Author Topic: jitspoe's .plan  (Read 278145 times)

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
Re: jitspoe's .plan
« Reply #140 on: February 15, 2006, 01:40:44 PM »
Yes, it just lets him.  I don't think it will cause too much of an issue, though.

There's one problem I still need to address: disconnecting when a player is about to cap.  I'll save that for later, though.  I need to get build 16 done.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #141 on: February 21, 2006, 01:37:38 AM »
Argh.  So close, but in addition to the last few things I need to wrap up, some new bug appeared -- some buffer overflow issue.  It's always something. >:(

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #142 on: February 22, 2006, 01:43:07 PM »
Between CVS issues and stupid bugs that recently surfaced (which weren't even in my code), I've lost 2 days of development time and 2 nights of sleep, but I think I'm back on track now.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #143 on: February 24, 2006, 01:33:59 PM »
Added a removetbans command.  Also fixed some bugs with tban (needs some testing though).  Fixed some more bugs in general, too.  Buffer overflows are evil.  I really need to rewrite a bunch of stuff to help protect against that, but I'll save it for a later date.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #144 on: February 28, 2006, 03:41:45 AM »
Sheesh, forgot how much work it is to put these installers together, but build 16 has "gone gold" now.  Now it's just a matter of getting everything uploaded, news posted, etc.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #145 on: March 08, 2006, 02:23:40 AM »
Fixed the attempting to download .md2 files when you already have a .skm.
Fixed match password timing out when allow_match isn't set.
Cleaned up condump command - strips extended codes and formatting out now so you can get readable text.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #146 on: March 11, 2006, 04:27:32 AM »
Bleh, so much to be done before I can even really get started working on build 17.  We'll I've already "started", but it's just been minor bug fixes, like th stuff mentioned above, and today I fixed the flickering problem with reflective water (you can fix it yourself simply by setting gl_ztrick to 0).  Most of the stuff I need to do is web related:
- The forum theme I think needs to be completely redone from scratch in order to make sure it's 100% compatible with the new SMF.
- The spam-me-not mod needs to be rewritten for the new version.  I can't believe with its popularity and all the SMF users that nobody's updated it.  Oh well.
- GBL needs to actually expire the bans after players have "done their time".
- GBL needs a public listing with player names/descriptions.

... eh, went off and did something else, lost my train of thought.  I've also been working on the wiki.  Man, it's so much faster than dokuwiki and I haven't even optimized it yet.  I've got it backing up files now, though there's no way to access those backups from the web interface yet... I still need to add image uploading, and probably some kind of login system as well.  I kind of liked the namespaces that dokuwiki had, but those require so much more organization... in a way that's good, because it helps keep things organized, but if you don't lay everything out properly to begin with, it becomes a pain, so I haven't decided if I want to put them in the paintball wiki or not.

Meh, I'm just rambling because I can't sleep.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #147 on: May 03, 2006, 10:52:50 PM »
Well, the forums seem to be pretty straightened out for the most part.  I haven't messed much with the GBL since there haven't been many cheats detected recently.  I hope that means less people have been cheating recently.  Naturally, I'm continuing to improve the cheat detection.  That aspect is probably going to take the majority of the development time now.  I haven't gotten any code in for the login system yet, but I have a better idea of where I'll be going with it.

Here are a few misc. things I've changed since my last .plan:
- No longer tries to download .md2 files if the .skm file exists (ie: pongball.md2)
- Fixed paths and case sensitivity in fopen function for better linux compatibility.
- Fixed r_reflective water with gl_ztrick 1 (ztrick just gets disabled, but the screen doesn't flicker).
- r_speeds now account for water polygons and reflective water.
- defaulted cl_sleep to 0 because it caused some framerate/choppy issues with some people.
- Added simple file check to warn people that modifying content will result in a ban.
- Made "build" serverinfo, so you can see what build a server is running from server browsers.
- Screenshots work in the console again.
- Tweaked alpha channel a bit when mipmapping so textures like fences don't disappear in the distance.
- g_consolechat cvar to enable/disable automatic "say" when things are typed at the console.
- Changed "TimeElapsed" to "TimeLeft"
- used EV_OTHER_TELEPORT when moving items back to their origin so they don't "fly through everything" to get there.
- pong_nokill cvar.
- removeip fixed to not require 2 parameters when only 1 is needed.
- particle effect removed for players spawning in DM mode.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #148 on: May 04, 2006, 08:33:37 PM »
Bain discovered that the cause of Keygrip2 not working with paintball2 was because the window was titled "Paintball 2" instead of "Quake 2", so I added a cvar to change this: vid_windowclassname.  Setting it to "Quake 2" will make it work with keygrip, in theory.

GreenAffairz

• Autococker
« Reply #149 on: May 04, 2006, 08:50:07 PM »
I need it =(

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #150 on: May 05, 2006, 11:57:23 AM »
GreenAffairz: Bain has a copy of the one I hardcoded to be "Quake 2".  You could use that.  I'm going to be gone this weekend.  I don't think I'll have a chance to send it to you.

I've been researching methods for hardware bans.  This should certainly make people think twice about cheating as they won't be able to avoid bans by a simple IP change anymore.  PunkBuster uses this and from what I hear, it's pretty effective.

GreenAffairz

• Autococker
« Reply #151 on: May 05, 2006, 05:15:17 PM »
ok thanks jitspoe, ill be sure to get it from Xbain.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #152 on: June 02, 2006, 05:11:16 PM »
Another update:

- Linux input fixes from jdolan (you may need to set in_dgamouse to 0 if you have problems now).
- Minor optimization in file reading.
- Tried to fix screenshot lag problem.

- bugfix: if you prime a grenade then use tossgren, you can fire now.
- Fixed crash with "rotation clear"
- Fixed crash with only 1 map in rotation.
- Fixed bug where if you switched teams while a shot you fired was midflight, you could get a teamkill, even though you killed what was an opponent.
- Fixed bug where if you hold the jump key down and walk down a hill, it plays the jump sound repeatedly.
- Fixed the idle on connection bug where new players are sometimes put on observer.

I've also been making progress with libgcrypt to get the login system implemented.

Edit: Forgot to mention that I'm tracking most of these bugs and stuff on sourceforge.net: http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=89601&atid=590703  Primarily because it increases the activity rating on sf.net. :)

toM|vendettA

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #153 on: June 08, 2006, 10:07:11 AM »
Jitspoe, you really need a development blog, in my opinion it looks alot nicer and is easier for us to read. I have a sample DP template that I made a while ago, I'll set up a sample blog to show you, but I am at school at the moment.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #154 on: June 08, 2006, 11:42:34 AM »
I could just use the front page news, but nobody reads that. :)

afortier

• Stingray
« Reply #155 on: June 12, 2006, 12:34:31 PM »
Would you like an autorun front-end made for this project, one that would launch the installer or the game, play music, and have motion logo?

GreenAffairz

• Autococker
« Reply #156 on: June 12, 2006, 12:36:33 PM »
lol that sounds flashy.  ;D

afortier

• Stingray
« Reply #157 on: June 12, 2006, 01:38:57 PM »
I did it with quake II source... its quite nice, ill post some animated gifs later...

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #158 on: June 12, 2006, 02:00:22 PM »
I don't really see the point in an auto-run frontend.  Just opening paintball2.exe loads up the game.  What else do you need?

bitmate

• Autococker
« Reply #159 on: June 12, 2006, 02:20:52 PM »
Some uber flashy light effects and sounds :)