Author Topic: Racism  (Read 17345 times)

Alpha

• Stingray
Racism
« on: September 06, 2007, 10:04:27 PM »
Hey I've got a question...

For some reason I'm hearing often some words like "Nazi" or "f***ing germans" when I appear at a server.

And it's kind of annoying and I'm sick of playing pub,while some StarZ or aB players mean to call me names for no reason.

I think some of you guys should get the point of TODAYS politics of germany before talking...

So my question is:
Is there a possibility of getting people banned for talking racist BS?

I hope this thread won't turn into a flame-festival

Greetings
Alpha

Eiii

• Autococker
Re: Racism
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2007, 10:09:21 PM »
Perfect example for a committee issue! For now, it's up to the server's owner. It'll probably stay that way, but you never know.

Spook

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2007, 10:12:40 PM »
I doubt StarZ was making ethnic slurs, as we don't talk excrement unprovoked. Provide some names so I and the other *** can discuss it.

Alpha

• Stingray
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2007, 10:28:35 PM »
hmm hold on minute. i think in my anger i told something wrong.

Actually I think I took a "meeting" with Darkness for the starz player "bdog" i saw on a pub a few days ago... but I'm not sure...

So if I'm wrong,sorry about that to the whole starz clan.

And btw: this post shouldn't get anybody banned at this time... just wanted to make some of you think about what they are talking in front of germans.

We don't mind if you guys talk in a primitive way in your mirc-private chans.

Actually,i don't want to get all Americans a bad look:

Fact is,that I've never been called a "Nazi" by a french (!) or a polish guy...

I don't know if those guys who call somebody names are ALL American,because sometimes I can't see the different between English people,Australians and Americans.

Greetings

EDIT:
I doubt StarZ was making ethnic slurs, as we don't talk excrement unprovoked.

If you guys see calling sb a Nazi as "talking excrement",you should choose your words much wiser.
Nazis were bad people and I don't think,anyone who doesn't talk something with that H-Guy or behave like a Nazi should be called a Nazi...
I don't go on pubs and call black people "N*****".... I think it's totally unfair to call somebody like anything of that words i mentioned above.

And you should think about it,because the way Germans like me got treaten by some of yours makes me think like the only thing you learn at school about Germany would be politics from 1933-1945

Spook

• Autococker
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2007, 10:30:38 PM »
bdog, aka snapple never talks, so it wasn't the starz clan :D

KiLo

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2007, 11:04:11 PM »
bdog, aka snapple never talks, so it wasn't the starz clan :D

Yeah I joke around with bdog when he kills me and he still doesn't say anything.

atmays

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2007, 02:30:52 AM »
He talks to me.

(Mays lean back in chair feelin special)

WarWulf

• Autococker
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2007, 03:37:38 AM »
lol i know bdog in real life and yeah he uses those words all the time. nazi, nig**r and etc.. he doesnt really mean it as a racial slur, he even calls me homosexual\jewish\nazi\nig**r  all the time. i dont take offence to it. that is pretty funny that you would take offence to it, at least from my standpoint. specially since jitspoe has added in an ignore feature on dp :)

to use ignore. you hit the Tilda(~) and type in /names
it should show his name like this: 1) Bdog
that initial number is his player id
once you have his player id
you type in: /ignore "player_id"
then you wont hear him say anything

lekky

• Autococker
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2007, 07:33:30 AM »
Despite having no German Nationals in QeHs, we also get called Nazi's, etc, etc so I can understand Aplhy's point. It is discrimination and should not be tolerated. This issue has gone on far too long and those people it is directed at should not have to be as tolerant as they are.

Its getting to the point where...

For some reason I'm hearing often some words like "Nazi" or "f***ing germans" when I appear at a server.

...is the norm for a European player to have to ignore when entering a server.

WarWulf, this is not something that should go under the "/ignore playerid" response. We do not want this to be the norm for European players to have to deal with, and I can guarantee for you that it WILL stop new European players from playing this game.

We should cut this out of the game before it becomes a problem rather than a nuisance. The only problem with that is we are dealing with peoples innate characters, and that can be hard to change unless force is taken.

Kaos

• VM-68
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2007, 01:34:39 PM »
lekky tell me one thing after having civil right laws do ppl who are black call white ppl crackers and white ppl call black members of a socially disadvantaged class or black person  it doesnt matter if u put it against the rules cuz rules are always going to be broken like warwulf said i for one am one of those ppl who say jew nazi member of a socially disadvantaged class black person jus a reg daylife its not like i mean it i jus say it like every other word

WarWulf

• Autococker
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2007, 01:58:39 PM »

WarWulf, this is not something that should go under the "/ignore playerid" response. We do not want this to be the norm for European players to have to deal with, and I can guarantee for you that it WILL stop new European players from playing this game.

hmm if they are on teams\clans then its up to the longer playing members to show the newbies how to use ignore since there is no offical menu for it.  

