Author Topic: Character Start...need CONSTRUCTIVE Critisism  (Read 43469 times)

Eiii

• Autococker
Re: Character Start...need CONSTRUCTIVE Critisism
« Reply #100 on: June 25, 2005, 01:49:05 AM »
Pretty... at the rate you're going at, you'll be done in no time!

But hurry up anyway. ;)

Termin8oR

• Autococker
« Reply #101 on: June 25, 2005, 05:47:28 PM »
LoL, Lookins great... The rate your going in is wicked awsome fast and nice detail and cool looking characters.
Keep up the good work.

-Termin8oR

Spydie

« Reply #102 on: June 26, 2005, 07:35:03 PM »
Wow.. coming along great.. I think that change is good.. I love the pod idea. This would be a lot of change, but just an idea: you can choose from 2 or 3 different characters. I think the visuals of the characters would make the game more fun. On the HPA idea... people would never have to reload air, BUT, they would have to reload if you put in the pods

The comment about the baggy jeans: paintball players try to wear baggy clothes so it absorbs the impact of the ball and may even keep you in the game for a little. less ball breakage

S8NSSON

• Autococker
« Reply #103 on: June 27, 2005, 06:33:54 AM »
Multiple characters are planned, or at least the new model format and all the new stuff is being designed with adding more characters in mind. We will fully impliment this one character first before we go forward with other characters though.

Same for the skin. One skin first, then others can follow.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #104 on: June 27, 2005, 11:16:16 AM »

I think the yellow, blue, and purple areas should be colored, and the blue area grey/black.  It looks weird having the purple area grey.

Spydie

« Reply #105 on: June 27, 2005, 01:03:44 PM »
What about the pods and HPA idea.. do you know what you guys are doing with that yet?

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #106 on: June 27, 2005, 01:19:42 PM »
That's a bit off topic, and we aren't planning on any gameplay changes for the next version.

S8NSSON

• Autococker
« Reply #107 on: June 27, 2005, 03:49:01 PM »
I have it setup so you can make whatever area any color you want in any combination you so desire.
That is what that multicolored mask skin is supose to demonstrate.

So...have it your way, have it your way, have it your way at....um....sumthin sumthin.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #108 on: June 27, 2005, 04:19:21 PM »
Is the skin layout still the same? ie: if you used all red, would it just be one image? (aside from the lens)

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #109 on: June 27, 2005, 05:18:55 PM »
It might be easier if each section was a separate skin, for the custom coloring.

S8NSSON

• Autococker
« Reply #110 on: June 27, 2005, 05:27:37 PM »
The mask skin is ONE skin...in photoshop I have it arranged so that any of the parts can have any color turned on/off in what ever color arrangement you so wish.

So...what this means is...
You can create the default four skins right now, but for the future the PSD file is already set so you can mix and match colorings for when/if the player is given different configuration selections.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #111 on: June 27, 2005, 05:45:48 PM »
Oh, I thought you split the mask up to have multiple texture mappings.  So this is stuff that couldn't be changed in-game, it's just set up to be easier for you to control while creating the skins?

S8NSSON

• Autococker
« Reply #112 on: June 27, 2005, 07:17:34 PM »
yessir...now making multiple skins and having an in-game change system would be easier cause the PSD file is already set to create any combination of scheme you wish!!!

Spydie

« Reply #113 on: June 27, 2005, 08:10:11 PM »
i really have to give it to you all.. you progressing extremly fast..

Cobo

• Autococker
« Reply #114 on: June 27, 2005, 10:26:12 PM »
but if there are different skins on a game you wont know who are you teammates. that would make it very had to play.

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #115 on: June 28, 2005, 01:12:05 AM »
Where did my huph go?

S8NSSON

• Autococker
« Reply #116 on: June 28, 2005, 07:28:34 AM »
Ok...i know it's been hashed out, but a little demonstration never hurt.

Though it definately isn't ALL the possible combinations possible, here is a demonstration of the yellow mask in 17 possible variations.

Which do you like?

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #117 on: June 28, 2005, 10:31:56 AM »
4, but the area above the nose inside of the lens should be black.

The yellow also needs to be a lot warmer/brighter.  The current color is far too difficult to distinguish from green and will blend in with grass textures giving yellow a big advantage.

S8NSSON

• Autococker
« Reply #118 on: June 28, 2005, 11:32:26 AM »
no...the area above the nose inside the lens is part of the same structure that the part outside the lens is...therefore it should be the same material as the part outside the lens...therefore it should be YELLOW!

Now...the lens is simply transparent, all of it, including the solid rim. That solid rim will eventually be the separation between the inside and ouside of the lens ans seen on the image below.

Yellow outside and  inside lens:

New yellow better match:

Kinda tough to get the color right...hope this is satisfactoy mein feurer?

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #119 on: June 28, 2005, 12:32:49 PM »
Ah, my bad -- I guess it's only the area right next to the face that's black (the padding).  Some of these pictures are just deceptive, too...

http://www.splatsurbanassault.com/gear/jt-pro-flex-mask.gif

From your second pic, it doesn't look like the inside and outside of the lens is part of the same piece.   I think it's just set up almost like a pair of goggles with a face mask and visor that snap onto it.  Having it yellow is fine though, either way.  Just make the part right next to the face black (rubber padding).

The yellow looks better.  I think the dark area under the eyes is too dark, though.  Also, I forgot to mention this earlier, but make sure you have plenty of overlap of color on the edge of the meshes.  In other words, don't color perfectly in the lines.  If you do, when the skin scales down to lower resolutions, it will bleed in black (or whatever the background color is).  We also need to be able to reuse the skin for lower polygon models.