Author Topic: Continentals  (Read 4889 times)

Apocalypse

• Autococker
Continentals
« on: September 01, 2007, 03:23:16 PM »
Hey guys in response to this thread http://dplogin.com/forums/index.php?topic=8667.0 I have decided to help organise a North American Cup.
First off a list of things we need....
- some webspace maybe just a sub domain off the nicely done europaint cup or some for real webspace I guess I'll call it.
- an IRC channel (I will make one shortly)
- some helpers
- some people to be in it (lol)
- a set of rules
- and of course a name
- a map list
- some servers

In this Cup there will be a 3v3 series and a series of three death matches decided by the lowest all added together placings.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2007, 07:52:36 AM by Apocalypse »

ViciouZ

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
Re: The Creation of a North American Cup
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2007, 03:40:14 PM »
I'll give you some webspace, if you need it.

nightryder

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2007, 05:01:20 PM »
call it continentals and are you going to have a maplist because if you do you should try to include the great maps as well specifically the good new maps.

KiLo

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2007, 06:23:26 PM »
if you do you should try to include the great maps as well specifically the good new maps.

* KiLo thinks of Kung Fu and Zen

Sonny

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2007, 06:33:38 PM »
who need a North American Cup?  ???

Zorchenhimer

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2007, 08:58:29 PM »
who need a North American Cup?  ???

So us Americans can play in a tourney/cup at reasonable hours and not have horrendous pings. :P

nopyo

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2007, 09:31:42 PM »
* KiLo thinks of Kung Fu and Zen

Lol, nice maps for an American cup. Asian maps ftw.

KiLo

• Autococker
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2007, 09:33:53 PM »
Lol, nice maps for an American cup. Asian maps ftw.

Don't be a smart ass. ;D

iEATnoobs

• VM-68
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2007, 09:53:26 PM »
Count Ij in and lets not make this a 1 day thing... go more for the PBCUP idea and have the matches spread out. Im sure you could also get some rules from there.

wade

• VM-68
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2007, 10:26:48 PM »
well sounds good

i'll help out with whatever i can ?

Dirty_Taco

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
_
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2007, 01:36:09 AM »
Post removed
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 12:08:08 AM by Dirty_Taco »

Apocalypse

• Autococker
Re: Continentals
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2007, 07:22:58 AM »
call it continentals and are you going to have a maplist because if you do you should try to include the great maps as well specifically the good new maps.
Hmmm.. I like that name I'll mark name off I forgot to mention the maplist. And thanks for such positive support DT :P
Also Viciouz that would be appreciated I'll create a basic layout for the site for you once I've received a bit more of the things requested and wade you could always help me with scheduling the matches reffing etc. if you'd like (this would be farther down the line though).

cusoman

• Autococker
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2007, 11:01:08 AM »
I have a good map list idea. How bout this tourny features only current beta maps. Theres quite a few and i think it would be good playing in all the maps in developement. For example The Tunnel b3, by Apoc, Mad Dash b2, by me!!!,Brownboards b1 (cuz b2 has terrible jumps), by Msh, Titian by Queenie, Zen by Dagless and Reed. I would say discovery but i think its too big for a 3v3 tourney. Anyway, just thoughts. BTW i love the idea of a North American cup!!! ;D ;D
Edit: AND Death From Below by osiris. That map could be fun. ;)

KiLo

• Autococker
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2007, 11:03:23 AM »
I like the idea cusoman but I think it is bad. Beta maps are beta for a reason. They still need to be play tested and have all the kinks worked out of them. This idead would work if the sole purpose of the tournament was to play test beta maps.

cusoman

• Autococker
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2007, 11:06:29 AM »
way to shoot me in the foot :P JK JK, but seriously, maybe a poll could be taken to determine what beta maps should be included in this tournament, because i really think tournaments should feature beta maps and bring them to peoples attention. There are lots of good beat maps out there. Just look at Zen (and mine  :P [uber biased]) ;D

KiLo

• Autococker
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2007, 11:09:01 AM »
I don't remember your map and am too lazy to look at it right now but take Zen. It may be tough to play in a tournament since it has horrid fps right now. Then for those over ambitious Europeans players that play in the tournament, they will basically get bent over between the terrible fps and the high ping.

This post is not meant to offend Reed and Dagless.

cusoman

• Autococker
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2007, 11:11:52 AM »
If you dont check the mapping section much then you probably missed my map. Its currently in beta 2, but it has a lot to go. Personally i dont get the bad of fps in Zen so i think it would be fun to play. And whats wrong with having a little advantage over our eruo players ;)

lekky

• Autococker
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2007, 12:52:14 PM »
I think you misunderstand what an actual beta map is. It is a map that is yet to be released. I think that many mappers may be reluctant to have their beta maps included in such a tournament while their maps are not the finished article they expect them to be. No no no. Don't try and defend it because it shouldn't be done.

DrRickDaglessMD

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2007, 06:37:26 PM »
well, im sorry KiLo but i'm EXTREMELY offended....

j/k, the fps are rubbish and the r_speeds make my eyes water. We're working on revisions at the moment and hopefully should be able to eliminate the problems with rubbish VIS'ing soon enough. We did originally intend Zen for match play (albeit 2vs2 instead of 3vs3 but we think it'd work a treat anyway).

PBCup seemed to work out pretty well when we played in it as 2B0, playing against xb and aB was really fun and even old clans like Krew joined in too. Plus, if you can get it together more legitimately than PBCup, like Europaint, with prizes and such and more importantly with sportsmanship in mind, I think it can turn out very well.

- Dag

p.s. Nopyo - we'll have to see about an old-time west map...if i can be bothered. Back To The Future 3 is on this sunday on ITV2, I'll watch it for inspiration. :P
« Last Edit: September 02, 2007, 07:10:47 PM by DrRickDaglessMD »

FlaMe

• Autococker
« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2007, 07:23:37 PM »
count me in if you need any help organizing or setting up IRC or anything