Author Topic: camping...  (Read 9701 times)

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
Re: camping...
« Reply #40 on: August 15, 2007, 07:07:47 PM »
I haven't really done much testing with it, but quake2 had it built in.  It's possible there were other players closer to the spawns on the other side.  I don't think it spawns you exactly in the furthest location (otherwise you'd spawn in the same spot over and over), but it randomly selects from a few points that aren't too close to other players.

lekky

• Autococker
« Reply #41 on: August 16, 2007, 11:50:07 AM »
Shouldnt happen in a well-designed map?

KiLo

• Autococker
« Reply #42 on: August 16, 2007, 11:53:43 AM »
Right you are senor lekky!

marth

• Stingray
« Reply #43 on: August 20, 2007, 10:33:01 PM »
id have to disagree with a camp timer, ive played with it in another game and any time i tried to snipe itd go off on me at the worst times, how bout a camp timer that only goes off when the enemys camping in your spawn point?(anubis has plenty of this -.-') or at the least, the option for the server owner to specify stuff about it (on/off, spawn camping, the time for it to go off etc)

Xena

• VM-68
« Reply #44 on: August 20, 2007, 10:51:10 PM »
i gave this camp timer a bit of a thought... camp timer would work great in a DM game but it wont work very well in ctf maps however I think a 3 sec invulnerability would work better.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #45 on: August 23, 2007, 01:22:30 PM »
Except in small maps where the round only lasts 3 seconds...

Xena

• VM-68
« Reply #46 on: August 23, 2007, 07:29:56 PM »
ah... true... but isn't that the fun? the chaos of a small map! :D

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #47 on: August 24, 2007, 12:36:25 AM »
Well, I'm saying if you had 5 seconds of spawn protection, people would be in each other's bases looking at each other waiting for the protection to wear off.

Apocalypse

• Autococker
« Reply #48 on: August 24, 2007, 08:55:21 AM »
Well, I'm saying if you had 5 seconds of spawn protection, people would be in each other's bases looking at each other waiting for the protection to wear off.
Or they could just cap :P

Xena

• VM-68
« Reply #49 on: August 24, 2007, 11:51:47 AM »
but within that 5 sec protection, you will be able to go and grab a weapon and be ready to defend yourself.

it doesn't have to be 5 sec... it could be the 60 sec wait... i know at several time after the 60 sec spawn, i was trying to figure out where i am and... i'm dead again.

Fullmetal_Steeb

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #50 on: August 24, 2007, 06:22:45 PM »
I think that would be a good idea for clan matches...because it would be annoying if its 3 on 3 and one team kills 2 on the opposite team then the last player camps or hides until either their teammate revives or somebody grabs the flag.
and Kore thats called spawn killing and they do it only when they know teammates are coming so that they can get the flag and cap.
jarred, you, as the camper of the clan, know better than anyone else that spawning is just done for fun and pissing the other team off. its like those kids who like to vandalise stuff because it makes the adults mad.

as for regular camping, lots of people seem to think it's dishonorable... why do you think people frown on scams? its a dirty way of making money. camping is an unfair way of getting kills, and if you sit there and kill everyone who goes past you, soon you seem like the hero of the team because your kills can get high. it doesnt neccessarily mean you're any good, just that you know how to aim and click. for gods sake, you dont even have to deal with moving while you aim. thats why I find myself yelling at people on my own team who make their teammates who actually go out and do the work (attacking, flag grabbing) look like we've done nothing compared to them.

maxpower

• VM-68
« Reply #51 on: August 30, 2007, 11:56:04 AM »
Camping is a tactic, almost everyone used this tactic at least once playing any FPS. 

Fullmetal_Steeb

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #52 on: August 30, 2007, 07:09:11 PM »
Not I.

Foxhound

• Autococker
« Reply #53 on: November 15, 2012, 10:45:04 PM »
camping is bad guys, DONT DO IT!

RoBiNandL!nk

• Autococker
« Reply #54 on: November 16, 2012, 09:11:41 AM »
camping is bad guys, DONT DO IT!

Haha ok foxhound (sat on icerock all of carpathian) (sat on 2 flag on wobluda)

not like a care, but people who do it make the game boring. Unless its a bad map (Kalbeach) where you have to line speed in order to not get raped.

Foxhound

• Autococker
« Reply #55 on: November 16, 2012, 03:00:30 PM »
It's called controlling the map

You speed over mid ill kill you simple as that.

And as for wobluda, i had to carry and when it was 1 v 3 yes, ill be on 2 every time, or lining from hump every round, or making sure you don't get into our sewers.

And you can expect if we are winning i will more than likely sit back and line more. We pick maps like Mystique so you little contradictions can't camp and we win. Try not playing wobluda/airtime every match. Pick Pforest or something where the map is split in two so you can't cover the whole map. We would still win, but yeah you couldn't cry about camping. Sept when we would probably stack on top of each other on the high spot in base just to troll.

Deal with it. Sorry you can't get by me.

This was meant as a troll for instabad but apparently he's not the only one butthurt.

P.S. Dystro will always be camp king.

SuperMAn

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #56 on: November 16, 2012, 03:24:37 PM »
There is nothing wrong with camping.  A good player/team will take advantage of a camper any day.