Author Topic: jitspoe's .plan  (Read 278067 times)

T3RR0R15T

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
Re: jitspoe's .plan
« Reply #460 on: October 02, 2008, 09:35:42 AM »
U plan to make full versions or updates monthly and a full version, if some new things are working 100% ?

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #461 on: October 20, 2008, 09:25:04 AM »
Not sure what I'll release each month, but I'd like to put SOMETHING out, just to keep things moving and show progress being made.  Speaking of updates, I've put out some test builds of 24.

I had a smoke grenade left over from a paintball scenario game this weekend, so I recorded that.  Smoke grenades are like 10x's cooler with sound effects.

T3RR0R15T

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #462 on: November 05, 2008, 10:03:14 AM »
Will there be a new server build this month?

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #463 on: November 06, 2008, 09:32:59 AM »
I'm trying to fix a bunch of little bugs, then I'll put out a new release.

On another note: I now have a genuine Spyder SE, so I can get some accurate sound recordings and build an accurate model.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #464 on: November 08, 2008, 12:48:55 AM »
I've fixed the logging for siege round ends.  Turns out I never converted that code to the new event-driven system I implemented back in build 11 / 1.80.  I converted everything over, so it should correctly report round ends to the client, log them, centerprint the messages (and cache them for improved bandwidth).  Hopefully I didn't screw anything up in the process.  I had to reorganize the logic quite a bit.

UDead

• Autococker
« Reply #465 on: November 22, 2008, 09:43:50 AM »
I'm really looking forwarded to the new update.
----------------------------------------

When is the new build coming out? I have been hearing rumors about build 24 already out.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2008, 05:07:52 AM by UDead »

T3RR0R15T

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #466 on: December 01, 2008, 08:29:42 AM »
When is the new build coming out? I have been hearing rumors about build 24 already out.
Yes, the first pretest build.

UDead

• Autococker
« Reply #467 on: December 01, 2008, 10:05:38 AM »
So who gets to test theses beta builds and how long does it take to find all the bugs and get them fix? What do you have to do to be able to beta test the new builds?

i_am_a_pirate

• Autococker
« Reply #468 on: December 01, 2008, 10:16:02 AM »
go to the general development forum and scroll half-way down the page.... or use the search.

anyway, heres the link for the thread:
http://dplogin.com/forums/index.php?topic=15163.0

UDead

• Autococker
« Reply #469 on: December 01, 2008, 11:30:39 AM »
Thank-You for the link

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #470 on: December 02, 2008, 01:10:28 PM »
Well, between the holiday, a multi-day paintball scenario game, and getting sick, I didn't manage to make a November release.  I still need to wrap up a couple bugs, compile a new linux version, and get VicouZ' code changes in.  Glad somebody is working on some client features so I can focus more on the game server/login features and bugs.

KnacK

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #471 on: December 02, 2008, 01:58:27 PM »
+1 for the V-man!!!

T3RR0R15T

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #472 on: December 02, 2008, 03:34:16 PM »
Sounds like a nice x-mas build :D

i_am_a_pirate

• Autococker
« Reply #473 on: December 03, 2008, 11:51:01 AM »
yayy!!!! A christmas present! I never get one of those!! ...seriously....

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #474 on: December 24, 2008, 11:45:12 PM »
Sorry, but I won't be releasing a Christmas build.  Life has been pretty crazy lately.  My lease is expiring in a couple months and the rent is getting jacked up, so about 3 weekends ago, I was looking at apartments.  Then two weeks ago, while I was driving back from a paintball event in Myrtle Beach, my car fell apart, which resulted in an interesting story involving a one armed man, a midget, and a black crack w***e in a town surrounded by swamp in Nowhere Carolina.  So last weekend I was out buying a car, then, BAM!  It's Christmas.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #475 on: January 20, 2009, 06:37:15 PM »
Well, things have been pretty busy in my life.  We've been in crunch time at work, so no weekends or holidays.  What little free time I've had, I've been using to try to keep up with banning cheaters and whatnot.  Today, I lucked out, though.  We got several inches of snow, and since the Raleigh area basically shuts down (snow is so rare that they don't have equipment to clear it) when it snows, I got the day off of work.  I'm still kind of in high gear from crunch time, so I've been working away at Paintball 2.  I went out and recorded some footsteps in the snow with my new microphone while I still had the chance, and put some very basic surface specific sounds in the game.  I think it sounds great.  I'm working on getting the code additions ViciouZ and Zorchenhimer have made into the build now.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #476 on: February 14, 2009, 04:53:07 PM »
Next build is just about ready, I think, but due to bad timing, I'm in the middle of moving right now and may be without 'net access for a couple of days.

T3RR0R15T

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #477 on: February 14, 2009, 05:25:52 PM »
Good.

U fixed new bugs or some/all bugs from the feature vote page too?

EDIT: Idk, i u use the develpoer setting, but there are a lot of "FindFile: can't find XXX" things with an "S_Update_: overflow" at the end.
U also include the step_snow0.wav --> step_snow3.wav files?

EDIT2: Pls check the b25 testserver.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2009, 07:25:55 PM by T3RR0R15T »

UDead

• Autococker
« Reply #478 on: February 16, 2009, 10:13:52 AM »
good luck and i hope you get everything ready and done.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #479 on: February 23, 2009, 02:16:56 PM »
Good.

U fixed new bugs or some/all bugs from the feature vote page too?
Not all bugs have been fixed on the feature vote.  If I tried to fix everything, it would probably be a while before you saw another release. :)  I tried to fix the new issues introduced in build 25.

EDIT: Idk, i u use the develpoer setting, but there are a lot of "FindFile: can't find XXX" things with an "S_Update_: overflow" at the end.
U also include the step_snow0.wav --> step_snow3.wav files?
I tried that.  A lot of those errors are simply because the textures are in different file formats, so it will check for tga, then jpg, then pcx, etc.  If textures aren't visually missing, there shouldn't be an issue.  I'm not sure about the S_Update_: overflow message.  I also got that, but I didn't hear any problems with the audio.

EDIT2: Pls check the b25 testserver.
Forgot to do that - PM me on IRC so I can check it when I get home.

As for new stuff, I went out to play paintball again this weekend.  I think I have recordings for all of the guns now.  Hopefully they turned out well.  I also got some recordings of paintballs hitting a bunch of different surfaces.  I'll try to wait on those until I get a solid release out.