Author Topic: Committee?  (Read 18569 times)

Eiii

• Autococker
Re: Committee?
« Reply #80 on: August 09, 2007, 08:24:36 PM »
I'm hardly involved in any clans. And I'm entirely willing to betray members of the clan I am involved with! :D

Apocalypse

• Autococker
« Reply #81 on: August 10, 2007, 10:02:30 AM »
S8N make that kungfu (once completed) on every single server and you've got my vote for ∞ + 10 lol.

nightryder

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #82 on: August 10, 2007, 02:32:27 PM »
You cant make a commitee made up of people from different clans, but made up of people who represent different groups in the community. The old people, the young people, the vets, the noobs, the people who love to play the game, the people who love to develop the game, the really good players, the americans, the germans, the smart, the dumb, the ex-hackers (they're people too), and the mappers.

Apocalypse

• Autococker
« Reply #83 on: August 11, 2007, 07:15:09 AM »
Hmmm...... you do have a point but ex-hackers? That would be like rewarding them.

Xile

• VM-68
« Reply #84 on: August 11, 2007, 11:07:27 PM »
Wow, look what I started... *hides*

Have not been around much, still trying to find a job.. not going to well at the moment argh.. anyways, the committee question was just to get a general idea for the feel of what could be done. I didn't expect people to act on it so suddenly. And in my opinion, if it does happen. It should be well thought out and agreed on by a vast majority over a time period.

y00tz

• Autococker
« Reply #85 on: August 30, 2007, 12:03:44 AM »
I realize this is 2 weeks old, but when will the committee planning begin, and who will be involved (in the planning) 

I think it would be smart to set a term (365 days e.g.) so that the same few players aren't running the show all time. 

And what about expelling a member from the committee? 
Would this be possible? 
Who does it? The community, the committee?  Jitspoe?

And while were planning this, one thing to consider is that there are very limited seats on the committee, yet this forum is packed full of veterans, frequent forum users, dedicated match players, developers, etc.  And do matter who is chosen, candidates who would do a great job will almost certainly be left out.  What's the best way to bridge this?  I'd hate to see some deserving people be outright snubbed and lose contact with the Paintball 2 project.

-y00tz

nightryder

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #86 on: August 30, 2007, 12:15:34 AM »
have one spot on the comittee for each aspect a person can play. 1 spot for a developer, 1 for a mapper, 1 for veteran, 1 for a newb, 1 for a matcher, 1 for a pubber..etc. Then have the problems that may arise handled by the person that is in charge of that subject and a select few trustworthy others. There is no reason to involve someone who doesnt match into a matching problem.

y00tz

• Autococker
« Reply #87 on: August 30, 2007, 12:45:34 AM »
There is no reason to involve someone who doesnt match into a matching problem.

Umm, someone who matches ... possible bias toward player/clan.  Someone who is independent of the the match scene, not so much.

nightryder

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #88 on: August 30, 2007, 12:47:39 AM »
find someone not biased

y00tz

• Autococker
« Reply #89 on: August 30, 2007, 12:49:02 AM »
find someone not biased

There's still a conflict of interest.  It's inevitable though.  What happens when a players friend/clan needs a ruling?  There it is.

nightryder

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #90 on: August 30, 2007, 12:50:49 AM »
that can be said about anything the committee does...or any decision ever made

lekky

• Autococker
« Reply #91 on: August 30, 2007, 08:09:15 AM »
Thats why the committee is more than one person? Bias can then be spread and the committees decisions not show bias to any one side.

FlaMe

• Autococker
« Reply #92 on: August 30, 2007, 08:10:57 AM »
Yeah get as many different biases as possible to allow for legit discussion and argument.

KnacK

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #93 on: August 30, 2007, 08:35:39 AM »
So...

How many other gaming communities have commitees like this set up?

DaRkNeSS

• Autococker
« Reply #94 on: August 30, 2007, 03:36:15 PM »
Zero.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #95 on: August 30, 2007, 09:16:41 PM »
I'll have a few ground rules set for the committee members.  Violators will be ejected.  The committee may also decide to eject members if they behave inappropriately or become inactive, at which point new members will be elected (possibly by the committee or by the community -- depends how things go).

DaRkNeSS

• Autococker
« Reply #96 on: August 30, 2007, 10:17:15 PM »
Jitspoe is like the only non-biased person around right now.

Moe_Lester

• Stingray
« Reply #97 on: September 01, 2007, 07:36:19 AM »
Why do we need a committee?

Cobo

• Autococker
« Reply #98 on: September 01, 2007, 09:05:50 AM »
So...

Zero.

Although most of the gaming communities have more than one developer...

flip

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #99 on: September 02, 2007, 08:33:37 AM »
Insert Quote
Quote from: KnacK on August 30, 2007, 09:35:39 AM
So...

Quote from: DaRkNeSS on August 30, 2007, 04:36:15 PM
Zero.
Although most of the gaming communities have more than one developer...

then this will be a first and ground breaking. it'll be just like a real democracy. instead of a communist like state.  :o  You gentlemen are the new breed of gamers. this will take all gaming communities by storm. there will be millions on WoW (no not (CoW))
screaming ....."we want a democracy like DP"
but like all great nations we have too much indesicion.
let the committee begin. set up a voting system and get on with it. I'll support whoever is on the committee. the one thing that will kill it will be everyone who gets in trouble will start flaming this comittee. screaming "injustice". we as a community (not committee) need to follow through with this and support whoevers unlucky shoulders these tasks will fall upon no matter the outcome. if not there shall be only choas and anarchy!!!
moo!!
yeah i went i little haywire, hopefully youll get what i mean...