Author Topic: New Map/Idea: Supershift  (Read 6099 times)

cusoman

• Autococker
New Map/Idea: Supershift
« on: August 11, 2007, 07:10:06 AM »
Here is my map idea. What if a bunch of people constantly traded around a map file, so they could all edit it together. What if people just kept adding to the map untill it looked really cool.  We could take turns, and make a list. When its your turn you take the latest version and edit/add to it and then post screenies and the new version on this forum. This could be a really cool map. So here are the rules to editing Supershift, the map.

RULES:
1. Dont Rip apart what someone else just added to the map. Maybe critique, but no destruction
2.Obey the list, if its your turn to edit it, then go ahead.
3.After creating a new version of supershift name it supershift_b(the number that is next in line). Mine was 1 so the next one will be supershift_b2
4.I will make the list/order of people to edit in this post and modify as needed. When you edit the map make sure  you add your name in the 'message' key of the worldspawn. EX: by Cusoman,whatever,whatever. It could be a very long list. I will add '- done' if u have edited succefully and uploaded a new version. Just post saying 'i will edit' and i will add your name to the list.
5.Supershift uses CTP1 textures, pls try to use these cool new textures as much as possible in this new map, and u will need CTP1 to even view the map because i used them in the first version. Right now it is just a big box map actually, with terrain done with the triangle method, and an info_player_deathmatch.
6.NO MORE THEN 2 DAYS WORKING ON YOUR PORTION OF THE MAP!

;D
LIST OF EDITORS
1.Cusoman - Done
2.Corporal Perez - Didnt make his map portion, explanation still needed.
3.SmackWaters

The map right now:
« Last Edit: August 28, 2007, 07:55:17 PM by cusoman »

Apocalypse

• Autococker
Re: New Map/Idea: Supershift
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2007, 07:28:12 AM »
What type of map is it anyways?

cusoman

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2007, 07:39:28 AM »
oops, i forgot to mention that. Right now its set up for 2 -flag CTF, tho there are no bases or flags yet. This mode could be changed as its made. I just made it a ctf to start with.

Apocalypse

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2007, 07:44:32 AM »
Maybe you should have added a little bit more to start off.

cusoman

• Autococker
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2007, 07:51:06 AM »
well i was kinda hoping for that look what is was in the begginng, look at it now sort of effect when it was done. It would be cool if u just wanted to add a box or some thing, you know, to help get people into it. Cuase if they saw you doing it, i know it would get popular. ;D

Apocalypse

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2007, 07:57:27 AM »
Well I might start in a bit I'm a bit busy right now I have to catch up on one of my maps but I'll maybe add something once I'm done beta 2 for my map which I'm working on as I type.

cusoman

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2007, 08:00:13 AM »
Is the map your working on 'The Tunnel', i downloaded that  a little bit ago and thought it was cool. I think if u could build a way into the top of the tunnel, that hallow hallway area, it would be cool. BTW Good work so far. I cant wait to download beta 2! :)

Apocalypse

• Autococker
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2007, 08:20:40 AM »
Thanks I'm adding two more paths making it less boxy thetop passage I need to think of a way to make it look not dumb for anyways good luck if I don't have a chance to help out.

cusoman

• Autococker
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2007, 08:24:08 AM »
well good luck on finishing your map. i hope both our maps turn out amazing. thanx for ur support.
-Cusoman

Corporal Perez

• Stingray
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2007, 01:18:51 PM »
Ill do No 2

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2007, 02:33:16 PM »
This is about the fourth time this idea's come up. It might be fun, but there's no way that a good map will come out of it. :D

cusoman

• Autococker
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2007, 02:54:59 PM »
Eiii i hope to prove u wrong! Hopefully a great map will come out of this!!! ;D
Corporal thanx for supporting this map idea! Good Luck on beta 2, cant wait to see it!! :D

Apocalypse

• Autococker
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2007, 07:16:01 PM »
This is about the fourth time this idea's come up. It might be fun, but there's no way that a good map will come out of it. :D
Lol who knows it might.

KnacK

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2007, 06:38:25 AM »
* KnacK watches as it turns in to a jump map........

cusoman

• Autococker
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2007, 08:55:56 AM »
*does Knack want it to turn into a jump map.
if so, sign up and edit. but I don't see it becoming a jump map unless only jump map fans start editing.

DrRickDaglessMD

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2007, 11:28:40 AM »
Hi,

interesting idea. You might want to get rid of the 4mb BMP file in the rar though, given its 4 orders of magnitude bigger than the actual bsp.

- Rick

cusoman

• Autococker
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2007, 12:30:32 PM »
thx for thinking its interesting, but seeing as their are not many people that are going to download the original, i will just leave the rar file. i cant wait to see what corporal has done with then map! ;D

Apocalypse

• Autococker
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2007, 07:10:43 PM »
Gaaaahhhh! .rar those things are evil (mostly because I don't have anything to extract them lol) could you make that a .zip?

FlaMe

• Autococker
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2007, 07:49:11 PM »
winrar > winzip

cusoman

• Autococker
« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2007, 07:33:24 AM »
i tried to post a .zip file but the site wont let me. :'( here is a link to winrar, the best zippy thing ever. this will let u unzip rar files and zip files!! ;D http://www.winrar-download.org/
have fun!