Author Topic: Official bug list  (Read 11392 times)

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
Official bug list
« on: January 08, 2003, 11:31:32 AM »
This list will continue to be updated as new bugs come in and are fixed.  

- Crash! Game won't load!  (You must have an OpenGL capable video card, such as a GeForce series card.  If your card supports opengl, but Paintball II still won't load, try installing the latest drivers -- this has fixed problems for several people)
- Crashes in deathmatch mode (This is caused by null models -- sometimes player models don't get assigned correctly.  No temp fix for this -- next release will have this fixed)
- config overwritten with default
   (temp fix: delete pball/configs/default.cfg)
- crashes when trying to start a server from the menu
   (temp fix: copy maps.lst from your quake2/pball dir [if you have it] to paintball2/pball)
- HUD and crosshairs disappear on Voodoo and some ATI cards when particles are visible
   (temp fix: set cl_particles 0)
- 300 round hopper looks messed up.  (I didn't bother making a new skin for it since it's going to be ditched in the next server update.)
- Everyone holds a VM68 and the animations don't match the player model.  (I made the model to match the quake2 player model's animation, and haven't gotten around to making it match up with the new player model).

If you report a bug, be sure to include which video card you are using, and what exactly caused the bug to occur.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2003, 07:26:44 PM by jitspoe »

Snipen

• PGP
Re: Official bug list
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2003, 11:39:17 AM »
HEY JITPOE SNIPEN HERE THE HUD AND CROSSHAIR ONE DISAPPEAR ON FULLSCREEN MODE ONLY.... IF I RUN I WINDOWED IT DOESNT DO IT THOUGHT I LET YOU KNOW YOU GOT ANY IDEAS (VOODOO3..AS YOU KNOW)

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2003, 11:45:11 AM »
It sounds like a driver bug.  See if you can find some newer drivers.  Also, could you not type in all caps?

Snipen

• PGP
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2003, 01:01:45 PM »
ok sorry about the cap wasnt looking...ok heres wht i found so far it only does it in full screen and it happens only when the paintball hits .....not when i shoot like i thought.. if i shoot straight up in the air and the paint hits nothing then the hud stays on but if the paint hit something the hud disappears and reappears... i deleted all the sound files they have nothing to do with it(just in case) only with contact with an object does it happen..also only if im looking in the direction that the paint hits..if i shoot and turn the other way it doesnt flash...this is also the same with the grenade...also with other ppls shots too... (p.s.  wht drivers where you refering to ..just new video card drivers??)  thanks for the help i hope you can understand what im saying thanks again

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2003, 04:22:58 PM »
Yeah, video card drivers.

Does the hud stay invisible as long as you're looking at a spat or smoke, or is it just at the moment the splat/smoke is created that it disappears?

oddjob

• VM-68
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2003, 06:28:20 PM »
I dont know if anyone else noticed this but i shot a camper like 3 times square on the body and he didnt die. I dont know if i was seeing things or if this is a bug

FuNiOnZ

• PGP
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2003, 08:19:11 PM »
Yarr darn account got deleted... anyways..

Nice to see the new release, i noticed a few bugs, the water has this weird habit of changing color and doing weird epileptic seizure flash thingies to me.

Im using a GF4 Ti4600.

Also, i looked at your guys's 32bit textures, you do know you totally defeated the purpose of having them by making them the same size, you need to make 32bit textures 4x larger to maintain resolution, otherwise they get washed out. Put it to the test if you like, its been tried and proven already  :P

meat

• VM-68
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2003, 08:42:46 PM »
i noticed the same problem with the water, i use a geforce4 ti4200.

Snipen

• PGP
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2003, 11:17:05 PM »
JITSPOE YES ITS ONLY AT THE MOMENT OF THE SPLAT AND IT DOESNT DO IT ON SMOKE JUST PAINT GRENADES..ALSO I HAVE NOTICED THE WATER THING MINE GOES LIKE ALL WHITE.. THANKS

Snipen

• PGP
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2003, 11:58:13 PM »
sorry caps again...anyway just found out something strange when i fire around water it turns the water white and the hud stays ..as long as i am around water the hud stays but if theres no water the hud flashes when the paint splats...me a suicide king was checking ti out he has a voodoo3 too and has exactly the same problems that i do ...also i dont know if i said anything about ti but when this flash occurs the consol and the score box will go black also...thanks for the help

P.S.  it doesnt do this in windowed mode but at 800x600 u cant see chat its up too high in the window can u adjsut it so that the chat is lower cause if the flash cant be fixed for voodoo3 at fullscreen mode then  playing it in windowed mode  isnt to bad at 800x600 its like full screen anyway just cant see chat remarks and stuff thanks again to  jitspoe

Blitz

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2003, 03:48:03 AM »
The water textures arn't display correctly here - just a sheet of glass that likes to suddenly blind my eyes with seizures of color. 64MBDDR GF3

oddjob

• VM-68
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2003, 02:00:05 PM »
I find that the maps with blue and purple for team colors are very hard to tell which player is which color. I suggest making the purple a darker purple than what it is now

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2003, 06:21:20 PM »
Blue is darker than purple, so if I make it darker, it'll be even harder to tell...

meat

• VM-68
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2003, 08:10:52 PM »
what about changing that color all together, like to something in the shade of green or maybe pink?

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2003, 11:20:01 AM »
It is somewhat pink already.  Green would be almost like camo on some maps, so I don't think that's a good idea, plus it would require changing a buttload of textures and stuff.

meat

• VM-68
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2003, 05:17:41 PM »
good point

what about white though, it could work, but i think they would stand out like a white guy in harlem. just a thought though...

RoyalBlood

• VM-68
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2003, 08:11:10 AM »
Just make blue brighter....duh.  Like more of a cyan.

White might be a good idea.  Replace yellow with white, cuz yellow is hard to make out a lot of times.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2003, 08:13:00 AM by RoyalBlood »

Blitz

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2003, 08:45:36 AM »
Considering half of the textures are color themed, it'd be too much trouble to change the color. After all, they were fine before. Perhap's a toggleable player brightness, since now gl_modulate is more directly linked to the map.

RoyalBlood

• VM-68
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2003, 12:23:02 PM »
Mine crashes on excecution.  Any suggestions?  I tried running it from the command line also to no avail.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2003, 12:59:22 AM by jitspoe »

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2003, 01:50:21 PM »
Maybe tell microsoft about the problem? lol.  Ghetto error screen (and theme).  I don't know if it would help at all, but it might help if you showed the full error report.  Also, what video card do you use?