Author Topic: Committee?  (Read 18559 times)

ViciouZ

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
Re: Committee?
« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2007, 05:12:10 PM »
Bureaucratic process = awesome.
Only when everything is signed in triplicate.

Dirty_Taco

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
_
« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2007, 05:22:25 PM »
Post removed
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 12:10:06 AM by Dirty_Taco »

Zorchenhimer

• Autococker
« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2007, 10:18:17 PM »
There is really only one question that is going through my mind: What would the committee do, exactly? Merely decide on punishments for actions on these forums, or in-game (e.g. cheating)? Or would they vote on, say, what maps, textures, sounds, etc., should be in the official release? The feature vote thread comes immediately to mind. It seems to me that Jitspoe has the forum punishments and bans under control, and he gets help with general maintenance (deleting posts, etc) with the current forum moderators.

In fewer words: a committee for bans, and the like, is pointless. Instead have a committee for stuff relating to the game and the material officially released with it.

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2007, 10:26:15 PM »
I think they could vote on just about anything proposed to them. What textures'll be included is a no-brainer, but maps would be interesting to decide on.

Zorchenhimer

• Autococker
« Reply #24 on: August 03, 2007, 10:55:26 PM »
Wait a minute. There are a few people on this forum with "Developer" tags, so why not have this committee be a developer committee? That way the tag actually means something.

y00tz

• Autococker
« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2007, 11:00:55 PM »
Wait a minute. There are a few people on this forum with "Developer" tags, so why not have this committee be a developer committee? That way the tag actually means something.

Heh.  Would I be included, since my Global Mod tag superseded my Dev tag?

Zorchenhimer

• Autococker
« Reply #26 on: August 04, 2007, 12:09:51 AM »
Don't see why not. :P

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #27 on: August 04, 2007, 01:08:56 AM »
NO MODS ALLOWED.

KnacK

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #28 on: August 04, 2007, 06:58:07 AM »
There is really only one question that is going through my mind: What would the committee do, exactly? Merely decide on punishments for actions on these forums, or in-game (e.g. cheating)? Or would they vote on, say, what maps, textures, sounds, etc., should be in the official release? The feature vote thread comes immediately to mind. It seems to me that Jitspoe has the forum punishments and bans under control, and he gets help with general maintenance (deleting posts, etc) with the current forum moderators.

In fewer words: a committee for bans, and the like, is pointless. Instead have a committee for stuff relating to the game and the material officially released with it.

Bravo Mr. Z

[GT]Snipen

• Stingray
« Reply #29 on: August 04, 2007, 11:35:04 AM »
After reading over this post last night I envisioned  how the committee meetings would go. So I have attached  a gif of two committee members having a debate.

Apocalypse

• Autococker
« Reply #30 on: August 04, 2007, 12:30:41 PM »
I think a commitie should be made five members including Jits so 4 would be elected of course Jits has the final say on things this commitie should be to help Jitspoe with things he needs and wants help withso it could be anything really.

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #31 on: August 04, 2007, 05:47:09 PM »
We're living in a dictatorship: a self-perpetuating autocracy.

What we should have is......

An anarcho-syndicalist commune is the most fair way to handle affairs of importance. We take it in turns to act as a sort of executive officer for the week, but all the decisions of that officer have to be ratified at a special bi-weekly meeting (by a simple majority in the case of purely internal affairs, but by a two-thirds majority in the case of major external events, etc etc....).

About Jitspoe,
Moderation and Punishments:

Please think back to the pre moderated forum. Flames as far as the eye can see.

This is hardly Jitspoe's fault but the use of moderatores could have been done two years prior. My point being even with the best of intentions and always with correct decision making Jitspoe is just one person. I think he was hoping people would behave them self's and also not cheat. Alas this still continues to a lesser degree? IDK but it still continues. As I have mentioned its only a handful of what Jitspoe's calls important contributing jackasses that cheat and cause the mass havoc. I think in cases like these there should be a community ban. Oh wait I have said this before........christ.

