Author Topic: Cars (for cover)  (Read 3105 times)

DrRickDaglessMD

• 68 Carbine
Re: Cars (for cover)
« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2007, 08:20:44 PM »
Im not sure whether you'd be able to use loads of cars without pushing the polys up way too far, but it'd be interesting to see what you come up with.

I think the map Tha Brotherhood Cosmic Club by SinisterMinister (cosmic3.bsp) has a selection of vehicles on: an SUV, a sports car and an articulated trailer and cab.

I don't know where we are in the discussion about whether it's good practice to decompile other peoples maps and take out things like that, so I think you should at least look at it to get some pointers.

- Dag

y00tz

• Autococker
« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2007, 11:13:17 PM »
When did we determine "models were unusable"?  simply add the car model AND clip around it, you have a CAR and COVER, both of you which you were looking for.

-y00tz

ViciouZ

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2007, 05:43:11 AM »
As we have mentioned earlier...

1. Paint goes through clip brushes, so you'd have to use a nodraw brush
2. You'd need to alight it very well or the paint would either go through the outside surface of the car or splat a couple of centimetres away from it
3. That would be very hard to do considering you'd have to estimate, because BSP won't render the model for you to workaround.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2007, 07:44:09 PM »
If you check the following flags, you should be set:
nodraw
translucent
detail

Also make sure the model does not reside INSIDE of a brush, or it might do funky things.  Make a hole in the middle of the brushes if you have to.  Try to keep the brushes from touching anything as well, so they won't split the map (as much).