Author Topic: gah i cant work the scripts  (Read 6694 times)

killa

gah i cant work the scripts
« on: August 22, 2007, 01:20:43 PM »
omg i cant do it when i put double jump script in consol on main menu i put the script

alias waitlong "wait;wait;wait;wait"
alias +doublejump "+moveup;waitlong;-moveup;waitlong;+moveup;waitlong"
alias -doublejump "-moveup"
bind "SPACE" "+doublejump"

in some weird measages come in between them somtimes i close it join a game i press space nothing happens i press space n and b and i fly into anouther dimention i mean is that realy doubl jump or is it a bad script o yea when i try to fly in games i cant but when im eliminated i can im confued ither way it wont let  me double jump and when i out it in my config.cph i past it at the bottom and save it on notpad go to game and that flying things back but still i can only do it when im eliminated (and don't say to me to learn myself because i been trying 3 WEEKS AND ANT DONE ONE DOUBLE JUMP AT ALL!!!!!!!) HELP!!!!!!!!!!

KiLo

• Autococker
Re: gah i cant work the scripts
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2007, 01:26:30 PM »
Just go practice without a script and you will get the hang of it and learn yourself. :P

killa

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2007, 01:44:14 PM »
but i wana use a script please awrnser what i sed

XtremeBain

• Developer
  • Autococker
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2007, 01:50:50 PM »
Don't type that in your console, add it to your a file called autoexec.cfg in your config/ directory.

killaaa

• PGP
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2007, 02:58:42 PM »

killaaa

• PGP
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2007, 02:59:41 PM »
can u see it becoz i cant

killaaa

• PGP
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2007, 03:02:41 PM »
well if you cant i went to my documents and typed in C:\Games\Paintball2\pball\configs and a bunch on paintball 2 files came up like config and autoexec wasnt there

Zorchenhimer

• Autococker
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2007, 09:51:55 PM »
Trust me, you're gonna want to just learn how to DJ instead of using this script.

killaaa

• PGP
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2007, 04:17:52 AM »
i said i been trying 3weeks strait i really cant learn its so hard i see people jumping like 5 times higher then me over a ramp and i go about 2 meters maybe less i mean 3 weeks of trying mytictree that world record guy u know hes ranked best in paintball and he flyes through thegame literally hes my bros friend since secondary school there 16 know but he nv helps me so i really want to use a script PLEASE

killaaa

• PGP
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2007, 04:18:55 AM »
does anyone have hotmail that can explain to me how to use scripts please!

Zorchenhimer

• Autococker
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2007, 07:10:02 AM »
Ive got AIM, GTalk, ICQ, YIM, MSN and I'm on IRC every once in a while. My screen names are in my profile. And for the record, I've been playing since September/October of last year and I still haven't gotten double jumping down pat yet.

Edgecrusher

• Autococker
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2007, 07:14:31 AM »
Try not to use space for DJ. Instead put right mouse click for jumping.

killaaa

• PGP
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2007, 07:24:57 AM »
thx but it doesnt explain how to double jump i still wan use a script pleasse just explain :((((((((((((((((((((((((((

XtremeBain

• Developer
  • Autococker
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2007, 09:41:28 AM »
thx but it doesnt explain how to double jump i still wan use a script pleasse just explain :((((((((((((((((((((((((((

I think the smiley you're looking for is:

killaaa

• PGP
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2007, 10:13:47 AM »
dude please just tell me :( I BEG!

XtremeBain

• Developer
  • Autococker
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2007, 11:53:49 AM »
People jumping high off ramps or further than you isn't because of double jumping.  Double jumping is a precisely timed jump which allows for additional height when done from a low object (like a half-sized crate for example).

Increased speed, distance and height when exiting a ramp can be attributed to strafe jumping, which is not something that a script is going to be able to do for you.

I'd suggest taking a quick read through the ProGamers Q2 Jump guide.  I wouldn't suggest loading the demos unless you've already got a copy of Q2 installed and don't mind downloading a few jump maps.  All of the jumps described in this guide apply to PB2.
Note: Don't use 31fps constantly as suggested in certain places of that guide.  Your aim and reflexes will likely take a huge hit.

Apocalypse

• Autococker
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2007, 02:54:06 PM »
The auto exec config is config.cfg if you really want to use the script but I suggest you listen to XB also the double jump script doesn't work very well at all.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2007, 11:56:13 PM »

I think the smiley you're looking for is:

Haha, bain, I don't know why, but that was the funniest thing I've seen all night.

killa: I'd suggest searching the forums for some demos people have posted of jumping.  Watching demos is probably the fastest way to learn some of the jumping tricks.

killaaa

• PGP
« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2007, 03:54:17 AM »
i have tryed looking at demos on the guide XB just posted but when i download them my real player or my media player doesnt sopport it so i cnt see them :(

XtremeBain

• Developer
  • Autococker
« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2007, 07:57:46 AM »
Haha, bain, I don't know why, but that was the funniest thing I've seen all night.

I couldn't get the transparency to work in mspaint.

i have tryed looking at demos on the guide XB just posted but when i download them my real player or my media player doesnt sopport it so i cnt see them :(
I already said:
I wouldn't suggest loading the demos unless you've already got a copy of Q2 installed and don't mind downloading a few jump maps.

I don't have any demos of jumps handy, unfortunately.