Author Topic: DNS help ( I need someone to visit thsi IP and tell me whats on it)  (Read 880 times)

KnacK

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker

I can't get to this IP address thru my firewall as it is listed as a gambling site.

I really don't want to drop that category on my firewall to see what it is.  One of my users is trying to go there and the only thing  I can determine is that it's a rackspace.com ip address in San Antonio.

So,

If someone could just visit the ip and tell me what site it goes to I'd be gratefull.

btw - pinging the site with dns resolution turned on does not return a valid name.

XtremeBain

• Developer
  • Autococker
Re: DNS help ( I need someone to visit thsi IP and tell me whats on it)
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2007, 07:22:39 AM »
It's a very tiny and simple search page.  White text/links on white background also....

Quote from: http://72.3.199.201/info.php
About Us

We're the Internet's new leader in search!

Well, not really... but we do aggregate search results from many of the Internet's leading pay-per-click (PPC) search engine providers. In turn, we believe this gives our users more accurate and higher quality search results than can be found elsewhere on the Internet. Our results are sourced from a variety of PPC search providers including but not limited to, Yahoo / Overture, Google, ePilot, Searchfeed, RevenuePilot, and ValueClick.

We drive search traffic to our site the old-fashioned way: we pay for it.

Using the various marketing channels available on the web such as, pay per click advertising, and banner, leaderboard, interstitial, skyscraper and text ads, we pay for visitors from some of the web's highest trafficked sites and top-tier search engines. We combine our ad buying prowess with our own proprietary advertising technology to serve relevant search results for our users.

Advertise

We do not directly accept advertisers’ listings at this time. However, advertisers interested in having their web site promoted via our aggregated search results can sign up as advertisers and submit PPC listings to the following PPC search providers:

Yahoo / Overture
Google
ePilot
Searchfeed
RevenuePilot
ValueClick

Privacy Policy

We are strongly committed to protecting and ensuring your right to privacy.

In order to improve our services and gain a better understanding of the users of our website, we may collect and store anonymous information such as time of day, browser type, country, search information, and IP address in our server logs. Throughout our site, we may use cookies to collect visitor information. A “cookie” is a piece of data stored on the user’s computer that uniquely identifies a user. We collect visitor information to uncover trends and analyze user behaviour to improve our website navigation and overall functionality.

We make every effort to preserve user privacy. However we may need to disclose personal information when required by law and when such action is necessary to comply with a current judicial proceeding, a court order, or legal process served on our Web site.

This site contains links to other sites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of the sites we link to. We take many precautions to protect any user information we collect. While we cannot guarantee that loss, misuse or alteration of data collected will not occur, we will act to prevent against any such occurrences.

In the event of a change in this policy, we will post the changes to our privacy policy here, and other places we deem appropriate.

Link to Us

Do you like us? If so, feel free to place a link to us from your own web page using whatever linking strategy, anchor text, or descriptive text you'd like (we're not picky).

Contact Us

We'd like to hear from you! If you have a question, suggestion, or a comment, send us a note. A member of our support staff will respond promptly to all valid inquiries.

KiLo

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2007, 09:03:42 AM »
72.3.199.201.com

About Us :  Advertise :  Privacy Policy :  Link to Us :  Contact Us

copyright © 2007 72.3.199.201.com

That's all I got when I put it in.

I was thinking KnacK was trying to get us on the Most Wanted List with that IP.

KnacK

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2007, 09:06:24 AM »
Thanks guys,

That's what I needed to know so I can block the IP, not just the domain and category.

Now, I just need to find out WHY my user is trying to go there.

KiLo

• Autococker
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2007, 09:09:41 AM »
This didn't show up in my quote but there was a Search Box between 72.3.199.201.com and About Us :  Advertise :  Privacy Policy :  Link to Us :  Contact Us.

Edit: Out of curiosity I searched for dplogin using that search box and I found that this site is a worthless piece of crap; it didn't even return any results.

KnacK

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2007, 09:29:17 AM »
Watchguard needs to hurry up with their next software release so I can implement seamless web access groups.  THEN i'll be able to check those sites.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2007, 08:07:06 PM »
It's probably just a cover page for adware/popups/other crap.  It doesn't return results for anything.