*pokes jitspoe*
*hint hint* "ignore menu" *hint hint*

iEATnoobs

• VM-68
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2007, 02:03:36 PM »
How about you go play on your own horrible laggy german servers where us Americans dont play and you wont see us anymore and if your really that upset about this why match American clans? All i have to say is suck it up and stop being a bundle of twigs. People need to toughen up and not cry because someone called then a nazi as a joke.

atmays

• Autococker
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2007, 02:07:26 PM »
Actually

If someone is constantly doing it, It could become uncomfortable and very aggravating.

I understand where all is coming from. I would see it as a joke considering this is a online game.

I have been called N***** constantly I laughed it off.

But spammin it would get annoying if tahts what they are sayin

WarWulf

• Autococker
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2007, 02:09:07 PM »
ok i just got off the phone with snapple aka bdog and says he hasnt called anyone a nazi in over 4 years, but he may of called your country a 3rd world SH**hole though. he wants to see logs. of him calling you a nazi as you claim...... and if the logs are true then me and him are going to beat up his brother Rez on your behalf because sanpple says it didnt happen...

he only called raybans country a 3rd world sh**hole because rayban kept provoking bdog

How about you go play on your own horrible laggy german servers where us Americans dont play and you wont see us anymore and if your really that upset about this why match American clans? All i have to say is suck it up and stop being a bundle of twigs. People need to toughen up and not cry because someone called then a nazi as a joke.

id have to agree with ieatn00bs yesterday we were playing qehs and someone using the alias [q]Cool he said something about the gt servers sucking. soo i said at least our country doesnt smelll like piss and sh** yeah it was pretty mean of me. but thats just the way i am. dont start crap and you wont hear me make such awful comebacks :P

he was pinging 130.. they were all pinging below 150, when we get on to eruopean servers. we all ping 175-220.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2007, 01:44:09 AM by WarWulf »

atmays

• Autococker
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2007, 02:15:10 PM »
and if the logs are true then me and him are going to beat up his brother Rez on your behalf because sanpple says it didnt happen...

Why pick on rez?!!!

WarWulf

• Autococker
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2007, 02:25:34 PM »
cause if someone called alpha a nazi it wasnt snapple it was rez. they are brothers and share the same pc.....

atmays

• Autococker
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2007, 02:33:07 PM »
cause if someone called alpha a nazi it wasnt snapple it was rez. they are brothers and share the same pc.....

OO

REZ BRO I GOT YO BACK

JUS HIT ME UP I BE THERE ASAP

Alpha

• Stingray
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2007, 02:23:35 AM »
First of all:

ok i just got off the phone with snapple aka bdog and says he hasnt called anyone a nazi in over 4 years, but he may of called your country a 3rd world SH**hole though. he wants to see logs. of him calling you a nazi as you claim..

hmm hold on minute. i think in my anger i told something wrong.

Actually I think I took a "meeting" with Darkness for the starz player "bdog" i saw on a pub a few days ago... but I'm not sure...

So if I'm wrong,sorry about that to the whole starz clan.

How about you go play on your own horrible laggy german servers where us Americans dont play and you wont see us anymore and if your really that upset about this why match American clans?

Most time I play on OTB's and see there enough guys who are American,so much to "play on your own servers"
Call yourself Nazis,but spare the Europeans of it.

WarWulf

• Autococker
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2007, 04:30:12 AM »
uh.. lol i'm more of a Earthican then an american. i actaully was born in europe but never the less, thats not the topic. you have the choice to /ignore or deal with it. there are a lot of ignorant people on digital paintball. i've been playing this game for 10 years (august 17th 1997). yeah i spend a lot of time on pubs and know what goes on there. i am someone who has had to deal with worst things then just racism be happy its just silly name calling. ive tried pleading for help here in the past and it did no good, sick sad reality.

to use ignore. you hit the Tilda(~) to bring up the developers console
in there type in /names
it should show a list of name like this: 1) Bdog
that initial number is his player id which is "1"
once you have his player id
you type in: /ignore "player_id" example: /ignore 1
it will say: bdog is now on the ignore list.
then you wont hear him or anyone you ignore say anything else.
sadly this wont do it permanent but hopfully jitspoe will be solving that problem soon

« Last Edit: September 08, 2007, 05:06:58 AM by WarWulf »

flip

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2007, 10:52:29 AM »
in todays society is it really unexpected? do you really care? are you really a nazi? are you jewish? if so are you ashamed of being such? there will always be people in the world who feel so much braver when no one can see them. last evening during a conversation with fellow (CoW) members i mentioned my wife. someone then spamed obcenities about her. now i couldve went beserk and started a flame fest but i just ignored it. what you have to realize is that the ones who do speak like that would in all actuality get knocked on their little bottoms if they acted like that in "reality".  there will always be gutless wonders running through the on-line community.