Author Topic: Funname Fonts Disabler  (Read 1386 times)

ViciouZ

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
Funname Fonts Disabler
« on: August 29, 2007, 09:43:28 AM »
After reading this thread, I have made a simple replacement character set that will replace the different funname fonts with uppercase of the normal font. Sadly, I don't think it possible to disable colours without changing the source code. Unzip this to your  pball\pics folder.

XtremeBain

• Developer
  • Autococker
Re: Funname Fonts Disabler
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2007, 09:55:29 AM »
Well you forgot the conchars1.tga that's used when overbright is disabled (I think).

Just open up pball\pics\conchars1.tga in GIMP/PS and start replacing characters.  I don't have either of these programs here at work, but you need to do some sort of light/colour transormation to make a similar conchars1ovb.tga if you're planning on distributing.

ViciouZ

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2007, 10:00:04 AM »
I modified that too, but that's just the plain white font... do I need to upload that? I didn't actually see that post :-/

edit: Fixed, file updated.

XtremeBain

• Developer
  • Autococker
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2007, 10:04:11 AM »
but that's just the plain white font

The colours get transposed onto that font, so to say.  I'm pretty sure one is for overbright on and the other for off.

ViciouZ

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2007, 10:08:21 AM »
Sounds right, considering the -ovb on the end... thanks.

y00tz

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2007, 11:37:58 AM »
Heh I've made a few funname replacement fonts too... I'll check yours out when I get home, but have you tried altering the color map as well?