Author Topic: NEW MAP: Mad Dash ~BETA 3 Now Released  (Read 4865 times)

cusoman

• Autococker
NEW MAP: Mad Dash ~BETA 3 Now Released
« on: August 19, 2007, 04:08:39 PM »
Beta 3 now released!!!

This map has been upgraded a fair amount between betas 2 and 3.  It now features torches for lighting, improved texture choices, underground path, and path to move from outer balconies to inner balconies.

Goals for beta 4:
-Wider entrance to underground
-More Entrances to undergound
-More objects in undergound
-More realistic looking walls and ceiling for underground
-Boxes in mid for double jumping to barrels
-Improved underground lighting
-Suggestions made by community

Some screenshots:

Please leave some constructive criticism and enjoy my map! ;D

We are in beta 3! ;D
Download from my beta 3 from the attachment:
This map uses CTP1 textures.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2007, 04:37:29 PM by cusoman »

Krewzer

• Stingray
Re: NEW MAP: Mad Dash
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2007, 07:47:17 PM »
looking pretty good.
I'd suggest fixing the alignment problems on the side path small hills where the're up against the wall there's a gap.  And on the left side of each base it's a step up to the side paths.  Doesn't effect play, just should be aligned, imo.
Think about extending your high balconies down the sides also.
Might want to add to the height of the stuff in the middle so people can't spray from one base to the other, or not. :)

cusoman

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2007, 08:41:47 PM »
thanx for the  feedback krewzer. i have been trying to get that edge that sticks up going into the side paths, but i just let it be for b1. b2 will hopefully have that fixed. I did not notice the minihill had a gap on the sides so now i shall be fixing that. i couldnt decide whether or not to extend the balconies around the whole thing,or just the center path, but for b2 it will have the balconies extending down the paths. the final release may or may not have the balconies in the side paths. thanx again. ;D
-Cusoman

FlaMe

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2007, 08:56:16 PM »
im sure its cool but i dont have the textures =\

cusoman

• Autococker
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2007, 09:10:44 PM »
flame i added a file for download with the 3 ctp1 textures u need. just unzip that file into your pball folder and you should be able to play! ;D

cusoman

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2007, 06:34:55 PM »
no one seems to like my map since it only has 5 replies, 3 of which r mine!!!! :o :o :( well beta2 is coming along. maybe when i release beta 2 this map will be more popular. ???

Apocalypse

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2007, 08:04:14 AM »
Probably because people don't notice it I didn't till just now I'll to try it out in a while.

cusoman

• Autococker
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2007, 10:41:29 AM »
Cool. please tell me what you think about the map and what could be revised.BETA 2 is done. I just want to make sure i dont miss anything before releasing.

DrRickDaglessMD

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2007, 12:03:58 PM »
Hi, I just had a quick look at your map and these things struck me:

These angled brushes on the outer paths are a little raw, it looks untidy and unnatural to leave the edges exposed.

This rampy thing is misaligned with the rest of the cliff face when it turns the corner, which is bad practice.

These barrels are hexagonal, and so its a reasonable assumption that these brushes overlap. Overlapping brushes is very bad practice, try and avoid it at all costs!

Also, the passageways are pretty narrow, it wouldnt take much to spray down it and cut the whole route off. I know its early days, but try and keep in mind varied texturing to give your map some definition.

- Dag

cusoman

• Autococker
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2007, 12:10:34 PM »
thx for the feed back dag. i fixed the minihill gap on beta 2, but the edge in your pic 1 is giving me problems, so i dont think that will be fixed till beta3. in beta 2 maybe i will make the barrels octagonal with less overlappage, because they do infact overlap. btw i love the kung fu map u and reed made!!!!

Apocalypse

• Autococker
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2007, 09:45:56 AM »
Octagon barrels would be good I know I've seen a few maps with hexagon barrels and they look bad I think the octagon barrels look much better.

cusoman

• Autococker
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2007, 11:06:18 AM »
BETA 2 is finished all but one little detail. HOW DO I CUT A FRIGGIN HOLE IN THE GROUND?? ??? ??? AHHHHH!!!!?!?! How am i supposes to cut a relistic hole in the middle of the ground. Re-brushing the whole thing would be such a pain!! any help would be appreciated. Then i can release beta 2. w00t w00t!! ;D

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2007, 07:18:13 PM »
Split and clip.

cusoman

• Autococker
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2007, 08:46:23 PM »
Split and clip.
???
I get split but what do u mean by clip. Do u mean make a clip brush and how would that help. ???

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2007, 10:13:07 PM »
Select the ground brush.  Hold down shift and right click twice to add 2 points (you can also do 3).  This then you can click the split icon to slice the brush along the line or plane those points make.  Repeat this as many times as necessary to cut out the area you want.

cusoman

• Autococker
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2007, 12:46:32 PM »
Alright well i finished beta 2. ;D
Things i changed:
-wider side routes.
-balcony extends into side routes
-more/better obstacles in middle route with ladders
-more/better lighting
-more/better barrels. now they are octagonal with varying textures.
-mini hill and misaligned sides are fixed
-added small secret area on the balconies that will eventually be useful in beta 3.

Things to do for beta 3.
-make secret area on both sides and have it be a tunnel to middle.
-make underground passage using cliping (ty jitspoe and eiii)

and here is the beta 2 map. screenies will be added later.
the textures one has the ctp1 textures for our friends without them! Have fun and pls leave comments and advise.

EDIT: Beta 3 Now Released, check first post for download.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2007, 04:35:29 PM by cusoman »

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2007, 05:40:37 PM »
I've recorded a demo of things that need revising.  I also put the map up on the beta server for play testing.

cusoman

• Autococker
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2007, 11:21:47 AM »
Beta 3 is coming along. Dont know when it will be out tho. Still deciding between a couple of things as well.

y00tz

• Autococker
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2007, 11:58:01 PM »
In this community, maps don't get finished unless someone bugs them, (or in some cases they don't get finished at all cough Chambord2, Terminal)

Anyway, have you made any progress?

Termin8oR

• Autococker
« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2007, 12:28:35 PM »
Not to be rude or anything, but in this early stage of the map I am currently not a fan.
But if you but more detail and extra work into im sure it could turn into a great map.
Keep up your hard work.