Author Topic: Hellwhat  (Read 1919 times)

loial21

• Autococker
Hellwhat
« on: September 12, 2007, 03:32:59 AM »
Got a bug to report. This forum will not allow me to upload the demo. oops
Hellsurvivors:

An known texture error that was seen by all.

In the blue base only......dont laugh...a textureless box(about the height of a player model and as wide as two and as deep as one) floated in a a counterclockwise manor (looking inwards from center-entrance blue base)

Lost documented visual comfirmation
(I took the time to track this and tried to stand in front of it etc...it was not corporeal in the map...as i got close to blue flag in a strait line towards center, entrance point..I noticed that the 'block' would enter and exit the same point and the rotation remand constant, only faster and more in my path as i got towards the back of the map nearer the flag.)

Umm WTF?

In all q2 and teamfortess I have never seen this nor have I ever been told about anysuch thing, on any map built on this engine.

KnacK

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
Re: Hellwhat
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2007, 04:37:47 AM »
You've been smoking the same stuff that MONEY has when MONEY got a demo of the floating door in Grave.

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2007, 12:27:04 AM »
Any idea what causes this?
Aside from what I smoke.

Spook

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2007, 12:29:05 AM »
Old age :P

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2007, 03:05:12 AM »
Nice female skin avatar btw. Alita?>

DrRickDaglessMD

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2007, 06:09:55 AM »
Very weird, on my client it was textured with the white and grey tiles and didnt show up wireframed with gl_showtris 1 on.

A veritable ghost box.

- Dagless

y00tz

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2007, 06:11:16 AM »
Very weird, on my client it was textured with the white and grey tiles

That would be the texture the game uses when it has no texture, thus it was untextured.

sk89q

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2007, 09:23:20 AM »
That would be the texture the game uses when it has no texture, thus it was untextured.

Actually, on the contrary...

Hell Survivors actually uses that tile texture on the undersides and also sides of the map where you can't visit.

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2007, 02:15:57 AM »
Here is my concern. This was not stationary nor present any where else. In fact, unless costom models were enabled for download I have never seen an anomaly as big as this in Q2.

(My perception)
It followed me always backing up, never to intercept my model, only a slow deflection backwards until-it shot out....at that point it ran along the base wall just wide and tall enough to cover the flag. My first preclusion was radar. 2 or 3d. Sorry if wrong.

Thoughts?

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2007, 09:58:32 AM »
Thoughts?
It's a server-side bug that's been recorded once before. It happens at the beginning of a map or not at all- restarting the map will fix it just fine.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2007, 05:21:29 PM »
This was reported once before.  My first guess was that the capture point (base) entity somehow got turned into a func_rotating entity, but it looks like capturing the flag was still possible, so that probably isn't it.  I'm not sure what causes it or how to fix it, but it seems pretty rare.  I may have to revisit the entity code at some point.  There were a lot of little bugs in the quake2 code that did not surface until something else was changed.