Aside from this, the most effective way to ban Jitsy is to kick all detections live. Period.

That or all other major cheat detection software (PB) has got it all wrong. Thus the premise of live kicking. Anything else taints the game by proxy of allowing them to play.

So if a player is kicked there will not be any lamenting from anyone. Unless there is discrepancies in your code that can allow innocent players to be detected. Which I highly doubt. So with that said please start this.

Lastly I oppose a vote to vote for a vote, but rather truly believe live kicking and no lamenting is best.

I am sure all fair minded persons would agree that playing with cheaters is good for the game. ???WTH???

FlaMe

• Autococker
« Reply #32 on: August 04, 2007, 09:10:06 PM »
Ok So, Im thinking

Jitspoe overlook and makes final decision with help from...

-About 15 people on said committee,

-A GT rep, (Snipen? Loial?)
-An OTB Rep (T3rr0ri5t?)
-EV1 Rep
-Ch1ll Rep

7 elected reps from each clan. RESPECTABLE rep, from each of the top clans...ie

Apoboc
Metal Militia
20ID
Insane Junction
Allstarz
Qehs
College Court

Than Zorch, y00tz, Knack, and Xile?

Just a proposal, dont rip me for it

KiLo

• Autococker
« Reply #33 on: August 04, 2007, 09:13:07 PM »
-GT Rep, (Snipen? Loial?)
-EV1 Rep

EV1 Rep= None other than Jitspoe himself.

This next part is not meant to be a flame in anyway but with everyone complaining that Snipen is a supposedly abusive admin I am not sure that the community would take the committee seriously if he were to be on it.

Metal Militia
20ID

Neither one of these clans are really active.

Edit: Not ripping you for your thoughts just pointing out some of the flaws in them.

FlaMe

• Autococker
« Reply #34 on: August 04, 2007, 09:22:16 PM »
I thought ev1 was jits so just make that Cobo
And Who cares if people complain about Snipen, people complain about Ij too, doesnt mean we have to ignore em... The whole point of this committee is to get a vote from all sides, not just the "favored" or "most popular" and I mentioned RESPECTABLE, no jokes or excretory openings. I think the forum autocockers should have the say on who gets on however,

...Im not flaming jits but we all know if it were up to him, some of those clans wouldn't even be considered... (20id)

I think its a good idea?

KiLo

• Autococker
« Reply #35 on: August 04, 2007, 09:25:28 PM »
In my opinion your idea is a good one, just I don't think all the people included are the best choices.

Edit: Just thought of this. If Flame's idea is used then we also should have someone from the Pickup Staff on the committee. That I know of it would have to be Apocalypse or I hate to be conceded, myself.

Edit2: On a side note pickups hopefully coming soon, just waiting on Matze. And for all those who want to get in on a pickup idle #dppug. (Just had to advertise there for a second.)

P!nk

• Autococker
_
« Reply #36 on: August 04, 2007, 09:29:28 PM »
Post removed
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 02:10:00 AM by P!nk »

FlaMe

• Autococker
« Reply #37 on: August 04, 2007, 09:36:45 PM »
Well... here would be my proposed list:

-Jits

-Zorch
-y00tz   
-Xbain     | The developers and biggest contributors on forums and such
-Knack   
-Xile   
-FourthX   

Loial -GT
T3rr0r15t - OTB            |Server Reps
_________ -Ch1ll Rep 

DaRkNeSs - [aB]
Spook - [***]
Jigsaw? - .Ij.                 
Lekky - [q]
Pureblood - -)MeMi(-
ch40s - [CC]

Im thinkin we just need one committee, the development team is pretty set, and if more people wanna get involved I dont think we need a set committee

This one could just work the punishments... and whatever other random contradictions there are

KiLo

• Autococker
« Reply #38 on: August 04, 2007, 09:38:42 PM »
Everyone go take a gander at this poll and vote for what type of committee you think this should be.

y00tz

• Autococker
« Reply #39 on: August 04, 2007, 10:00:51 PM »