Author Topic: Verbal Abuse  (Read 10283 times)

Spook

• Autococker
Re: Verbal Abuse
« Reply #60 on: August 25, 2007, 12:21:09 AM »
Fighting online is like racing in the special olympics; even if you win, you're still retarded

Da_Assassin

• PGP
« Reply #61 on: August 25, 2007, 12:28:07 AM »
The more annoying thing is that no other person playing, maybe 10 or more, even gave a reply.

What did you expect to happen, others to join in and have a "nuh uh" "yes huh" argument?  I guess now more than ever I see that people take games too serious.  Imagine a punk on the basketball court, talking trash.  I know you'd laugh if you saw some 5'7" 120 pound kid with tattoo that says "UNIX", calling you some dumb name or making some comment... would you expect to stop playing just to confront him for talking smack to you?  What does it accomplish by stopping to play just to pick on a 14 year old?  Type ignore and his ID, game over for his rant.

I catch so much for being a Jew, have I ever cared? Not in the slightest.  Is it annoying? Nope.  Do I wish people wouldn't say stuff about Jews whilst playing a video game? Sure.  The fact remains, if you can't laugh off some rant, ignorance or verbal abuse that is sifting across the big series of tubes that is the internet, perhaps you need to re-think what offends you.

If I physically threatened you, would you be scared? Of course not.  It's got NOTHING to do with me, nothing.  it's the fact that I have no idea who you are personally nor do I know anything about you as a person.  Nothing.  So no matter what I say to you, and the online alias you use, I'm not getting to you personally.  If you take a rant personally, you're probably the problem.

-y00tz.

I see your point and I agree. It still doesn't change the fact that it's annoying. Also, I know that my post will not change the opinions of others. I guess it was just something I just felt like doing. At first I found it offensive but it did get more humorous after a while. Talking about people's play does not personally offend me. I just don't like it when it gets too serious. But this particular rant had nothing to do with the game itself so I can't take it as trash talk on the blacktop. I agree with everything you typed accept for that I'm probably the problem. There's a difference between poking fun or common stereotypes and flat out degrading people.

lekky

• Autococker
« Reply #62 on: August 25, 2007, 03:57:59 AM »
y00tzy, y00tzy you say some smart things. But you seem to be accepting these things when maybe you should think more about stopping them from happening in the first place. Its true that its a nice trait to have to be able to simply ignore these attacks, but sometimes one has to stand up abd defend their cause, even if it is against some dumb kid.

Xena

• VM-68
« Reply #63 on: August 25, 2007, 02:30:06 PM »
Have anyone wondered if the handful of people who are making these abusive comments are the reason why some people may not be join the dp community? Most people playing ARE nice people...

Perhaps because I am older and realizes that some comments proves no point and only starts a verbal war... or is it because the players making those comments are the younger players (the teens) who wishes to feel they own you, therefore, they feel they have the right to do so?

y00tz, you're right... if you dont want to read those comments, dont read it... i usually just play and dont bother with comments. I'll read them but you wont see me answering to it. I really dont care if you're black, white, red with polka dots... all I care is you play and have relevant comments on the GAME (ie, nice shot, nice nade etc).

Spook

• Autococker
« Reply #64 on: August 25, 2007, 02:33:55 PM »
Once again, fighting online is like racing in the special olympics; even if you do win, you're still retarded.

KiLo

• Autococker
« Reply #65 on: August 25, 2007, 03:21:57 PM »
Once again, fighting online is like racing in the special olympics; even if you do win, you're still retarded.

Has to be one of the funniest things I have ever heard even though it is mean.

Xena

• VM-68
« Reply #66 on: August 25, 2007, 04:05:28 PM »

haha, reminds me of a quote... i can't remember who said it but it's something like this...

"rowing is the only sports where you look at the losers when you win"

Da_Assassin

• PGP
« Reply #67 on: August 25, 2007, 07:08:33 PM »

haha, reminds me of a quote... i can't remember who said it but it's something like this...

"rowing is the only sports where you look at the losers when you win"

I thought it was a common quote. I heard it several times before on other forums.

Xena

• VM-68
« Reply #68 on: August 25, 2007, 07:28:59 PM »
is it? ah, found the quote...

"Rowing is so dumb that it's won by the team that can go backwards the fastest. It's the only racing sport in which the winner can see the losers" - Sam Orbaum