Author Topic: Committee Nominations  (Read 89099 times)

Mayhem

• Stingray
Re: Committee Nominations
« Reply #220 on: September 04, 2007, 03:42:35 PM »
I nominate ch40s.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2007, 12:55:18 PM by Mayhem »

Apocalypse

• Autococker
« Reply #221 on: September 04, 2007, 04:09:46 PM »
In this case, by 'Pub players' I didn't mean everyone who plays in pubs. I was referring to the people who seem to play this game for a while and then jump into the forums with suggestions.
Hmmm.... I see although that wasn't the way I began, I respect them as I've noticed many do not it must take a lot of courage to come in front of all these people who could ridicule them for their radacal (not always good though) ideas. Take jens10 for example I doubt we'll ever see here on the forums again except with errors in the help and support section or w/e because she came in with idea yes I know it wouldn't fit in paintball and I know I wasn't the best either but the majority of us ridiculed her for her ideas we just lost one of many who could have become a great member of this forum community this is one thing I think this community could work on as a whole. Also I apologize if anyone takes any offense from this post I was only trying to let my ideas be known to everyone who cares to listen to me so again I'll say it try to respect them for who knows how they could turn out for all we know they could make a great contribution to Paintball and this community.
Thanks,
Apocalypse

y00tz

• Autococker
« Reply #222 on: September 04, 2007, 04:15:28 PM »
Take jens10 for example I doubt we'll ever see here on the forums again except with errors in the help and support section or w/e because she came in with idea yes I know it wouldn't fit in paintball and I know I wasn't the best either but the majority of us ridiculed her for her ideas we just lost one of many who could have become a great member of this forum community

Lying to people doesn't create great forum members.  If we're open and honest without flaming, then "Jens10" isn't necessarily more likely to stick around, but rather become a useful member of this board.

-y00tz

Olbaid

• Autococker
« Reply #223 on: September 04, 2007, 04:21:22 PM »
Any person who has been caught hacking before should not be allowed to get nominated..

Apocalypse

• Autococker
« Reply #224 on: September 04, 2007, 04:29:38 PM »
Lying to people doesn't create great forum members.  If we're open and honest without flaming, then "Jens10" isn't necessarily more likely to stick around, but rather become a useful member of this board.

-y00tz
That was not exactly what I meant I was saying many people were flaming her I don't know why I put ridiculed what I was trying to say there is that there is a difference between constructive criticism and flaming.

Zorchenhimer

• Autococker
« Reply #225 on: September 04, 2007, 06:27:27 PM »
Thanks for the nomination Magical Tree, however, I decline.

Wait, what? Why?

flip

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #226 on: September 04, 2007, 06:59:54 PM »

Herron

• VM-68
« Reply #227 on: September 04, 2007, 07:17:52 PM »
Any person who has been caught hacking before should not be allowed to get nominated..

i second that

Mayhem

• Stingray
« Reply #228 on: September 04, 2007, 07:44:08 PM »

DrRickDaglessMD

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #229 on: September 04, 2007, 08:08:26 PM »
Im afraid I have to reject the nomination, my hospital work takes up far too much of my time (or infact my dissertation very soon) so I won't be able to give it enough attention.

Thanks!

- Daygllles

Reed

• VM-68
« Reply #230 on: September 04, 2007, 08:28:20 PM »
Well, in my opinion, "vets" are usually the friendliest most helpful players, and have generally been playing > 3 years. Vets meaning people like KnacK, Xile, Eiii, Reed, Pure, etc...

Theres your committee right there :D

<3 you ViciouZ

ch40s

• VM-68
« Reply #231 on: September 04, 2007, 09:05:35 PM »
Someone explain to me why I'm not nominated, WOW

Olbaid

• Autococker
« Reply #232 on: September 04, 2007, 09:17:48 PM »
Someone explain to me why I'm not nominated, WOW

Because you made Razzle.  :D

ch40s

• VM-68
« Reply #233 on: September 04, 2007, 09:35:46 PM »
As much of a reason to vote for me as it isn't, just another one of my many l33t skillz to be jealous proud of.

JOE

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #234 on: September 05, 2007, 10:58:50 AM »

Pending nominees (need to accept or reject):
y00tz - Magical-Tree
loial21 - Edgecrusher_CRO
Blitz - P!nk
ViciouZ - y00tz
dystro - ch40s
Chef-Killer - T3RR0R15T
T3RR0R15T - Chef-Killer
Jens10 - DaRkNeSS
skater - Dirty_Taco
stephen schultz - CoLA
smokey - Ace
DirtyTaco - S8NSSON
Cameron - Rick
sk89q - nopyo
blaa - ViciouZ
Edge - atmays
J0E - bitmate
Dr. Rick Dagless M.D. - Reed
bob - ZeroLegend

I accept my nomination, I feel that I have a great knowledge of the game and being that I do not play anymore and am not an active member of the community there will be a smaller chance of playing favorites or having a bias when it comes to decision making about global bans, names stealing, and whatever else this comittee is going to do.  I am always connected to IRC and checkout whats happening frequently even though I dont say much.

bitmate

• Autococker
« Reply #235 on: September 05, 2007, 11:03:17 AM »
I accept my nomination, I feel that I have a great knowledge of the game and being that I do not play anymore and am not an active member of the community there will be a smaller chance of playing favorites or having a bias when it comes to decision making about global bans, names stealing, and whatever else this comittee is going to do.  I am always connected to IRC and checkout whats happening frequently even though I dont say much.
That's why I nominated you...

XtremeBain

• Developer
  • Autococker
« Reply #236 on: September 05, 2007, 11:34:03 AM »
That's why I nominated you...
I nominated you because like the enigma machine, you can decipher german flamewars.

blaa

• Autococker
« Reply #237 on: September 05, 2007, 11:38:20 AM »
One famous writer once said that there is an estonian in every port in the world....

I accpet my nomination (by viciouz).

Estonias national tv wants to broadcast the elections live, any dates yet?

XtremeBain

• Developer
  • Autococker
« Reply #238 on: September 05, 2007, 11:46:53 AM »
One famous writer once said that there is an estonian in every port in the world....

I think the world would be a better place if there were one less estonian in every port....

Mayhem

• Stingray
« Reply #239 on: September 05, 2007, 12:55:48 PM »