Author Topic: Server Help  (Read 1532 times)

Clockwork

• Stingray
Server Help
« on: August 24, 2007, 02:25:10 AM »
Ok, so my setmasters are right, ports are forwarded, heartbeats are achnowledged, I really cant find whats wrong, any suggestions?

Cameron

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
Re: Server Help
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2007, 02:44:25 AM »
When u start a server if a black box pops up thats good(if u are a comp know it all like me its the cmd).  When the server starts even though i got my setmasters in the server config i always type setmaster dplogin.com in the black box cos sometimes it doesnt work.  Also do u hav a router cos u can forward ports on firewalls but if u hav a router u need 2 forward them there 2.

Clockwork

• Stingray
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2007, 02:47:17 AM »
I have a router, i do type setmaster like that, and my firewalls are off, even though I have forwarded the ports on that anyway.

KiLo

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2007, 06:23:32 AM »
Make sure that the server is execing the right server.cfg file. You can also try typing exec server.cfg or whatever the name of your server config is.

XtremeBain

• Developer
  • Autococker
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2007, 08:06:18 AM »
Make sure your ports are forwarded on UDP.  Some routers default to TCP only.  You can't go wrong with UDP+TCP though.  Also make sure that it's forwarded :27910 -> :27910.  It won't work well if you're doing :27910(WAN) -> :33333 (server on routered computer).

Worst case scenario, if your windows is up to snuff with it's security updates, try using the DMZ of your router to the computer where your server resides.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2007, 12:35:51 PM »
Take a look at http://dplogin.com/serverlist.php and make sure your ip and port are listed correctly.  Also, sometimes you can't see your own server, so have somebody else check it.

Clockwork

• Stingray
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2007, 12:12:34 AM »
Hmm, I have them forwarded on UDP, and my server is ther jitspoe, and I did get someone else to check =(, and kilo it is execing the right file