Author Topic: Loial's SpraynPray/Run-n-Gun Camp fest  (Read 23412 times)

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
Re: Loial's SpraynPray/Run-n-Gun Camp fest
« Reply #80 on: July 14, 2005, 10:17:42 PM »
Good thing the scoreboard is clientside now, otherwise everyone would have overflowed when looking at scores. :)

And how does reconnecting fix a high ping?  He was probably using dialup.

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #81 on: July 15, 2005, 12:25:55 AM »
Client side cheats, Comon player curtsy.  He was not lagging sever but was using mutlipul logins from same IP but only showing up as "evil" but when I booted it showed

"W was kicked"
"W was disconnected"

This happened when clicking on your alpha admin player managment. When a  player named "W" this happened three times before they left on arenaball.  FYi .

*Edit his ping was over 800 when he was kicked. Dial up mabey. Against server rules , yup. Again all I was asking him to do was to reconnect not leave. And reconnect to the internet via dail up can clear up some lag on his end . Btw have you ever tried playing on a ping over 300 even with the best cpu and server and assuming your not cheating the lag would be like that one video those kids made.  I was not doing it just for other gamers who can be lagged out but his own gaming experince on my server.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2005, 06:10:07 PM by loial21 »

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #82 on: July 20, 2005, 11:57:45 PM »
Heh, back when I had dialup, my ping was almost always over 300.  150 was an LPB to me.

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #83 on: July 21, 2005, 01:01:34 AM »
Heh, back when I had dialup, my ping was almost always over 300. 150 was an LPB to me.

Hope the dpcon goes well,that goes without questoin.

Did your ever try play  let alone host a dial up q2 server on Mplayer

DAMIEN

• VM-68
« Reply #84 on: July 21, 2005, 01:51:24 AM »
loial u gonna boot me cause u fear my dial-up? huh? huh? heh i c how it is. sometimes i have over 300 ping and its not the worst it gets... i think 400 is when it gets ubber ugly

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #85 on: July 21, 2005, 02:09:46 AM »
Sure I played.  Heh, when I first got q3 my ping was a solid 999 because the ping would only show 3 digits. :)

Sometimes there are worse things than dialup, though: http://www.planetquake.com/jitspoe/images/misc/why_college_sucks.gif

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #86 on: July 21, 2005, 07:05:18 PM »
have you tried playing your game with ping over 400? i get a full onesec lag :)

*edit thanks for the help with cvar and rcon cmds . Is there any others that you the publice wants please post those requests here, so jitspoe can comment

btw jitspoet This is why i was ranting on HOBO (sorry so late) He was expressing his opinion on ..well look for your self. I assumed he knew what I was talking about since the ss and the post were done one after the other.

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #87 on: July 29, 2005, 12:35:27 AM »
Greetings and welcome to the world of lag free gaming brought to you by Loial.

Several rules:

1: No visual abnormalities
2: No FPS hacks
3. No rat/z or other happy bots allowed (bob)
4. No flooding server(oversizing packets)with happyness
5. No exploits (by my definition) at all.
6. No leet geeking we are all equal.
7. No Abusive behavior toward anyone.
8. No settings that harm others will be allowed.
9. No spoofing names
10. If you are lagging in server you will be asked to reconnect.
11. If you are asked to stop spamming chat by anyone you will comply and do your best.

You will be warned multiple times for any of these offenses after which you will be kicked. To be reinstated you must petition to me or Jitspoe on this topic.

I will be keeping a log of known offensives and offenders among other details of your visits.

Please have fun and Respect each others authority to own.

***edit server is open for matches
Read and understand

[eR33t]XBain

« Reply #88 on: July 31, 2005, 12:39:13 AM »
I miss Bainer, Mental ;(  blitz and y2 happy!!! What are their opinions on good maps?

The maps that come to mind for the top of my list are: kfields, castle1, sassult2, siegecastle, pball_shreds1, pforest.

I'm a fan of the small maps when used accordingly.  eR33t ran a series of 12am invite-only tournaments in which we did 1v1 with 5 minute rounds on the same map.  We usually fielded 8-16 players of mostly the higher skill level(5-6 eR3 members and a hand ful of cP and krew members or #paintball old-timers).  They were fast, competitive and anyone who played in them loved them, even though Blitz won 75% of the time.

eR33t used to do teamwork development drills/scrims on larger maps that weren't on the maplists.  When played at the higher skill level these made for great fun in the 3v3/4v4 environment.  These maps never hit the match scene very often because they became uncompetitive against most teams.

I recall when I started playing, I had to learn qwpball on hellsurvivors - I even eliminated a player once! - and what a nightmare,  but I was hooked.  I think the key to easing the new player learning curb is to have small tight maplists of larger complex maps that offer depth into the rest of the game that is left untouched in pub servers.  This doesn't do it for most of the players who have been around more than a year who play the game for the extremely fast-pase excitement it provides   Being a player, team leader of a clan in every skill bracket, a server admin and someone who has put time in to wards development of pball-related projects(eR33tbot, stats, numerous sites), I have seen most all aspects of the community.  I still think that 60-70% of the community is only around to experience a quick fast-pase game every now and then.  There's always a server that has crates/pbcup/icewar running, and they're satisfied.  In order for the same experience on a pub to occur, larger maps need to be loaded.  Castle1/pball_shreds1 needs 12+, Brainstorm needs 14+, etc.  These scenarios only exist if pbcup/crates/icewar is the last map that was playing.  When I administrated the two pub servers I used this tactic to keep the server occupancy high, and it worked as suggested every time.

