Author Topic: Committee Nominations  (Read 87597 times)

Spook

• Autococker
Re: Committee Nominations
« Reply #180 on: September 03, 2007, 09:52:36 PM »
The community is basically being active... whether it be irc, the forums, or in game, all of it is community interaction in some way. In game interactions just aren't as solid as forums or irc, because you're playing, and that's a small part of being an active member. Get well known, prove you can be unbiased (for the most part) and be respectful. Over time you will come to be considered a respectable community member, but as of right now, no one really knows who you are.

b00nlander

• Autococker
« Reply #181 on: September 03, 2007, 09:55:12 PM »
I don't really understand the concerns of some people here.  If there are players on the nominee list who are not well known due to the fact that they're rather new, they're less likely to get many votes compared to veteran players who are known to most everyone who is visiting these forums. I hope you will understand that your concerns should vanish when the voting process begins, and there is no need to flame.

You're making this into us saying we're better than you. That's not what it is- It's saying we have much more experience in being and dealing with this community than you. The servers themselves are really not social enough to be considered community interaction.

"dealing with this community" only points to the veteran community here, too.  you're basically leaving out the newer players

stacy

• PGP
« Reply #182 on: September 03, 2007, 10:00:13 PM »
And to write the person that u would nominate tahAt is just sad to c most people dot vote anyways it IS like 10 out of  100

flip

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #183 on: September 03, 2007, 10:01:02 PM »
I would like to say I m sorry if I flamed anyone. I will go back to the pubs where I belong. Sorry everyone.

nightryder

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #184 on: September 03, 2007, 10:08:30 PM »
I don't really understand the concerns of some people here.  If there are players on the nominee list who are not well known due to the fact that they're rather new, they're less likely to get many votes compared to veteran players who are known to most everyone who is visiting these forums. I hope you will understand that your concerns should vanish when the voting process begins, and there is no need to flame.

"dealing with this community" only points to the veteran community here, too.  you're basically leaving out the newer players

wouldnt be hard to get a friend to nominate you then have all your friends register and vote for you

atmays

• Autococker
« Reply #185 on: September 03, 2007, 10:11:52 PM »
Well im active in IRC, Matches, and Such. Been playing for bout A year. But yet im considered a new player, and a pubnewb. I like to match but when you match better clans they jus flame you and call you newb and scream you suck and all this.

I know pretty much everybody and I dont think I deserve to be on the commitee more than SIR.

Hes very helpful and He could help DP grow.

KiLo

• Autococker
« Reply #186 on: September 03, 2007, 10:15:14 PM »
I like to match but when you match better clans they jus flame you and call you newb and scream you suck and all this.

Where do you get that at? While in >LeG< I have matched/scrimmed clans like Ij, Starz, CC and they have never done anything like what you mentioned above.

P!nk

• Autococker
« Reply #187 on: September 03, 2007, 10:17:14 PM »
Because over the years I have tried many ways to better the community. And I don't think personally a committee would help much. Like I have stated before, I only included the question in the dp survey to get a rough outline of what people think. I did not intend for it to start anything real. And to be frank, I'm done trying to do what other people don't. It's time for someone else to step up to the plate and give it a shot because I'm just exausted. I'll just play the way I always have and enjoy myself as always. I don't think many people will change anyways. It's just the way the internet world is today. It's sad but true. I have many doubts that the community will ever regain it's integrity. I had a lot of people I thought were for the better good behind definedp. To my dismay, half of them have been banned for things that go against the code. So, really. People will always just do what the "cool" people want them to. And no, maybes were not counted as a yes. They were counted as undecided, which only 3 people voted this way. I just say good luck to those elected and I hope you have better luck then I did.

I agree that it's not going to be a huge fix, but it could help a bit, assuming the right people get on it. I can see why you're getting burned out, there have been a lot of projects lately that look great, then they die out quickly due to many reasons. This committee might end up representing more than it was originally supposed to.

I'll accept my nomination from Hobo, one potential problem is that I can't really be on IRC, well, I might, just not all the time. Also, the committee will be presenting weekly updates to the community, right?

One last thing, can someone drag Blitz in here to accept his nomination?

Actually, one more, what if all the current nominees are divided into categories so that we can be positive each group is "officially" represented?

stacy

• PGP
« Reply #188 on: September 03, 2007, 10:20:01 PM »
i think more newbies would be more mature about the game then people that play 5 years

Spook

• Autococker
« Reply #189 on: September 03, 2007, 10:20:40 PM »
Maturity comes with the people, not how long they've played

atmays

• Autococker
« Reply #190 on: September 03, 2007, 10:21:03 PM »
Where do you get that at? While in >LeG< I have matched/scrimmed clans like Ij, Starz, CC and they have never done anything like what you mentioned above.

Im not sayin it like Ij vs uR or one of the top clans.

Im sayin what if LEG match dbe and own them KILO knowin you, you would flame them all game.

like LOL THIS IS EASY, or PATHETIC

I say TOO EASY round people that know me and how I play, and they know im playin. But other little clans or jus startin clans take that to the head.

Now look how everyone treated DeW from start to endin. Most of them players was VETS. I say not committee worthy. and alot of the people nominated was part of the flaming of DeW.

sirwar

• PGP
« Reply #191 on: September 03, 2007, 10:24:04 PM »
As much as I appreciate your guys nomination. I would have to say I would not want to be on the committee. I'd would just like to do what I have been doing the last 5 years and that is playing quietly in the background enjoying the game. Simple as that.   

atmays

• Autococker
« Reply #192 on: September 03, 2007, 10:25:01 PM »
He been playin for 5 years shows how much alot of you know.

flip

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #193 on: September 03, 2007, 10:32:24 PM »
sorry sir... just thought you would be a good person to represent all us pub players. didnt mean for it to get outta hand. but it did bring out the best in all of us.  ;D

stacy

• PGP
« Reply #194 on: September 03, 2007, 10:37:39 PM »
shh jason or antohny will unleash em on u:)

flip

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #195 on: September 03, 2007, 10:47:15 PM »
oops.. must  ffaaaaddddeeee.

atmays

• Autococker
« Reply #196 on: September 03, 2007, 10:57:04 PM »
Maybe us PUBNEWBS as called should start a commitee similar to the senate to check the power of the committee (reps) so It could be more fair to everyone.

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #197 on: September 03, 2007, 11:15:03 PM »
You're over complicating things. We need a committee to take pressure off jits. One of the only ways to get on that committee is to be trusted in the community. The only way to be trusted in the community is to have been here for at least ten seconds or so. Don't expect to be able to jump in from playing and just lead.

atmays

• Autococker
« Reply #198 on: September 03, 2007, 11:18:29 PM »
My whole point is that if you play the game, and is dedicated to the game. You should have a chance to be heard. Not be classified as a PUBNEWB or whatever. I think for the game to grow, even the PUBNEWBS should have a say in somethings.

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #199 on: September 03, 2007, 11:20:06 PM »
People outside of the community won't be mute or ignored. Post on the forums, feature request, whatever. You'll be ridiculed as is needed.

OR, if your idea's good, we'll consider it and it might be implemented in like a few years.