Author Topic: Map Compile Jams - whats wrong?  (Read 944 times)

blaa

• Autococker
Map Compile Jams - whats wrong?
« on: September 14, 2007, 08:41:58 AM »
 I've had my map compile jammed multiple times. Usually I just restarted the compile process. Just now as I was compiling myland_b4 I saw something interesting, for me. The compile jammed at qvis3, at the end of the 2nd line. It had stayed like that for like 45min or so (dont know for sure, was watching vuelta aswell), so, tried to restart the process, by first closing the application with alt+f4, this somehow started the compile again, it finished the qvis3 phase and jumped to the lighting part. But it didnt start from there. Then I started to click with my mouse, once with right once with left click, done that a few times I notices a change in the applications header:
Select: C:/winnt/system32/cmd.exe turned into
C:/winnt/system32/cmd.exe and vice versa.

Quickly I realized that when the header has select in front of it, it doesnt work.

Alt+f4 wasnt gonna close the app. it just changed the header (I guess it did more than that =)).

Havent really seen any threads about people whining why their compile wont finish, but since that problem had occured to me time to time and I guess I found a way to fix it, then why not post it here to help somebody.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
Re: Map Compile Jams - whats wrong?
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2007, 05:11:15 PM »
If you have quick edit mode on (for the command prompt), clicking on the window will select text.  Pressing enter copies it.  No need to close the app, just hit enter and it should resume.

blaa

• Autococker
Re: Map Compile Jams - whats wrong?
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2007, 06:03:18 PM »
Yes, I know.