get in on siege maps more, then maybe later (like in a year or so) when siege was widely enough played, you could make the 3-siege idea come to life. I'm not saying it should be done right now, or even in the next few builds of DP, but if it could eventually be done, I'm sure if people tried it they would like it.

Also, pong/soccer was a huge waste of time for this game.. maybe the Halo community would have liked it.

Red Blood98

• VM-68
« Reply #29 on: July 24, 2007, 02:29:59 PM »
no, not a lot of maps can play siege. in fact, I've only seen two. (siegecastle, and the graveyard one), but if the siege part of DP could get bigger, and you could ask some of the veteran map makers to get in on siege maps more, then maybe later (like in a year or so) when siege was widely enough played, you could make the 3-siege idea come to life. I'm not saying it should be done right now, or even in the next few builds of DP, but if it could eventually be done, I'm sure if people tried it they would like it.
Thats what I was tring to get at...but I'm not good with the conjointment of words together as you are.

Cobo

• Autococker
« Reply #30 on: July 24, 2007, 02:47:52 PM »
no, not alot of maps can play siege. in fact, ive only seen two. (siegecastle, and the graveyard one), but if  the siege part of DP could get bigger, and you could ask some of the veteran map makers to get in on siege maps more, then maybe later (like in a year or so) when siege was widely enough played, you could make the 3-siege idea come to life. I'm not saying it should be done right now, or even in the next few builds of DP, but if it could eventually be done, I'm sure if people tried it they would like it.

Also, pong/soccer was a huge waste of time for this game.. maybe the Halo community would have liked it.

So how many veteran mappers that would be willing to make a map for you do you know?
3, maybe 4?
Think about it. There are barely any siege maps, adding more game mode clones, or however you wanna call it, wont make the people make more maps for it, maybe one, or 2. But not a number worth of development time :-\

You cant teach an old dog new tricks.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #31 on: July 24, 2007, 02:55:26 PM »
This was discussed before.  The game code was, in theory, supposed to support up to 3 teams in siege mode, but it was never tested until recently, and (surprise) it didn't work.  If you wish for this feature to be added (or fixed), the place to request it is in the 2007 feature request thread.

And for the record, pong is a lot of fun. ;D

Cobo

• Autococker
« Reply #32 on: July 24, 2007, 02:57:55 PM »
I've only played pong with bots in arenaball and the maps I made :(

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #33 on: July 24, 2007, 03:14:26 PM »
Pong is craaaaazy. We need to do railpgp pong on arenaball at some point.

Fullmetal_Steeb

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #34 on: July 24, 2007, 03:55:01 PM »

When i said that the Halo community would like it, it was a reference to a level in Halo 2 where you can get a Banshee and fly to a remote area and theres a giant soccer ball sitting there, and you can play with it, not unlike how you play pong on DP. I didn't mean I don't like it, but it's never really played...

Zorchenhimer

• Autococker
« Reply #35 on: July 24, 2007, 09:52:44 PM »

Haha, I can still remember when I beat {appy Hamper on a soccer map (forget the name, soccer_pimp1 maybe), using my mouse pad on my laptop. Wow, that was a while ago.

Fullmetal_Steeb

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #36 on: July 24, 2007, 11:14:41 PM »
lol, the best i ever did with a laptop was a 4 kill streak on Shazam33.. why did this topic turn into a pong discussion...

KnacK

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #37 on: July 25, 2007, 08:23:06 AM »
railpgp Pong FTW!!!

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #38 on: July 25, 2007, 12:55:20 PM »
I know knack's capable of setting up a server. :D

Cobo

• Autococker
« Reply #39 on: July 25, 2007, 03:00:10 PM »
lol, I cant imagine how that would be.
If you do it you guys better tell me before so I can go! :)