Thanks for hearing me out.

Sincerely,
You favorite eR33t team member

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #89 on: July 31, 2005, 04:02:40 AM »
Thank you, do you support or advocate different maps for different level of players? 

*edit more to come I respect this persons point of view. Wish we had more posts like them.   Bain is there any chance of getting this community back to the status it had when your web site/ stats was up? It was the best thing for this game besides the game, since then it has been torn apart and it SUCKS!!!!

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #90 on: July 31, 2005, 04:49:42 PM »
Gah. Loial, you just have to stop this. Certain people will like the kind of game paintball is, and certain people won't. And unfortunatly, some people will like paintball because of the way the crappy maps play... and they support and sometimes make more of the crappy maps. And it becomes an endless cycle. But let me tell you, the few games I've played on decent maps with a moderate number of players is what hooked me. Luckily, that happened one of my first games and since then, despite the poorly constructed maps, I've refused to give up on it. I think that eventually, something will happen and there will be conciderably more of these good maps. Not everyone will like that, but in the end this isn't a game that ends up appealing to everyone. This is a game that I think very few people like for the game that it's suppose to be.

To get back to what I wanted to say in the first place:
The game doesn't appeal to many people. If we try to make it appeal to more people, it'll become an average, boring game that's no different than any other. We should make this game to cater to a more specialized group: those that will appreiciate the game for what it's suppose to be, and help make it that.

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #91 on: July 31, 2005, 06:16:17 PM »
Stop what eiii expressing my opinions, asking questions or defend my self? Just let me know. Ok? :(
This is exact thing that turns new players away from the game.

The game doesn't appeal to many people.
What proof do you have to make this claim. The fact that all old players dont play? The same people we were playing with when we got hooked? They left becuase of the direction this game is going not beucase the game did not have appeal. But I will agree that as the game is today with the devolper baning maps and adding unwanted features yeah sure its losing its appeal, but is that not the whole idea of wanting only "certain players" ones that has thier ideas implimented and listened to and Jitspoet can only please a few people so why not the ones that never play anymore. That is logical thinking?  Ok the last statement is not fair and was yours? I respect your opinion and understand some of your logic just wish somemore people would speak up. Who else will?

Im not bashing or relating in bad terms. Get it? Got it? Good!!!

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #92 on: July 31, 2005, 07:16:33 PM »
http://babelfish.altavista.com doesn't have loialnese as an option. :(

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #93 on: July 31, 2005, 07:30:10 PM »
hmm  Its an ancient asian slow person speak some thing you should relate to. Its close to the  redneck hillbilly hee haw dialect spoken in deep nc :) 

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #94 on: August 02, 2005, 04:24:24 PM »
Stop what eiii expressing my opinions, asking questions or defend my self? Just let me know. Ok? :(

Must...not...kill...

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #95 on: August 02, 2005, 05:54:59 PM »
ur phunny

[eR33t]D

« Reply #96 on: August 03, 2005, 12:43:42 AM »
you suck loial.. be quiet

i dont think ANYONE in dp cheats.

except for ganja, he cheats at times.. when he feels like it.

and for the people that do cheat, i just don't notice it because they still suck really bad..

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #97 on: August 03, 2005, 12:56:46 AM »

« Reply #96 on: Today at 01:43:42 AM »    Quote
you suck loial.. be quiet
i dont think ANYONE in dp cheats.
except for ganja, he cheats at times.. when he feels like it.
and for the people that do cheat, i just don't notice it because they still suck really bad..

Who are you LOL? Nice to meet you. Perhaps you can enlighten on how I know you? I wont repsond untill your full  complaint is logically stated. Untill then hang
Like your clan leaders Pimp is.... LIMP

If your a leet geek then, you know how much admiration I have for ye.  More admiration from me than you.

Understand this from my perspective Er33t left why who cares.

I do!!!

But they quit what can I do  :(

THAT IS ALL FOR NOW.

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #98 on: August 04, 2005, 01:10:52 AM »
What your missing.
Sorry evendently ther is a cap on ss?
« Last Edit: August 04, 2005, 11:31:06 PM by loial21 »

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #99 on: August 21, 2005, 11:53:23 PM »
I really hope that you're (you're) not banning people based on names.

If that is so, then people *will* start name spoofing, if not just creating new names every time they connect.

IP banning....well that *should* work until the next time their cable/DSL modem reboots, and they get a new DHCP addr.

Subnet banning would work more better (thats right, more better) except it causes 'friends' and neighbors to get eachother banned (ASSuming they are on the same subnet. When one gets banned, both get banned).

MAC address banning is a bit better, but face it. MAC addresses can be faked as well.

All these technologies can be cuircumvented by the determined. Most of those that are hacking are determined enough to curcumvent most of this stuff. Perhaps a unique ID assigned at install time via the client. On top of that, some sort of simple registration process (nothing fancy. No personal info like a email address.) combine that with a subnet check.

heh...better yet. Have a stats system that *if* you build your stats up (read: you've been playing long enough to be trust worthy, and have accumulated enough kills), then you are allowed to pickup the better weapons and barrels. that will force people to start playing better, and playing more fairly (as to not get kicked) so they can get better weapons.

Get some sort of anti cheat/authentication system in place or this will just continue. There will always be the Ganja or the Snipen or others that *MUST* have the advantage and cheat in some way or another. (in Ganja's case with me, he personnaly attacked my wife to get the better of me and make me play worse cause I was more concerned with sticking up for her. When that wouldn't work (as with other players he played against) he would start to actually cheat. Obviously or not.)

-Derrek
I 100% agree what about you?