Author Topic: New map: MyLand - OUT NOW  (Read 6597 times)

blaa

• Autococker
Re: New map: MyLand - 2flag per team CTF (beta2)
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2007, 12:08:08 AM »
ftp://otb-server.de/pub/Maps/beta/myland_ctp_b3.bsp

here is beta3, thanks to chef killer

KiLo

• Autococker
« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2007, 12:33:15 AM »
This looks superb senor. I just have one thing that I noticed. In the mid on the left side coming from either direction you can see this. It looks misaligned to me but maybe you did this on purpose.

Apocalypse

• Autococker
« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2007, 07:58:13 AM »
Two small alignment problems I noticed
Not sure if the second one is supposed to be like that or not.

blaa

• Autococker
« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2007, 08:31:12 AM »
Thanks for that KiLo, last time I worked with this map was a month ago or so. I think that misalignment came when I tried to connect low with high but in the end I decided not to connect the routes. Haha, I just saw how your walls look (look far corner on that sshot. They look like they are half size :-s. Grass looks pretty wierd aswell. Others have same probs? I sure didnt mean it to be that way :s.

Thanks for those too apoc. First one is a misalignment yes, but 2nd ss was meant to be that way. Maybe I will even make the "misalignment" bigger so it would be obviously not misalignment :D.

On the darker note:
***STOP: 0x0000007B (0x81E9A950, 0xC0000032, 0x00000000, 0x00000000) INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE

Check for viruses on your computer. Remove any newly installed hard drives on hard drive controllers. Check your hard drive to make sure it is properly configured and terminated. Run CHKDSK /F to check for hard drive corruption, and then restart your computer.

The comp worked fine before this error. I only couldnt compile maps, play games, listen to music, watch films. But I could surf in the internet, chat in msn/irc. Before this error I did not do anything with the box. I checked after this error if all the wires were connected, they seemed to be :-s.

Apocalypse

• Autococker
« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2007, 08:50:12 AM »
That sucks and blaa I have the same size walls but the grass is different looks alot more natural in mine for some reason the walls and the grass I mean.

Edgecrusher

• Autococker
« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2007, 05:16:40 PM »
Yep Blaa, your grass looks like on english football stadiums.

Btw, your map provides so much fun. Me liky :)

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2007, 05:37:20 PM »
Demo of things you might want to revise attached.  I've also uploaded the map to the beta server.  Have I PM'd you the details for that?  I like the dirt + canyon wall look.  The grey stone and grass is too much of a contrast, though.  Looks like two completely different maps put together.

maxpower

• VM-68
« Reply #27 on: August 29, 2007, 05:44:19 PM »
I had close to the same problem, i came home turn my monitor on, and within 30 minutes it just shuts down. when i goto hit the power button it beeps but the leds dont come on or nothing. I dont see how i could fry the psu. 420 w should be enough for mine.

AMD 3000 2.2 ghz
1.5gb of ram
256 geforcefx 5500
DVD ROM

blaa

• Autococker
« Reply #28 on: August 30, 2007, 09:39:53 AM »
Watched the demo jits.

- I believe message is one of the last things to do :p
- Omg, I dont know why all the barrels have gone crazy. I used 1 barrel at start. Probably when I mirrored barrels then the red ones went crazy :(. Same with crates, messed up in mirroring. But I hadnt seen those errors in game. But I will fix those IF I get bored enough.
- Thanks for the bricks rotation tip
- The wooden thingie in the base is now changed.
- I dont know why the torches are so, I copy pasted them from flame_test.map or something. Probably something to do with mirroring again :(. Also, the wood thing under the torch was meant to be temporary, but I guess i forgot to change it. Dont know to what Ill change it yet.
- Those autococker crates which were higher than 64 before are now 64.
- You are right, lit water looks cool and it will remain cool :).
- I added some lights to low. Actually there were 2 lights that wasnt lightning before :D, so I just went from value 6500 to 13500.
- Mmm, what else.. Oh, I changed the cliff texture in high.
- Mm, You didnt even go to high cliffs in higher flag room :D.

And KiLo, I dont know whats wrong with your textures, seemed right to me in my machine.

