Author Topic: Killing a server  (Read 4005 times)

the-elementalist

• PGP
Re: Killing a server
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2007, 02:39:07 AM »
Flame, I am in your debt  :D!

The site is now on sever browser! I'm currently bugging the living heck out of my mate to try and connect but so far all seems good.

Kilo, as for what you said, that helps me get my severs heartbeat going, so although you helped (which I'm also thankful for), Flame really was right.

For the record, the sever name is [{AAA}] Clan Sever Public but since i come from the land down under, odds are I'll never have the server up when you're on  ;)

EDIT: Okay... what the hell?
Without doing anything to that black box, my sever was on serverbrowser for a while, then I closed severbrowser and when I came back it was gone... help?

FlaMe

• Autococker
« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2007, 05:02:13 AM »
yo elementalist. Get me on IRC and ill help you because forums are a little harder. Maybe you need to disable DHCP or something because you have a dynamic IP or something. I'm not sure.

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2007, 05:04:51 AM »
Disabling DHCP all together would be a bad idea, in my opinion, and would screw with the network for other computers. If your router doesn't support reserving IP addresses, then you should just shrink the IP range it assigns some and get the computer to use a static IP.

FlaMe

• Autococker
« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2007, 05:06:35 AM »
Eii that sounds good. I wasn't sure. When I tried to set up my router for port forwarding it told me to give the comp a Static and disable my DHCP so I went with that but a static is probably his best bet. Or maybe his config file is screwed up a little.

KiLo

• Autococker
« Reply #24 on: August 31, 2007, 07:00:13 AM »
EDIT: Okay... what the hell?
Without doing anything to that black box, my sever was on serverbrowser for a while, then I closed severbrowser and when I came back it was gone... help?

And I reiterate typing setmaster dplogin.com in the black box. For some reason the server will stop sending info to the server sometimes and this just usually restarts that process.