Author Topic: Committee Nominations  (Read 89098 times)

atmays

• Autococker
Re: Committee Nominations
« Reply #200 on: September 03, 2007, 11:22:46 PM »
People outside of the community won't be mute or ignored. Post on the forums, feature request, whatever. You'll be ridiculed as is needed.

OR, if your idea's good, we'll consider it and it might be implemented in like a few years.

But noone is really tryna here what anyone from the pubs got to say. I say PUBNEWBS getttin turned around everytime they consider something.

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #201 on: September 03, 2007, 11:54:02 PM »
Examples in which the idea was reasonable but turned down because the person proposing it was new?

Mayhem

• Stingray
« Reply #202 on: September 04, 2007, 05:11:41 AM »
I agree that alot of "vets" don't seem to care about "newbs" and the problems they go through.
Alot of "vets" do actually laugh when you ask the questions that they don't know, and flame you when they beat you in matches or in pubs.
I think that most "vets" think they own the world and that all of the "newbs" should give up and quit.
It would be wrong if only "vets" were on the committee, it would be wrong if only "newbs" were on the committee, why can't we have both? insted of the few minor problems "vets" deal with.
Also if your not active in pub servers aren't you inactive in part of the community? ;)

magalhaes

• Autococker
« Reply #203 on: September 04, 2007, 05:24:41 AM »
Also if your not active in pub servers aren't you inactive in part of the community? ;)
Not really :D

anyway, end this stupid argue...lets wait for the vote, then everyone votes on who they think will be best suited for the job.

ViciouZ

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #204 on: September 04, 2007, 06:00:07 AM »
Well, in my opinion, "vets" are usually the friendliest most helpful players, and have generally been playing > 3 years. Vets meaning people like KnacK, Xile, Eiii, Reed, Pure, etc... The ones you're thinking of have been playing for 6 months - 2 years and still haven't reached puberty.

Edgecrusher

• Autococker
« Reply #205 on: September 04, 2007, 06:12:55 AM »
Well, how many and who is nominated? Forgive my lazyness.

XtremeBain

• Developer
  • Autococker
« Reply #206 on: September 04, 2007, 06:48:37 AM »
Hm.
I know your all against this comittee thing.
But as the community (actually, jitspoe :) ) decided to go trough with this you should just accept it because you know you are needed in this comittee.
You can be against it but also be a part of it since people think you are one of the best suited for the "job".
Also im pretty sure it wont take you much time. You will still have time to be a "community representative on GGC" or whatever you called it.

I'm only wasting my time typing this because if all the best people for the comittee resign...then this comittee becomes the worst idea from all time (And thats saying much, since it would have to fight for it with the idea of b squads).

The mandate for this committee isn't to bring change, innovation or an organized competitive environment to this game.  This committee is to decide the fate of name stealers, players who "didn't" cheat or griefers.  Basically jitspoe is taking all the criticism for any Global Login or Global Ban List decisions he makes and he feels that these judgements would be better left to a panel of community representatives.  As you can see this entire thing is turning into a popularity contest and all the players who haven't been around half as long as I have been calling out the "newbs" like they are incapable of making any logical decisions.

Feel free to nominate me for a committee which oversees the game design and delivery or one that's in charge of making a decent NA tournament, or maybe just take a look over at the Feature Vote thread and vote for some of the things I've suggested.

lekky

• Autococker
« Reply #207 on: September 04, 2007, 08:03:39 AM »
As soon as the words vote and nominate were typed people got the wrong end of the stick. I've tried to remind people previously what this thread is about, but it seems most people see the thread title and nothing else.

How long people have played this game for should have nothing to do with nominations. The things that count are maturity, abilty to see both sides of an argument and being able to put forward an unbiased judgement backed up with well-thought out arguments.

The main purpose of a potential committee is to help Jitspoe, and provide multiple viewpoints to situations that may or may not have occured before within the community.

Now with regards to so called "pub newbies" being nominated, that in itself is not the issue. The issue is that as they have not been part of the community, it is very hard to assess their nature, behaviour, maturity, decision making skills etc, thus making them slightly less favourable candidates than people we as the communty know about.

