Author Topic: Commiting Suicide with Nades  (Read 11082 times)

Xena

• VM-68
Re: Commiting Suicide with Nades
« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2007, 09:51:59 PM »
I would also like to see the grenade defaults changed from 2 paint 1 smoke to 1 paint 3 smoke.  Smoke grenades can be very strategic, but no so much when people throw the only one just to pick up that last paint grenade.

interesting idea but you're going to have a bunch of people throw the smoke nade and go for the paint and smoke their own base... why can't some people learn to the the "drop grenade" command? The default setting is 6.

i get what termin8or is saying cause it's very frustrating to throw the nade as a teammate walk/run in front of you. but i guess you just need to learn to where you throw it. the idea has its pros and cons.

Termin8oR

• Autococker
« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2007, 10:00:17 PM »
yeah it has major advantages and disadvantages.

But like I have been saying instead of a suicide 50% of the time maybe a loss of paint balls or drops your gun automatically?
Something other than a death.

Herron

• VM-68
« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2007, 01:00:47 AM »
only sissies use primed grenades

Playah

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2007, 09:54:52 AM »
IF there really is going to be done something, then just make the nades paint reach less.
I'm fine with it how it is at the moment.

lekky

• Autococker
« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2007, 01:48:57 PM »
Grenade suicides are the only thing that keeps newbies and europeans from grenade rushing every round.

Considering you said that, I find its usually the kids pinging over 100 in OTB servers that actually kill themeselves every round, followed by "gee whizz, this darn grenade killed me again ma"

Xena

• VM-68
« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2007, 06:59:22 PM »
to which you get the "noob" responds... lol

loss of paintball is not a good idea since you just pick up stuff later. you want a penalty on the suicides... dropping the gun automatically means you still have the pgp. they can still defend themselves

how 'bout this... rather then dropping the gun automatically, your co2 reloads itself automatically? you can't shoot and you're totally defenseless... now you definitely need your evading skills

magalhaes

• Autococker
« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2007, 06:59:41 PM »
When is someone like bain doing that kind of comments (and its not the first time), instead of the usual ignorant americans, i really feel like theres nothing we can do besides live with it, wich is really sad..
meh..who cares, just a game right? :)

Xena

• VM-68
« Reply #27 on: September 21, 2007, 07:03:13 PM »
yup :) if only some kids realize it's only a game...

Termin8oR

• Autococker
« Reply #28 on: September 21, 2007, 09:36:36 PM »
Reloading your air automatically is another good suggestion and i would rather that then a suicide added to my score.
And the suicide eliminates me from that round.

spacepirate

• PGP
« Reply #29 on: September 21, 2007, 10:13:38 PM »
How about making the nades less bouncy?  Is that even an option?

Dirty_Taco

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #30 on: September 22, 2007, 07:46:45 AM »
Grenade suicides are the only thing that keeps newbies and europeans from grenade rushing every round.  I think grenade ffire should be turned on as well.  I would also like to see the grenade defaults changed from 2 paint 1 smoke to 1 paint 3 smoke.  Smoke grenades can be very strategic, but no so much when people throw the only one just to pick up that last paint grenade.

qft

If you've ever played a map like PBCup where a team is able to throw insta-nades at their feet then you know where Xbain is coming from.

Fullmetal_Steeb

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #31 on: September 22, 2007, 06:21:42 PM »
Taking paint away? What's the logic behind that?
Would a person, in a real game, throw a nade, hit a tree or some such object,
get covered in their own paint,
flip their gun over and let their balls out of the hopper, and be back in?

That idea makes absolutely no sense, as well as making the game even MORE unrealistic
which is bad. I'm afraid to ask how you got this idea, for fear you might answer
that your little sister told you to suggest it.

DaRkNeSS

• Autococker
« Reply #32 on: September 23, 2007, 12:15:07 AM »
Chillout fullmetal, although I don't like the idea either, it's not as whack as many of the ideas that have been suggested.

Fullmetal_Steeb

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #33 on: September 23, 2007, 10:48:07 AM »
Yeah, but still... it may not be as whack, but it makes alot less sense.

lekky

• Autococker
« Reply #34 on: September 23, 2007, 11:37:45 AM »
Yeah, but still... it may not be as whack, but it makes alot less sense.

Have you read some of the other recent suggestions? :P

Fullmetal_Steeb

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #35 on: September 23, 2007, 07:10:49 PM »
losing paint does nothing in maps where theres alot of boxes.

blaa

• Autococker
« Reply #36 on: September 24, 2007, 10:51:24 AM »
losing paint does nothing in maps where theres alot of boxes.

that made sense

XtremeBain

• Developer
  • Autococker
« Reply #37 on: September 24, 2007, 01:59:04 PM »
what has does fact a player is european have to do with them being compelled to grenade rush every round?
Considering you said that, I find its usually the kids pinging over 100 in OTB servers that actually kill themeselves every round, followed by "gee whizz, this darn grenade killed me again ma"
When is someone like bain doing that kind of comments (and its not the first time), instead of the usual ignorant americans, i really feel like theres nothing we can do besides live with it, wich is really sad..

Sorry for acting all American and "hating on" Europeans.  Let me clarify my post.

If you are European and have started playing before July 9th 2001, then this and my previous statement were not intended towards you (I am truly sorry, Ruddy :'().  Regardless of whether or not you are European and you have started playing on or after July 9th 2001, then you have never had the experience of playing with the original paint grenades.  If you have never played with the original paint grenades, then it is highly likely that your tactics when it comes to the use of the paint grenades probably have involved you throwing them at your feet to eliminate up to 6 opponents at once.

During this time; since there are typically two paint grenades for each team, which spawn every thirty seconds, by the end of a map your feet are probably covered in your own paint.  Since jitspoe has enforced the grenade suicide rule, players' pants and shoes have much cleaner and paint grenade spam is almost tolerable by those who have started playing prior to July 9th 2001.

The standard grenade settings as they are right now are pretty good considering how horrible they've been in recent years.  For competitive rules, I wouldn't mind seeing friendly fire turned on for grenades since throwing them besides teammates to save them is pretty cheap.  This is definitely not a feasible setting for pubs though.

I think that losing your ammo, gun, hopper, barrel, whatever isn't a very good idea either.  Grenade suicide is a concequence you have to take when using this ultra-death weapon.  If you unbind +tossgren from your panic button, you won't kill yourself with them nearly as much.  I've probably killed myself with a paint grenade twice in the last ten matches.  I can say I've foolishly jumped into the most obvious lines a lot more than twice in those same ten.

Fullmetal_Steeb

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #38 on: September 24, 2007, 05:31:45 PM »
that made sense
*boxes of ammo. Sorry, I thought it was pretty obvious what I was talking about.

Thank you XtremeBain. Finally some one else realizes what I've been saying.

Xena

• VM-68
« Reply #39 on: September 24, 2007, 07:17:27 PM »
xtremebain... that's the most logical thing i've read. it's been years since i played dp (as q2mod) that i dont remember the settings... but i still love those old maps :)

people should either learn to throw a grenade properly or unbind it (as xtremebain said).