Byz

• 68 Carbine
Re: New map: MyLand - 2flag per team CTF (beta3)
« Reply #29 on: September 07, 2007, 06:48:05 AM »
man.. nice map

Termin8oR

• Autococker
« Reply #30 on: September 09, 2007, 03:31:52 PM »
Good Job.
Looks like another faster playing map. Well done.

blaa

• Autococker
« Reply #31 on: September 14, 2007, 08:50:06 AM »
 Ok, beta 4 is compiled. But as I suspected - I was not bored enough to fix all the little things what needed some fixing - a few crates on red side and a barrel too. Even some mis alignments in mid high. Besides those I have some ammo entities to move so they would be more strategical and not so random. Maybe play with some spawns aswell to add more guns to the map - therefore more movement in hopes of getting a better gun.

Map looks pretty much the same comparing with b3, so guess you really dont have to download it, because Ill make sure Ill stop being lazy and fix those little things. New map file is 1,96mb.
http://scythe.planet.ee/dp/myland/myland_ctp_b4.bsp

Also, some questions:
http://scythe.planet.ee/dp/sshot016.jpg thats the wall what you can see through. Dont really know how to fix it . If I were to change from sky texture to cliff texture then I would have to do it in all the tunnel, because you should see it from the end of the tunnel too.
http://scythe.planet.ee/dp/myland/sshot017.jpg

Also, those barrel tops at the end of the shot are not visible at the first shot. But when I take 1 small step I can see them. I guess thats not caused by lighting?
http://scythe.planet.ee/dp/myland/sshot018.jpg
http://scythe.planet.ee/dp/myland/sshot019.jpg
« Last Edit: September 24, 2007, 10:20:51 AM by blaa »

blaa

• Autococker
« Reply #32 on: September 19, 2007, 07:48:36 AM »
 Ok I have finished the map. I could not fix that lame wall I pointed out in my last post, also could not understand why those barrels act the way they are acting.
Few screenshots:
http://scythe.planet.ee/dp/myland/sshot102.jpg - Picture of the base. On the right corner you can see a platform(with a plant) you can go and camp there, have fun!!!!!!! On the base you see a "fence" it is there to replace the brick wall, oh and for a jump.
http://scythe.planet.ee/dp/myland/sshot103.jpg - This is how the low looks now. You can also see a crack on the ceiling, you can fall down from high to low from there!!!!!! Merry falling!!!!!!

I will edit this and the first post when the map compile is ready and when I have learned how to make .loc files and made a mapinfo and made .zip file.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2007, 10:21:21 AM by blaa »

blaa

• Autococker
Re: New map: MyLand - OUT NOW
« Reply #33 on: September 20, 2007, 06:44:53 AM »
http://scythe.planet.ee/dp/myland/myland_ctp.zip
Extract the file to your Painball2 folder. You will get a .loc file, map, ctp textures and the flame script and 2 .txt files.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2007, 03:03:41 AM by blaa »

Byz

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #34 on: September 24, 2007, 06:01:18 AM »
freaking nice map blaa :D i like it

KnacK

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #35 on: September 24, 2007, 06:09:10 AM »
None of your image links work....

sk89q

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #36 on: September 24, 2007, 09:42:27 AM »
I added a screenshot to the entry you submitted to DPR's map DB.

blaa

• Autococker
« Reply #37 on: September 24, 2007, 10:22:42 AM »
 Ok, thanks for that knack. Decided to create some order at my webspace.
Thanks sk89q.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #38 on: September 27, 2007, 06:12:23 PM »
A few things -- sorry I'm so behind.

- The CTP1 directory should be lowercase, as some annoying operating systems have case-sensitive file systems.
- You don't really need to include the flame textures as they're part of the standard install now.  If the textures get updated, you may end up overwriting newer ones.
- Several of the flame textures are still misaligned, and the woodgrain needs to be rotated on the torch bases.
- Several box textures are misaligned (red lines indicate where the edge of the box should be).
- You can still see through one side of the wall from the tunnel.
- Woodgrain needs to be rotated on the horizontal part of the fences as well as the boards going across the middle of the map (as indicated by the red lines).
- To be honest, I don't really care for the _ctp extension.  It's easier to remember and type things like "newmap myland".

Other than that, it looks pretty good.

blaa

• Autococker
« Reply #39 on: September 28, 2007, 08:19:07 AM »
 I am sorry about woodgrain issues. Those crates are so female dog to fix and I didnt notice they were wrong until you showed me, so I dont think its a big problem. I was unable to find a easy fix for the visible wall. Didnt care much about flames aswell, I am sorry.

The _ctp is there because y00tz told the mappers to use sufix/prefix to promote ctp. But guess you are right, myland doesnt bring too much promotion to ctp i think :D.

I wasnt sure about the flame script, so decided to add it.