And please, try not to flame in this thread of all threads.

magalhaes

• Autococker
« Reply #208 on: September 04, 2007, 10:09:41 AM »
The mandate for this committee isn't to bring change, innovation or an organized competitive environment to this game.  This committee is to decide the fate of name stealers, players who "didn't" cheat or griefers.  Basically jitspoe is taking all the criticism for any Global Login or Global Ban List decisions he makes and he feels that these judgements would be better left to a panel of community representatives.  As you can see this entire thing is turning into a popularity contest and all the players who haven't been around half as long as I have been calling out the "newbs" like they are incapable of making any logical decisions.

Feel free to nominate me for a committee which oversees the game design and delivery or one that's in charge of making a decent NA tournament, or maybe just take a look over at the Feature Vote thread and vote for some of the things I've suggested.

off-topic: I'm so sorry english is not my mother language, so I cant make a beatifull text like the two above. :(

Bain, either way, you got nominated. Meaning at least someone thinks you are good for the job.
Even if the comittee is just for name stealers or players who "didnt" cheat, there are a lot of people wanting you in it.
Meaning? You are needed.
Now I understand if you dont want to waste your time on something you think is not very important, but then again i'm sure it wont take you much time.

Dirty_Taco

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #209 on: September 04, 2007, 11:06:39 AM »
Bain willing to offer his services for a tourny for DP and not wsw.

SiK2mIstOmiK

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #210 on: September 04, 2007, 11:34:57 AM »
Nominees:
b00nlander (Pureblood) - lekky
bitmate - XtremeBain
Calrathan - Zorchenhimer
cusoman - Garrett
DaRkNeSS - Flame
Eiii - Cobo
Herron - Y2J
KiLo - capo
KnacK - Apocalypse
lords8n (S8NSSON) - nightryder
Mayhem - magnus
Olbaid - James
P!nk - Krewzer
PainKe - Sonny
QueeNiE - deshi
Sonny - PainKe
Spook - Reaver
TheRealSoldier - [p4inTu]
Y2J - Herron
Zorchenhimer - Eiii

Pending nominees (need to accept or reject):
y00tz - Magical-Tree
loial21 - Edgecrusher_CRO
Blitz - P!nk
ViciouZ - y00tz
dystro - ch40s
Chef-Killer - T3RR0R15T
T3RR0R15T - Chef-Killer
Jens10 - DaRkNeSS
skater - Dirty_Taco
stephen schultz - CoLA
smokey - Ace
DirtyTaco - S8NSSON
Cameron - Rick
sk89q - nopyo
blaa - ViciouZ
Edge - atmays
J0E - bitmate
Dr. Rick Dagless M.D. - Reed
bob - ZeroLegend
lekky - magalhaes

Declined:
XtremeBain - b00nlander
Xile - wade
sirwar - flip
Cobo

Once again, you may only nominate one person unless your nominee declines your nomination.  b00nlander, wade, and flip, you may nominate another person, if you wish.  Please read through the list carefully.  If your name is not on the right side of the list, you either nominated more than one person, nominated somebody who had already been nominated, or I somehow missed your nomination.   Clearly state the one person you wish to nominate.  If you are on the left side of the pending list, state if you accept or reject the nomination.

ViciouZ

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #211 on: September 04, 2007, 11:45:36 AM »

Dirty_Taco

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #212 on: September 04, 2007, 12:12:10 PM »
If BoB accepts I accept.

KnacK

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #213 on: September 04, 2007, 12:18:49 PM »
I nominate Flip

lekky

• Autococker
« Reply #214 on: September 04, 2007, 01:12:36 PM »
I accept.

T3RR0R15T

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #215 on: September 04, 2007, 01:21:45 PM »
I too.

Wolf Man

• Stingray
« Reply #216 on: September 04, 2007, 02:39:17 PM »
I Nominate Smackwaters!!

Apocalypse

• Autococker
« Reply #217 on: September 04, 2007, 03:30:52 PM »
The problem with 'pub players' is that they have no clue what's going on in the community. I'm sure they could learn in most cases, but I'd be much more comfortable with someone who already knows what they're doing on the committee rather than someone who intends to pick it up as they go.
Hmmm..... nicely done Eiii, you do realize I pub more then match :P

y00tz

• Autococker
« Reply #218 on: September 04, 2007, 03:32:13 PM »
Thanks for the nomination Magical Tree, however, I decline.

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #219 on: September 04, 2007, 03:38:57 PM »
In this case, by 'Pub players' I didn't mean everyone who plays in pubs. I was referring to the people who seem to play this game for a while and then jump into the forums with suggestions.