Author Topic: The Best Scripts, Alias', and Binds you have  (Read 5586 times)

Corporal Perez

• Stingray
Re: The Best Scripts, Alias', and Binds you have
« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2007, 01:13:03 PM »
Whats ms?

SuGaR

« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2007, 01:52:44 PM »
only if you use that script zorch posted

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2007, 03:50:14 PM »
Here are my hand-changing binds/aliases.
Code: [Select]
bind ' HandLefton
bind . HandRighton

alias HandLefton "bind ' HandLeftoff; bind . HandRighton; hand 1; bind mouse1 +attack; echo; echo ==LEFT HAND==; echo"
alias HandLeftoff "bind ' HandLefton; bind . HandRighton; hand 3; bind mouse1 +_attackm; echo; echo ==CENTER HAND==; echo"
alias HandRighton "bind ' HandLefton; bind . HandRightoff; hand 3; bind mouse1 +attack; echo; echo ==RIGHT HAND==; echo"
alias HandRightoff "bind ' HandLefton; bind . HandRighton; hand 3; bind mouse1 +_attackm; echo; echo ==CENTER HAND==; echo"

Replace ' and . with whatever keys suit your needs.

EDIT: Oh, and +_attackm is my script to automatically set hand to 2 while firing, but have it at 3 otherwise.

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2007, 09:04:39 PM »
Nice work folks,

To the outside person (casual experienced FPS player) these scripts are allowing an unknown (and seemingly unfair) movement to be used against them.

Think of it like a pitching off the mound to the left or right (of the mound) but yet appear as though the pitcher is on the mound. Another example is Tennis and where you can angle shot from. Imagine being able to angle or get to shots that normally be physically impossible by the rules and your perception of the allowed physics involved.

So how does a player come to perceive physical limitations? The GUI settings are the universal parameters that all players learn from and are judged from.

Also interesting is the use of player side colors for balls and skins. These have no real effect other than a visual aid for those visually impaired. As a matter of principal, when compairing binding player movement scripts outside the GUI and coloring your balls. There is no debate on which has a greater advantage.

Blitz, about my quasi-level playing field, yes that was true. Do you subscribe to an unlovely playing field or do you perfer true competition? (According to Bain no one in your clan uses these scripts shown in this post) What say you, other than the typical "i cant read loial's words" ? Remember this is a puzzler not a poster. So enjoy it.

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #24 on: August 04, 2007, 11:32:05 PM »
If players just sit there saying 'omgwtfhax' when an opponent switches hands on them, they apparently don't really want to learn how to do it. There's a big website button when you start up the game. It's not hard to click on it, move to the forums and ask a question.

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #25 on: August 05, 2007, 02:14:36 AM »
Does that web site button say.

"TO REALLY LEARN THE GAME DONT USE THIS MENU ABOVE. CLICK HERE TO LEARN!"

or

"TO UNDERSTAND HOW TO OVERCOME THE LIMITATIONS OF THIS GUI CLICK HERE!"

or

"WONDER WHY YOU ARE LOSING? CLICK HERE!"

or

"WANT TO LEARN HOW YOUR SHOTS DONT REALLY COUNT? CICK HERE"

I digress. Its not that hard to learn, i agree.

If you know what is happening to you is avoidable and consider ethical.

In most other software the GUI is the primary sorce for learning or 'ON the JOB TRAINING'if you will.

Imagine this companies hand book for OJT (which you are graded on) is being manipulated by others and only for their sole benefit. On top of which they refuse to clue others in on the manipulation. (prime example poor GUI)

You should think like this sir, regarding new players being trounced and quitting.... "WHERE IS THE GUI INTERFACE THAT ALLOWS THIS ACTION!" Not "OMG HAXORS!!!" Poor example my farm friend.

If we cared about new players and the player base growing we would eliminated all player console commands not available in the GUI.

Again this is unethical, avoidable and I protest its use, in the name of fairness to new (experienced FPS) players.

Blitz

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #26 on: August 07, 2007, 09:19:42 AM »
I have always found hand switching to be more of a distraction than anything. I never switch from center hand, and don't use any zoom or crouch binds (the game is just too fast paced for any of this to be much use, IMO).

Zorchenhimer

• Autococker
« Reply #27 on: August 07, 2007, 09:47:27 AM »
(prime example poor GUI)

You should think like this sir, regarding new players being trounced and quitting.... "WHERE IS THE GUI INTERFACE THAT ALLOWS THIS ACTION!" Not "OMG HAXORS!!!" Poor example my farm friend.

If we cared about new players and the player base growing we would eliminated all player console commands not available in the GUI.

Gimme a break, I'm working on it. :P
Haha.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #28 on: August 07, 2007, 04:09:07 PM »
There's already a GUI option for switching hands.

mouseykid2k7

• PGP
« Reply #29 on: August 12, 2007, 12:28:51 PM »
were do u put these scripts

Apocalypse

• Autococker
« Reply #30 on: August 12, 2007, 06:49:54 PM »
Go to C:\<wherever you saved paintball>\paintball2\pball\configs then go to config.cfg and copy paste them there.