Author Topic: jitspoe's .plan  (Read 278147 times)

Eiii

• Autococker
Re: jitspoe's .plan
« Reply #100 on: November 13, 2005, 03:14:36 PM »
But doesn't that make observerblackout useless? I'm sure you get it, I'm just not feeling good today.

XtremeBain

• Developer
  • Autococker
« Reply #101 on: November 13, 2005, 03:34:35 PM »
Hey jitspoe, I came across http://www.r1ch.net/forum/index.php?topic=616.0 regarding prediction misses on the Linux server binaries.  Is this what you've been trying to track down?

eiii: I think that observer blackout is most effective in stopping observers of the other clan from seeing me and my teammates' location and relaying it through voice communication back to my opponents.  However, I don't mind if my teammate's are aware of my location, since I have confidence in them that they will not be doing any covert operations to help the opponent, so using specinvite I will allow them to chasecam me, instead of staring at a black screen.

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #102 on: November 13, 2005, 05:09:33 PM »
D'oh. I get it. Silly/stupid me.

digi

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #103 on: November 13, 2005, 05:34:34 PM »
I doubt that'll ever be used. I don't really see the point... Enh.

Says you... when was the last time you matched?
It'll ALWAYS be used. Almost every match (vs germans specifically) they have 3 specs viewing our team giving recon.

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #104 on: November 13, 2005, 05:54:15 PM »
...I'm just not feeling good today.

That's my excuse. I didn't understand it.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #105 on: November 14, 2005, 12:05:33 AM »
Bain: I got the prediction issues worked out earlier, but thanks.  Still need to figure out the crouch-up-hill bug, though.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #106 on: November 14, 2005, 02:20:07 AM »
I think I neglected to mention this before, but I added a localhost_auto_op cvar, enabled by default.  If you're running a local (listen) server, you will automatically be opped at level 200.  This should make it easier on new players testing out the game, since there always seems to be a lot of confusion as to how to set up logins and whatnot.

b00nlander

• Autococker
« Reply #107 on: November 14, 2005, 02:01:43 PM »
I doubt that'll ever be used. I don't really see the point... Enh.

Says you... when was the last time you matched?
It'll ALWAYS be used. Almost every match (vs germans specifically) they have 3 specs viewing our team giving recon.

heh digi, thats bullsh.it :)  last match, there were NO observers on the memi-server, but 4 (altogether) on YOUR server...  so dont pick on us. okay, 3 of the 4 were europeans (the 4th was Derrek), 2 even were german (the 3rd european was pinobot... netherlands? no idea... a newb), and those 2 germans were from DOP, which we didnt even know until the match was over.  Anyways, you won easily on your server, so whats the point of your harassment there...  still mad we beat you on castle1?  ;) j/k

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #108 on: December 01, 2005, 03:03:50 AM »
Fixed the problem with sv_maxfps erroneously kicking clients.  Also fixed the bug S8N pointed out with exec-ing files missing a linefeed on the last line.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #109 on: December 05, 2005, 12:27:57 PM »
Tweaked the newmap command to end maps gracefully.  It also uses the map from the rotation, if the map is in rotation, so it will reset the votes for that map and use the rotation game mode (if not specified by the newmap command).  This will keep a map from coming up in rotation right after an admin has changed to it.

There was also a bug that prevented maps without 1flag support from being used in straight elimination mode.  Fixed that.

My next focus is the global ban list.

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #110 on: December 05, 2005, 05:10:27 PM »
Hellz ya

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #111 on: December 05, 2005, 06:22:36 PM »
Personally, new entities would be nice.

Ooh! New thread!

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #112 on: December 15, 2005, 04:03:05 AM »

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #113 on: December 28, 2005, 11:30:29 PM »
Haven't updated for a while since I've been home for Christmas.

I found a bug in the translation code -- if you change languages in play, it crashes.  Heh, it helps to properly name functions.  I had named a function "hash_table_clear", which doesn't just clear the values in the hash table, but actually wipes out the whole hash table.  Oops.

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #114 on: December 28, 2005, 11:51:05 PM »
Silly, silly jits. Anyway, how about a list of changes in build 16(so far)?

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #115 on: January 03, 2006, 08:38:11 PM »
I don't feel like putting together a list right now.  Most of the stuff has been just tweaks and bugfixes anyway.  I try to make the even builds stable. :)

I've been working on an external server browser off and on.  It's coming along nicely.  I'm trying to make it as bloat-free as possible.  Currently the executable is 20.5k.  Eventually I'd like to make it into a notifier that can alert people when their favorite map is on, or a friend, etc.  Hopefully it will generate some more activity.

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #116 on: January 03, 2006, 08:48:06 PM »
I've been working on an external server browser off and on.  It's coming along nicely.  I'm trying to make it as bloat-free as possible.  Currently the executable is 20.5k.  Eventually I'd like to make it into a notifier that can alert people when their favorite map is on, or a friend, etc.  Hopefully it will generate some more activity.

Must... not... hug...

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #117 on: January 04, 2006, 01:22:15 AM »
The global banlist has been mostly implemented.  It just needs to be thoroughly tested and have the web interface done.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #118 on: January 05, 2006, 01:50:10 AM »
Added "newmap" to sv commands, so you can do things like "sv newmap arenaball 1flag" from the console.  Worked on tweaking the global banlist a bit.  It's going to need a lot of testing to make sure it doesn't do things like... accidentally ban everybody.

Fixed that issue where if a map has ended, it stays at the scoreboard until somebody connects, then switches.  Now it changes the map regardless of whether or not people are connected.

Fixed the idle check so it will kick lagged out players off of a team, too.  (Hopefully.  Needs testing.)
« Last Edit: January 05, 2006, 02:10:35 AM by jitspoe »

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #119 on: January 09, 2006, 07:19:20 PM »
With my new system, I've noticed a problem with the packet rate -- with super high framerates, it sends packets at a higher rate than cl_cmdrate, so I'll have to figure out what's up with that.  I have a better idea of how to do it now, though.