Author Topic: Just a matching discussion  (Read 2459 times)

Spook

• Autococker
Just a matching discussion
« on: August 21, 2007, 09:04:04 PM »
When clans like GT, Ch1ll, or OTB let people use their servers, i think it would be nice if they could assign what clans can use them if it's a match. Picture the server screen for like GT servers, choose Graffiti Paint Match 2, choose either match or scrim (match would enforce the ability for only 2 clans to join, tied into the global login accounts. Scrims for people to mess around in) This would definitely get rid of the ringers for matching, and would also give clans more knowledge of who they are actually playing. Just a small discussion i wanted to throw out there, keep the criticism to things constructive please.

KiLo

• Autococker
Re: Just a matching discussion
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2007, 09:07:07 PM »
I like this idea. There have been many times when I match and I think that I may be matching someone that isn't in a clan.

atmays

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2007, 12:34:15 AM »
Also I beleive all members in the clan should have Tag on or dont match.

Kaos

• VM-68
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2007, 12:39:44 AM »
Also I beleive all members in the clan should have Tag on or dont match.
some ppl never wear tags i dont think that ppl should have to wear them in order to match any one who plays this game can come on the site and check the members or ask them to put it on once + with the system spook is talking about global login accounts are tied with the server so it does it for u

XtremeBain

• Developer
  • Autococker
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2007, 08:24:45 AM »
Yeah this would be a neat idea, you can try feature voting it, but I don't think it will get very far.  The best that you can do is refuse to play clans who will not tag up.  Another idea would be to have jitspoe add a playerid search to the Global Login>Display Players page, so you could quickly check before playing.

Maybe an easy solution would be a cvar which would force a clan tag requirement, much like the login requirement, so that players could only join the server if they had their account tag and name on.

m7feettall

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2007, 12:46:58 PM »
Just check the login  clan page and if they are not in the clan don't let them match. That is how we handle it. Since the login lists them, and you can't spoof as easily someone on the login it should solve the problem.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2007, 09:23:37 PM »
Ultimately, I think the way to handle it would be to have a match system built into the login system, where clans would request a match, list the maps to be played, and receive a match ID that they could enter into the game server.  With the match ID entered, only members of the clans could join teams, and the scores would be saved to the clans records.

iEATnoobs

• VM-68
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2007, 09:27:37 PM »
Do it. Less talk more work.

wade

• VM-68
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2007, 12:01:09 AM »
Ultimately, I think the way to handle it would be to have a match system built into the login system, where clans would request a match, list the maps to be played, and receive a match ID that they could enter into the game server.  With the match ID entered, only members of the clans could join teams, and the scores would be saved to the clans records.

wow that would be great

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2007, 12:04:29 AM »
* jitspoe points to the voting thread.

Xile

• VM-68
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2007, 12:46:56 AM »
Well after a long debate me and wade have decided to take it upon ourselves to create some of our own rules to protect ourselves in these kind of situations. We have laid out some rules about matching us. If you don't agree to these rules then just don't match us. We have been devising ideas on how to make the community better. Obviously DFDP was a flunk because most of the people who backed it up, are banned for malicious behaviours now.

So we are taking our own steps from right on the front lines. We have revived the team Coldfusion formula that was once very respected by most, and not by a select few. We also elaborated all those details that made coldfusion what it was. Probably what we should have done in the first place. Anyways. You can checkout what we have came up with on our site
@ http://www.freewebs.com/dpcf/matchus.htm

I will be making a new thread for this because I think it's what a lot of clans should be doing. Hopefully they will follow and instate their own rules and regulations that the community really has no choice to abide by if they want to match them. It really just makes sense. And again, if u flame against this,  you're more then likely part of the problem. We were in a match a couple days ago, and one of the leader's was going off on his team mate on how much he sucked and that he should leave the match. Why would someone do that, to their own team?? Seriously.. how does that make him do any better? theres something wrong...

lekky

• Autococker
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2007, 07:38:13 AM »
I think those are the rules that every decent clan would follow anyway Xile. I don't think putting the other team on ignore is a good idea though, you need to have some sort of communication available between the two teams.

Xile

• VM-68
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2007, 10:06:45 AM »
I pretty much just meant that if it become a flame war, that will be the case. Because we just won't put up with it. Considering the match maps and tie maps are decided before the match, nobody should have to speak anyways. In those extreme circumstances, that will be the path we shall take. I have revised it to be more specific to excessiveness. Thanks for pointing that out lekky.